Intel Stock Cooler Fan Blade Removal

N3RK0

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to remove fan blades from a stock intel cooler and if it can be done it would be nice if someone tells me how :).

This is how it looks without the plastic intel cover.

post-9734-0-08920500-1367248141_thumb.jp

post-9734-0-08920500-1367248141_thumb.jp

CASE: Thermaltake Commander MS-I | CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16 GHz @ stock cooler | MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte P31-ES3G | GPU: Gigabyte Amd Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 | PSU: Blueberry 550W | HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green 500 GB

I know you can remove the whole fan assembly from the heat-sink itself.  There are plastic clips which hook onto the aluminium, pull them up and the fan assembly will separate.  

From there you should be able to just pop the fan blades off... I think

As you can see from the picture I've removed the fan from the heat-sink but the problem is how to remove the fan blades...

CASE: Thermaltake Commander MS-I | CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16 GHz @ stock cooler | MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte P31-ES3G | GPU: Gigabyte Amd Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 | PSU: Blueberry 550W | HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green 500 GB

By the looks of it the plastic in the middle is removable, try pulling it up.

By the looks of it the plastic in the middle is removable, try pulling it up.

Unfortunately it's not.

Unfortunately it's not.

Yep. your right.

Just tried to pull it up on the old 775 fan, no go.

can i ask why you want to remove the fan blades?

Mostly curiosity and maybe painting in the future...

can i ask why you want to remove the fan blades?

Probably because his fan is dead. If your fan is dead get a hyper 212 or something cheap anything is better than a stock fan.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Old stock coolers had an exposed hole so that you can remove the latch and by that remove the fan, but the newer ones don't. .

hmm if i remember intel stock fans are tied together even if you drill right behind the fan you will see there is no way to remove it

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18