Opinions On My First Build

RJ2536

So as the title says I'm just looking for opinions on my first ever pc build. It's going to be used mostly for gaming and maybe some video editing. -Also I already bought the PSU, Motherboard, CPU and SSD. I am somewhat on a budget ($850) but I won't limit myself to it. Case- Nzxt phantom 410. PSU- xfx xxx 650w. Mobo- Asrock z77 extreme 4. CPU- i5 3570k. (Using stock cooler because I won't be over clocking yet). Memory- G skills rip jaws X 4x2=8gb. GPU- XFX 7850 double dissipation SSD- Samsung 840 120gb(I know not the best). OS- Windows 7 64bit. So that's what I've decided on so far, I want to be able to run any game I can throw at it (I won't be playing crysis but I want to know I could run it on High or ultra settings smoothly). Any recommendations are very much appreciated, Thanks in advance!

Get a hardrive as well, an SSD probably won't be able to handle many games including raw files for editing and other miscellaneous stuff.

Good Morning...

I would go for the 7950 if your you can stretch your budget.

Yes I'll likely be getting a hdd probably a WD black 1tb or another SSD. But for the first month or so I should be ok with the 120gb. As for the 7950 I have thought about it but I don't want to go over the $250 mark for a GPU as of right now. I should be fine with a 7850 for a while right? Also forgot to mention this is US$

Go for fewer sticks of ram. Fewer sticks = Fewer problems.

It also leaves room for future upgrades.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Looks sweet, gl with the little project of yours :)

Go for fewer sticks of ram. Fewer sticks = Fewer problems.

It also leaves room for future upgrades.

Actually him going with 2x4 is the better choice so that he can take advantage of his dual channel memory board.

Actually him going with 2x4 is the better choice so that he can take advantage of his dual channel memory board.

The post says he's using 4x2, not 2x4.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

sorry, i missed that detail

Yes I'll likely be getting a hdd probably a WD black 1tb or another SSD. But for the first month or so I should be ok with the 120gb. As for the 7950 I have thought about it but I don't want to go over the $250 mark for a GPU as of right now. I should be fine with a 7850 for a while right? Also forgot to mention this is US$

Check our Seagates Barracuda series, they are cheaper and bring up the same specs.

yeah sorry about that I meant 2x4

Check our Seagates Barracuda series, they are cheaper and bring up the same specs.

will do, however I've been thinking of maybe just getting another SSD one with a lot more space.