Low FPS on Minecraft with shaders (GPU useage only 30%) Help!

Excalibur20

So I just downloaded BSL shaders for Minecraft and in game I'm getting only 20-30 fps. I thought that maybe the shaders were too much for my GPU ( I have a 1060), but when I checked my GPU usage it was only at 30%. So then I looked to see if I was having a CPU bottleneck and CPU usage was only 10-20% except for CPU 11 which was spiking in the high 90s.  Is there any way to get rid of this bottleneck or otherwise get higher FPS? Thanks for any help! (BTW I'm running Minecraft 1.15.2 with OpiFine 1.15.2 preview 13.)

Spoiler

1725249163_TaskManager4_14_20202_12_30PM.thumb.png.1af4507c26620ae725799de8474b31c5.png

Spoiler

941806612_TaskManager4_14_20202_13_06PM.thumb.png.d31adcfa990289e04b10209d577ed5d0.png

7 minutes ago, Excalibur20 said:

So I just downloaded BSL shaders for Minecraft and in game I'm getting only 20-30 fps. I thought that maybe the shaders were too much for my GPU ( I have a 1060), but when I checked my GPU usage it was only at 30%. So then I looked to see if I was having a CPU bottleneck and CPU usage was only 10-20% except for CPU 11 which was spiking in the high 90s.  Is there any way to get rid of this bottleneck or otherwise get higher FPS? Thanks for any help! (BTW I'm running Minecraft 1.15.2 with OpiFine 1.15.2 preview 13.)

Spoiler

Advanced issue found

Reveal hidden contents

941806612_TaskManager4_14_20202_13_06PM.thumb.png.d31adcfa990289e04b10209d577ed5d0.png1725249163_TaskManager4_14_20202_12_30PM.thumb.png.1af4507c26620ae725799de8474b31c5.png

AFAIK MC uses OpenGL which means it uses your CPU, i don't think MC was coded to use DirectX, last time i ran MC on my PC, i remember that it was using my CPU (or OpenGL) only and i was getting about 70 FPS or so. I don't think there is an option to use DirectX (or the GPU) or maybe i'm wrong not sure.

3 minutes ago, AleksiDj73 said:

AFAIK MC uses OGL which means it uses your CPU, i don't think MC was coded to use the GPU, last time i ran MC on my PC, i remember that it was using my CPU only and i was getting about 70 FPS or so. I don't think there is an option to use the GPU or maybe i'm wrong not sure.

My CPU doesn't have integrated graphics so that would be impossible. It can't render 3D graphics.

1 minute ago, Excalibur20 said:

My CPU doesn't have integrated graphics so that would be impossible. It can't render 3D graphics.

I'm not talking about integrated GPUs, i am talking about your dedicated GPU

Edited by AleksiDj73
Misunderstood the reply

Just now, AleksiDj73 said:

But you do have a dedicated GPU right?

yeah

Jokes on you, LTT made a video running Crysis only using CPU. Although it is a 64 core CPU.

Full time technology enthusiast, part time IT.

Just now, Excalibur20 said:

yeah

Sorry read my reply again i misunderstood what you said, i corrected it

2 minutes ago, Excalibur20 said:

You don't need a GPU to render 3D graphics. A CPU can do it, it's just generally not very good at it.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, Pikatchu said:

Jokes on you, LTT made a video running Crysis only using CPU. Although it is a 64 core CPU.

?

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

You don't need a GPU to render 3D graphics. A CPU can do it, it's just generally not very good at it.

Yep correct, forgot to add that to my reply aswell, that's why we have GPUs so it can render 3D graphics quicker than CPUs

Just now, AleksiDj73 said:

Yep correct, forgot to add that to my reply aswell, that's why we have GPUs so it can render 3D graphics quicker than CPUs

Ok, so then how do I get my GPU to render the game instead of my CPU?

You can't that's what i'm saying, well the GPU does very small work, but your CPU does most of the work. If MC was coded to run DirectX, you would be getting 200+ FPS

So you're saying that a multi million dollar game with millions of users was programmed such that it can't use a GPU and has to resort to the CPU to render the graphics? I find that hard to believe and if it is using my CPU to render graphics why only one core? 

So you're saying that a multi million dollar game with millions of users was programmed such that it can't use a GPU and has to resort to the CPU to render the graphics? I find that hard to believe and if it is using my CPU to render graphics why only one core? 

Yep correct. You will find hard to believe what i'll say to you but MC was not coded to use all cores or use multiple cores, yes it's true what i said, if you don't believe me search it yourself

5 hours ago, Excalibur20 said:

I think that the Java edition has the option to offload some of the work to the GPU.  Try that if you aren't already using it.

5 hours ago, Excalibur20 said:

Minecraft was designed to run on basically any computer, meaning it could run on a system without an iGPU.  That's how it got so popular.  Kids could install it on their parent's work laptops.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

can someone please help here? i am having a similar issue with those shaders(bsl) my gtx1060 gets 100% usage while running minecraft with shaders, and cpu is no where near 100%, but...

30-19 fps with bsl, 60-70 with seus. i like bsl a lot better, so some help here? bsl runs teh same frame rate 4k or 1080p for me as well. feels smooth, but those frames. is there something programmed in the shader to limit its frames to 30 like a console?

main rig:

CPU: 8086k @ 4.00ghz-4.3 boost

PSU: 750 watt psu gold (Corsair rm750)

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

Mobo: Z390 taichi ultimate

Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengence lpx @3000mhz speed

case: focus G black

Cooler: mugen 5 rev b,

Storage: 860 evo 1tb/ 120 gb corsair force nvme 500

backup

8gb ram celeron laptop/860 evo 500gb

4 hours ago, Snowarch said:

can someone please help here? i am having a similar issue with those shaders(bsl) my gtx1060 gets 100% usage while running minecraft with shaders, and cpu is no where near 100%, but...

30-19 fps with bsl, 60-70 with seus. i like bsl a lot better, so some help here? bsl runs teh same frame rate 4k or 1080p for me as well. feels smooth, but those frames. is there something programmed in the shader to limit its frames to 30 like a console?

Check your usage for each tread on the CPU, because Minecraft is mostly single threaded so while your entire CPU may not have 100% usage, one of your threads probably does. To check go to task manager --> CPU --> Right click on graph --> change graph to --> Logical processors.

i am on linux, so my cpu usage views itself by threads not %, and or cores. i cannot right now but i can screen shot my cpu graph later. not even one thread uses 100%, three of my 12logical processors occasionally fulccuate between 100, but drops fast and never at the same time. with your theory, wouldn't my first tgtead always be 100%?i play on high, yet my fps are same 4k, and 1080p with bsl.

and why does seus do so well? also with no shaders and high settings 200+ fps.

main rig:

CPU: 8086k @ 4.00ghz-4.3 boost

PSU: 750 watt psu gold (Corsair rm750)

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

Mobo: Z390 taichi ultimate

Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengence lpx @3000mhz speed

case: focus G black

Cooler: mugen 5 rev b,

Storage: 860 evo 1tb/ 120 gb corsair force nvme 500

backup

8gb ram celeron laptop/860 evo 500gb