It’s time to eat my words… OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro

James

Buy OnePlus Smartphones

On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/CVoW

On Newegg (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/Gpyy

On BHPhoto (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/tfIRWc

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

The OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro are here – literally, both are in North America for the first time! But with prices ranging from $700 to nearly $1,000 USD, is it still good value compared to an iPhone 11 or Pixel 4?

Ummm.... why isn't this on Floatplane? 👀

Welp i don't have even money for a new monitor (and that has the priority in upgrades, being from 2005) so I will keep my perfect iPhone 7, that thing is basically batteryless but it runs youtube and reddit so no need to upgrade

Main PC [The Rig of Theseus]:

CPU: i5-8600K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: GTX 1660 | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3000 MHz | Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic | PSU: Corsair RM 650i | SSD: Corsair MP510 480 GB |  HDD: 2x 6 TB WD Red| Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | OS: Windows 11 Pro for Workstations

Secondary PC [Why did I bother]:

CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G | GPU: Vega 3 iGPU | RAM: 8 GB DDR4 3000 MHz | Case: Corsair 88R | PSU: Corsair VS 650 | SSD: WD Green M.2 SATA 120 GB | Motherboard: MSI A320M-A PRO MAX | OS: Windows 11 Pro for Workstations

Server [Solution in search of a problem]:

Model: HP DL360e Gen8 | CPU: 1x Xeon E5-2430L v1 | RAM: 12 GB DDR3 1066 MHz | SSD: Kingston A400 120 GB | OS: VMware ESXi 7

Server 2 electric boogaloo [A waste of electricity]:

Model: intel NUC NUC5CPYH | CPU: Celeron N3050 | RAM: 2GB DDR3L 1600 MHz | SSD: Kingston UV400 120 GB | OS: Debian Bullseye

Laptop:

Model: ThinkBook 14 Gen 2 AMD | CPU: Ryzen 7 4700U | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz | OS: Windows 11 Pro

Photography:

Cameras:

Full Frame digital: Sony α7

APS-C digital: Sony α100

Medium Format Film: Kodak Junior SIX-20

35mm Film:

Lenses:

Sony SAL-1870 18-70mm ƒ/3.5-5.6 

Sony SAL-75300 75-300mm ƒ/4.5-5.6

Meike MK-50mm ƒ/1.7

PSA: No, I didn't waste all that money on computers, (except the main one) my server cost $40, the intel NUC was my old PC (although then it had 8GB of ram, I gave the bigger stick of ram to a person who really needed it), my laptop is used and the second PC is really cheap.

I like tinkering with computers and have a personal hatred towards phones and everything they represent (I daily drive an iPhone 7, or a 6, depends on which one works that day)

Can't wait for the Pixel 4a to arrive, so that at least one interesting phone will launch this year.

Lol. I've actually been holding on to my broken phone waiting for this release, partly because I didn't want to pay for a Pixel. Turns out the Pixel is much cheaper

“You were the chosen one! It was said that you would kill the flagships, not join them. Bring balance to the skyrocketing prices, not leave it going even higher.”

Oh boy...

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Looking at the two, I find it hard to justify buying the 8 Pro over the non-Pro. Basically, the Pro has wireless-charging, slightly bigger battery, a different gimmick-camera and 120Hz max instead of 90Hz -- all combined, those features don't seem worth paying 200€ more. I am tempted by the 8GB/128GB non-pro, though I am quite disappointed that the macro-camera is shit; I do take macro-photos of electronics every now and then and a proper macro-camera would've been very nice and welcome.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

38 minutes ago, BachChain said:

I dream of the day that companies realize that selfie cameras will never completely work with all-screen displays and just get rid of them

That'll never happen because of FaceTime.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

45 minutes ago, BachChain said:

I dream of the day that companies realize that selfie cameras will never completely work with all-screen displays and just get rid of them

No because there's still underscreen cameras to test.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Ok, I for one hate phone cameras, but how the hell is this worst

image.png.359872cb057ba9f1ce6e6e68ccc06bde.png

Than this?

image.png.f676ae3f93db3490515d8337458ebb1a.png

Or this

image.png.b84bd508635457dec5fcf38a7b04b50a.png

Sure the Note and Apple looks more true to color (at what we perceive is true to color) but at the sacrifice of 🤮 quality (want more proof look at the dark side of the cabinet n all 3, the OnePlus is the only one that doesn't want you to run to the toilet and go 🤮 for the next 8 hours).

