Gaming Laptop or Mini PC??

I am planning to replace my old laptop,. And i need something i can game with, probably with a high refresh rate screen and a decent graphics card, i am a graphic designer, developer and of course gamer.. Can anyone recommend me a laptop or mini PC? Or if what is best, buying a laptop or a mini PC,. Please,. Thanks..

Just now, CrazyArVee said:

I am planning to replace my old laptop,. And i need something i can game with, probably with a high refresh rate screen and a decent graphics card, i am a graphic designer, developer and of course gamer.. Can anyone recommend me a laptop or mini PC? Or if what is best, buying a laptop or a mini PC,. Please,. Thanks..

mini pc for your use. You can get better specs then most laptops 

How mini are we talking? You can build a small form factor tower with an excellent upgrade path, depending on the size requirements.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, CrazyArVee said:

How small and what budget?

19 minutes ago, CrazyArVee said:

Budget? And what will you be gaming -> how much gpu power will you need?

24 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

How mini are we talking? You can build a small form factor tower with an excellent upgrade path, depending on the size requirements.

Something portable,. You can bring on a bag,.

23 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

How small and what budget?

Something portable, can be in a bag,. Something less than $1000

24 minutes ago, Dappner said:

Budget? And what will you be gaming -> how much gpu power will you need?

Just enough to play triple A games decently,. Less than $1000

1 minute ago, CrazyArVee said:

Look at a laptop such as the Lenovo Y540 or Asus TuF A15 then. Should be able to get a Ryzen 5 4600H or i7 9750H (both hex-core) and a 1650/1660

Just now, CrazyArVee said:

I've heard good things about the Intel NUC Hades Canyon....

In terms of laptops Lenovo Legion Y545 is supposed to be pretty good I think....

Just now, Dappner said:

I've heard good things about the Intel NUC Hades Canyon....

In terms of laptops Lenovo Legion Y545 is supposed to be pretty good I think....

Y540* - the Y545 is an overheating mess.

As for Hades Canyon - drivers are fucked. Intel haven't released a new driver for the GPU in years.

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Y540* - the Y545 is an overheating mess.

As for Hades Canyon - drivers are fucked. Intel haven't released a new driver for the GPU in years.

Ah ok sorry my bad...