Missing an 8 pin connector

xIKirito

Hey as the title states I'm missing an 8x connector I just now bought an rtx 2070 super and I'm upgrading from my 970 and I just wanted to know if use the 6x connector will it hurt the longevity of my 2070 super?

Just now, xIKirito said:

Hey as the title states I'm missing an 8x connector I just now bought an rtx 2070 super and I'm upgrading from my 970 and I just wanted to know if use the 6x connector will it hurt the longevity of my 2070 super?

It likely won't even turn on without that 6+2 pin/8 pin PCIE.

Also, if your PSU does not have the right connector(s) for the videocard, it is not meant to supply as much power as is needed.

Get a new PSU if it does not have the proper plugs.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

What power supply do you have? Are you missing the cable for the power supply or don't you have one at all?

8 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

What power supply do you have? Are you missing the cable for the power supply or don't you have one at all?

I currently have a 350 watt power supply and I forgot what brand it was but it only has 1 8x which Im using for my motherboard, and 1 6x+2 and 1 6x for my gpu.

Ok I just sold my 970 so I'm going to buy a 650 power supply any recommendations in the price range of $60-70? 

I bought a corsair semi modular 550 80 bronze plus thanks anyways now I have to hope my case is big enough lmao