Unity and Blender Performance with i7-9700K.

Many people say that the best CPU for rendering and video edits are the i9-9900K due to hyperthreading capability.

Because I'm among the people that cannot afford it, the all-gaming i7-9700K is as far as I could go.

Now, here's the situation:

I'll be picking up 3D design with Blender and game development (Unity) skills for a possible career in a game company. If in the future, I may have some major take-home projects given by my company that involves massive use of Blender, Unity, or video editing software. Those programs are what people say the i9-9900K can handle well because of the 16 threads.

Can the i7-9700K work well with these giants too? Or, how much of a bottleneck will my PC suffer with these programs open? (MSI Z390 ACE + RTX2060S + 32GB RAM). 

Why not Ryzen 7 3700X?

It's a lot better for Blender, VMWare than i7 9700k. IDK about Unity much but its also likely to be better for that as well. 

Edit:

Maybe I misunderstood... you already have 9700k?

Yea it will work fine for most tasks, the 9900k is a bit faster, but the 9700k isn't slow either.

Also both of those programs have free versions, so just play around and see what works. 

I have used blender on much slower systems with no problems

39 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Why not Ryzen 7 3700X?

It's a lot better for Blender, VMWare than i7 9700k. IDK about Unity much but its also likely to be better for that as well. 

Well, I've assembled the rig last year and I'm a long time user of Intel. Especially even I were to switch from Intel to AMD, it means spending extra for a new motherboard.

After hearing many people praising AMD for price and performance, I became convinced though.

13 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Yea it will work fine for most tasks, the 9900k is a bit faster, but the 9700k isn't slow either.

Also both of those programs have free versions, so just play around and see what works. 

I have used blender on much slower systems with no problems

How much difference in speed between the i9 and i7 running those tasks?

3 minutes ago, magiarecord9845 said:

How much difference in speed between the i9 and i7 running those tasks?

Look at reviews.

Probably between 0-30% depending on the task.

I don't understand when OP is talking and is interested in Intel CPU's, people suggest and bring AMD in the conversation ....... 

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

7 minutes ago, Constantin said:

I don't understand when OP is talking and is interested in Intel CPU's, people suggest and bring AMD in the conversation ....... 

OP said himself that he's considering switching to AMD so...

@Meganter

The first post didn't mention AMD, of course if all the posts talk about AMD he will consider it .......

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

2 minutes ago, Constantin said:

@Meganter

The first post didn't mention AMD, of course if all the posts talk about AMD he will consider it .......

That's why you read all the answers and not only the OP.......

Also, @magiarecord9845 you shouldn't go AMD anyway since you'll need a new motherboard etc, for rendering though a 3900x is better than a 9900K.

2 minutes ago, Meganter said:

for rendering though a 3900x is better than a 9900K.

Not really, just because it has more threads

2 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Not really, just because it has more threads

What's your point ? It's better that's all.