Buying a new CPU/Mobo

Go to solution Solved by RadiatingLight,
2 hours ago, Abdelrahman Mohamed said:

I can't afford ryzen 5 3600 right now, my budget is really that tight .. the maximum i can go for is ryzen 5 2600 or intel i5-9400f

why does the 1600af represents a compromise? will it be bottlenecking my gpu?

my current cpu is i5-3470 and the game is playable 60~70 fps, but i can't even use discord while playing and it lags here and there

With a tight budget, the 1600AF is absolutely the way to go, better than the 9400F and equal to the 2600 while being cheaper. but since it is an older product, single-core speeds aren't up-to-par with modern offerings, and the memory controller isn't as good. That means that your RAM likely won't be able to clock higher than 3200Mhz, and that highly-single-threaded games might have slightly less FPS. But, this FPS decrease isn't substantial, since it mostly affects light games anyway like CS:GO, and you probably don't care that it's at 350FPS instead of 400.

1600AF is the best choice for you.

Hello, i'm gonna buy a new cpu and i'm not sure what to get, i'm kinda leaning to ryzen 5 1600AF with MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX cause i'll OC the cpu and i'm planing to upgrade to ryzen 5 3600 in the future or should i go with intel?

MY GPU: RX580 Sapphire Nitro+ 8gb

I use my pc for matlab, programming but mainly for gaming, COD Modern warfare on 1080p MAX settings

Definitely not Intel. The only product they sell that has ANY reason to buy is the 9900KS for 240+ HZ gaming. Other than that they're dead in the water until the 10th gen

The question is 1600AF or 3600 basically. The 1600AF represents a compromise while the 3600 doesn't. Depends what your budget is, but unless it's very tight I'd go with the 3600 if you can.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

9 hours ago, Votivee said:

Budget?

i live in egypt and we don't use dollars here so it'll be kind of irrelevant, but i can affrod maximum ryzen 5 2600 or intel i5-9400f, somewhere in this price range

9 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

Definitely not Intel. The only product they sell that has ANY reason to buy is the 9900KS for 240+ HZ gaming. Other than that they're dead in the water until the 10th gen

The question is 1600AF or 3600 basically. The 1600AF represents a compromise while the 3600 doesn't. Depends what your budget is, but unless it's very tight I'd go with the 3600 if you can.

I can't afford ryzen 5 3600 right now, my budget is really that tight .. the maximum i can go for is ryzen 5 2600 or intel i5-9400f

my current cpu is i5-3470 and the game is playable 60~70 fps, but i can't even use discord while playing and it lags here and there

2 hours ago, Abdelrahman Mohamed said:

With a tight budget, the 1600AF is absolutely the way to go, better than the 9400F and equal to the 2600 while being cheaper. but since it is an older product, single-core speeds aren't up-to-par with modern offerings, and the memory controller isn't as good. That means that your RAM likely won't be able to clock higher than 3200Mhz, and that highly-single-threaded games might have slightly less FPS. But, this FPS decrease isn't substantial, since it mostly affects light games anyway like CS:GO, and you probably don't care that it's at 350FPS instead of 400.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

32 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

My monitor is 60hz and i'm already getting 65~70 fps using i5-3470 so i don't care about fps as long as it's beyond 60.

Thank you so much ❤️