Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can anyone recommend me good headphones

So my budget is something like under 80 USD dollars. I'm looking for wired surround sound headphones that are mic less since i'm going to get a separate microphone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Flaxe said:

So my budget is something like under 80 USD dollars. I'm looking for wired surround sound headphones that are mic less since i'm going to get a separate microphone.

razer karakens, dont plug in the mic

NOTE: I AM NEVER ALWAYS RIGHT, BUT I AM HAPPY TO HELP ANYWAY I CAN

Tag me @WambleCropped or quote me so I can see your reply

My Rig: RTX 2060, R7 1700X, Samsung 860 500GB, Masterlite Liquid Cooler, Asrock Pro B540,16GB of RAM G.Skill 2133

PSU Tier List                    SSD Tier List                              Graphics Tier List

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Flaxe said:

So my budget is something like under 80 USD dollars. I'm looking for wired surround sound headphones that are mic less since i'm going to get a separate microphone.

If you want to go for (audio) quality I would throw a bit more USD Dollars on your budget and go for something like a Sennheiser or Audio-Technica.
Then there's also something like on ear and over ear. Which one do you prefer? Is it for gaming, (audio) editing, or to listen to music and watching films/videos?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I prefer over ear for both gaming and music.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Messquito said:

If you want to go for (audio) quality I would throw a bit more USD Dollars on your budget and go for something like a Sennheiser or Audio-Technica.
Then there's also something like on ear and over ear. Which one do you prefer? Is it for gaming, (audio) editing, or to listen to music and watching films/videos?

I can't really put in more than a 100 USD for my headphones because of the fact that my budget for my entire setup, was 900 USD dollars but is now over 1000 for getting pc parts and peripherals.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Flaxe said:

I can't really put in more than a 100 USD for my headphones because of the fact that my budget for my entire setup, was 900 USD dollars but is now over 1000 for getting pc parts and peripherals.

When you don't have a mic yet I would recommend you to try "WO mic". It's a software you download on your PC and an app for your phone. In such way you can connect your phone through USB with your PC and use it as a mic. I use it too (since I don't want unneccessary cables flying around and I don't use a mic fulltime).
Like that you can save some money and throw the extra $20 on something like a Sennheiser or Audio-Technica headphone. The two I would recommend, and I think most would agree, are the Sennheiser HD280PRO & Audio-Technica ATH-M40x.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Messquito said:

When you don't have a mic yet I would recommend you to try "WO mic". It's a software you download on your PC and an app for your phone. In such way you can connect your phone through USB with your PC and use it as a mic. I use it too (since I don't want unneccessary cables flying around and I don't use a mic fulltime).
Like that you can save some money and throw the extra $20 on something like a Sennheiser or Audio-Technica headphone. The two I would recommend, and I think most would agree, are the Sennheiser HD280PRO & Audio-Technica ATH-M40x.

I would definitely try that if it weren't for the fact that I record but with apps like discord, that sounds like a great idea and I do appreciate the suggestion. I could probably share this to my friend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Flaxe said:

I would definitely try that if it weren't for the fact that I record but with apps like discord, that sounds like a great idea and I do appreciate the suggestion. I could probably share this to my friend.

This is both the link where you can download the software and see all steps: https://wolicheng.com/womic/

In the app store when you search for "WO mic" it will be immediately shown.

 

If you have any question you can ask me or reply here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Messquito said:

This is both the link where you can download the software and see all steps: https://wolicheng.com/womic/

In the app store when you search for "WO mic" it will be immediately shown.

 

If you have any question you can ask me or reply here.

Got it

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Flaxe said:

So my budget is something like under 80 USD dollars. I'm looking for wired surround sound headphones that are mic less since i'm going to get a separate microphone.

I find the AKG m220's pretty decent for the price, they're pretty comfortable over ears, but I do find they lack a bit in bass, the bass is there however it's just I prefer bassier. they're on Amazon for $60 right now I believe.

Link to post
Share on other sites

what type of music do you listen to?

 

***FEEL FREE TO DM ME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY GEAR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR JUST CURIOUS***

CPU : ryzen 3600x  Motherboard: msi mag b550 tomahawk RAM:32 gig G.Skill Neo GPU: gtx 1070 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 500 gig WD blue SSD x1 500 gig 860 evo SSD x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

 PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! dark rock pro 4Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 ---> Liquid spark DAC---> monolith Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, Hifiman HE4xx, AKG k240, AKG k52

Speaker Setup: Topping PA3--->Micca RB42

My portable setup: fiio Q1 mk2, fiio ubtr, fiio btr1k,fiio btr5---> whatever bud or IEM Im feeling that day

 AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2020 at 5:03 PM, rice guru said:

what type of music do you listen to?

 

If your talking to me, I prefer listening to classical (shut up) music maybe during homework and gaming. But I would also like bass for games during big explosions and especially in Subnautica 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Flaxe said:

If your talking to me, I prefer listening to classical (shut up) music maybe during homework and gaming. But I would also like bass for games during big explosions and especially in Subnautica 

then the creative aurvana lives may be your alley or the takstar pro 82 where you can control how much bass you have. 

***FEEL FREE TO DM ME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY GEAR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR JUST CURIOUS***

CPU : ryzen 3600x  Motherboard: msi mag b550 tomahawk RAM:32 gig G.Skill Neo GPU: gtx 1070 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 500 gig WD blue SSD x1 500 gig 860 evo SSD x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

 PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! dark rock pro 4Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 ---> Liquid spark DAC---> monolith Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, Hifiman HE4xx, AKG k240, AKG k52

Speaker Setup: Topping PA3--->Micca RB42

My portable setup: fiio Q1 mk2, fiio ubtr, fiio btr1k,fiio btr5---> whatever bud or IEM Im feeling that day

 AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×