Is there a big difference between the gigabyte 1660 super gaming oc and the gigabyte 1660 super oc?

I'm going to buy a 1660 Super, I saw that the price difference between the Gigabyte GTX 1660 Super Gaming OC and the Gigabyte GTX 1660 Super OC is "big" since I found the Gaming OC for 269€ and the OC for 250€ (227€ refurbished)

I have two questions:

I saw that the regular OC has 2 fans instead of 3. Is that the only difference between those two? I'm not going to play graphic-consuming games, so I don't think overheating will be a problem (I'm probably only going to play Overwatch, Rainbow Six Siege, League of Legends, GTA V but not anything really demanding)

Is buying a refurbished GPU worth it? Because that 23€ difference between the normal one and the refurbished one will help a lot since I'm building a computer right now.

15 minutes ago, ooof.u said:

I'm going to buy a 1660 Super, I saw that the price difference between the Gigabyte GTX 1660 Super Gaming OC and the Gigabyte GTX 1660 Super OC is "big" since I found the Gaming OC for 269€ and the OC for 250€ (227€ refurbished)

I have two questions:

I saw that the regular OC has 2 fans instead of 3. Is that the only difference between those two? I'm not going to play graphic-consuming games, so I don't think overheating will be a problem (I'm probably only going to play Overwatch, Rainbow Six Siege, League of Legends, GTA V but not anything really demanding)

Is buying a refurbished GPU worth it? Because that 23€ difference between the normal one and the refurbished one will help a lot since I'm building a computer right now.

The difference between an over clocked version and a normal one  is usually the OC one is binned and has a better power phase and that's about it 

And for refurbished GPU I'm not really familiar with refurbished GPU market because it doesn't really come up often for me but if you are on a really tight budget just get the normal one and not the oced one 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

The difference between an over clocked version and a normal one  is usually the OC one is binned and has a better power phase and that's about it 

And for refurbished GPU I'm not really familiar with refurbished GPU market because it doesn't really come up often for me but if you are on a really tight budget just get the normal one and the oced one 

I don't think you got it xd

Those GPUs I'm talking about are not the same, both are overclockable

Gigabyte GTX 1660 Super Gaming OC

8530_2.jpg.1f34121d9088f9ad48a4e49013740cfc.jpg

Gigabyte GTX 1660 Super OC

482933931_placa-de-video-gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1660-super-oc-6gb-gddr6-192-bit-gv-n166soc-6gd-1578951129500_560x666fill_ffffff.jpg.19caa686d687937f95875c14d591616b.jpg

As you can see, they are different, but the only apparent difference is that one has two fans instead of 3, I wanted to know if there are more differences than that haha

1 hour ago, ooof.u said:

I have two questions:

It appears the main difference is the number of fans, yes.  The need for 2 or 3 fans isn't necessarily dependent on how intense of games you play, but how cool you want you GPU to run and how quiet.  Typically a triple fan card will be a little quieter because, in theory, the fans won't have to ramp us as much in order to keep it cool.  So you can apply a less aggressive fan curve for a quieter experience.  

The GPU's themselves are for the most part, the same.  There's no way to definitively say one way or the other what one will be better, because that's just luck of the draw really. 

New vs Refurb?  Well, you'll have to assess the level of risk involved.  New cards come with warranties.  Used cards, you need to dig into the seller a bit and see how reputable of source it is, and how much they are willing to work with you if it arrives to you not working. But, if you feel comfortable with the seller, and find a good deal, then the used market can be a great place to find good deals. 

Just now, pstarlord said:

It appears the main difference is the number of fans, yes.  The need for 2 or 3 fans isn't necessarily dependent on how intense of games you play, but how cool you want you GPU to run and how quiet.  Typically a triple fan card will be a little quieter because, in theory, the fans won't have to ramp us as much in order to keep it cool.  So you can apply a less aggressive fan curve for a quieter experience.  

The GPU's themselves are for the most part, the same.  There's no way to definitively say one way or the other what one will be better, because that's just luck of the draw really. 

New vs Refurb?  Well, you'll have to assess the level of risk involved.  New cards come with warranties.  Used cards, you need to dig into the seller a bit and see how reputable of source it is, and how much they are willing to work with you if it arrives to you not working. But, if you feel comfortable with the seller, and find a good deal, then the used market can be a great place to find good deals. 

I'm going to buy from a popular online store here in Portugal, it comes with 2 years of warranty so I tought it was a great deal

2 hours ago, ooof.u said:

I don't think you got it xd

Those GPUs I'm talking about are not the same, both are overclockable

Gigabyte GTX 1660 Super Gaming OC

8530_2.jpg.1f34121d9088f9ad48a4e49013740cfc.jpg

Gigabyte GTX 1660 Super OC

482933931_placa-de-video-gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1660-super-oc-6gb-gddr6-192-bit-gv-n166soc-6gd-1578951129500_560x666fill_ffffff.jpg.19caa686d687937f95875c14d591616b.jpg

As you can see, they are different, but the only apparent difference is that one has two fans instead of 3, I wanted to know if there are more differences than that haha

Oh yea my bad lol

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: