Apple launches the iPhone SE "2"

Dietrichw
Just now, Curufinwe_wins said:

Sprint via Best Buy is offering 499 right now outright, and some cheaper monthly deals.

Boost is also offering 499, without strings (the Sprint deal above has some strings).

These seem like promotions. Not a bad deal if you snatch it up - never the less, the vast majority of places seem to be selling at Retail $599. This is the price that most people will pay.

Just now, Curufinwe_wins said:

-snip-

Right now anyways, yes some of the other ones I looked at previously have apparently gone back up, which is unfortunate.

As for refurbs/mint used market, that's in the 450 range right now for the factory unlocked variants, which yes. Is very different. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

4 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

These seem like promotions. Not a bad deal if you snatch it up - never the less, the vast majority of places seem to be selling at Retail $599. This is the price that most people will pay.

I don't know the last normal person I've seen pay retail for any phone... mostly because of promotions ofc, but still. Statistically speaking, it may well be true that most people do. And I can accept that critique. It was much more common in recent weeks to have all these deals everywhere than it is right now.

But there was a reason I didn't bother showing this deal by comparison... now this is pure promotional...

20200416_154322.thumb.jpg.7b2d783022aa431899ad5ddb4783aab3.jpg

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I wish they'd just make a small iPhone, something like the size of the early ones but with basic modern/smart functionality.  I feel like pretty much all modern phones are way overkill for my needs. 

6 minutes ago, Newenthusiast said:

I wish they'd just make a small iPhone, something like the size of the early ones but with basic modern/smart functionality.  I feel like pretty much all modern phones are way overkill for my needs. 

yer i would relay like something in the physical form factor or the 5S but with an edge to edge screen. (basically the same screen size as the 6s, 7 and 8 (and new SE) but smaller case. that designed language from the 4/4s 5/5s is so much better than the new one.

Geez, the iPhone range is a right fking mess.

Apple really made it confusing after the X came out with the SE(2nd gen), XR, XS and the 11. It's kinda hard to tell where each one falls in the lineup now.

10 minutes ago, Newenthusiast said:

Don't think you'll see that again, realistically.  It's not even so much demand or trends as it is technical limitations.  Modern processors, cellular chipsets and similar features need a certain amount of space and power.

The pricing plus the features plus the 2019 CPU make this Apple's best phone in years, easily!