I've not touched a Flagship since the S4 nor will I touch anything within a Flagship price. Mostly because I burn threw the battery faster than the phone, hence my hatred of non-replaceable batteries. Also telling us they are good pictures when the video shows them as bad (color balance can be fixed) isn't very good, if you want to prove to us they are good start providing the pictures in the description as a zip file or something so those who wish to look and compare can actually do so. Tho buying a phone solely on camera is a stupid idea...

Edit: also at 8:26 it looks and feels like they intentionally took and kept a picture of the person moving, clothing isn't blurry because of processing but because he was moving. Pixel 4 looks better till you look in the background and realize it seems to be graying out the blacks unlike the other 2.

Holy shit, Linus, you really need to keep your facial hair. Do some scaping to it, especially underneath, and wowza you're even hotter!

414760161_Linusisanhot8.PNG.9d6a0bffc9908b75a3c05e674e465ea1.PNG

Those 3 night shot photos looked the same quality to me, just one was brighter (with more noticeable noise). The camera criticism were nit picks at best. I get a lot of people care about the camera quality, but does anyone care that much?

4 hours ago, poochyena said:

Those 3 night shot photos looked the same quality to me, just one was brighter (with more noticeable noise). The camera criticism were nit picks at best. I get a lot of people care about the camera quality, but does anyone care that much?

Karens who post pictures of their precious babies on facebook do seem to care, yes.

It's certainly the sole reason why my brother's wife got herself an iPhone 11, just because it "took better photos"... While my brother got himself a cheap android phone because he gave zero fuck... And yet she uses his phone too while pretending to be him, so I never know if its her that's replying or my brother(until it becomes obvious anyway, which takes about 2 messages). 🤦‍♂️

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

4 hours ago, poochyena said:

I was there in person. The OnePlus shot was nothing like what it actually looked like.

18 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

I was there in person. The OnePlus shot was nothing like what it actually looked like.

Have you considered using a professional camera to get the most true to life photo to compare? Its easy to me to see that one has a lot more noise than another, but its really hard for us to really compare how accurate the color balance is without a reference.

I think the One Plus clearly was a little too red, but its hard to tell by how much.
And to me it looks like the Iphones lightened the shadows WAY too much, introducing a lot of noise... but again, its kinda hard to tell by how much without a control photo for reference.

At the very least, having a specific colorful object you take a photo of in all your videos would be helpful.

1 hour ago, poochyena said:

Have you considered using a professional camera to get the most true to life photo to compare? Its easy to me to see that one has a lot more noise than another, but its really hard for us to really compare how accurate the color balance is without a reference.

I think the One Plus clearly was a little too red, but its hard to tell by how much.
And to me it looks like the Iphones lightened the shadows WAY too much, introducing a lot of noise... but again, its kinda hard to tell by how much without a control photo for reference.

At the very least, having a specific colorful object you take a photo of in all your videos would be helpful.

Hint: Their professional cameras are at their studio where Linus very much isn't

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

35 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

Hint: Their professional cameras are at their studio where Linus very much isn't

they used the camera during this video though...
Either way, its something they could do in the future.

Watching every phone review on youtube over the last few years makes me feel like I am the only one in the world that doesnt care about all screen phones, higher then 1080 screen resolutions, and really high refresh rates on phones.

At this point I feel like there are no new phones that I am looking forward to and while I generally dont watch phone reviews anymore I think I need to avoid watching all of them because they just seem to depress me as phone manufactures move phone designs away from what I am actually looking for.

14 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

Ok, I for one hate phone cameras, but how the hell is this worst

image.png.359872cb057ba9f1ce6e6e68ccc06bde.png

Than this?

image.png.f676ae3f93db3490515d8337458ebb1a.png

Or this

image.png.b84bd508635457dec5fcf38a7b04b50a.png

Sure the Note and Apple looks more true to color (at what we perceive is true to color) but at the sacrifice of 🤮 quality (want more proof look at the dark side of the cabinet n all 3, the OnePlus is the only one that doesn't want you to run to the toilet and go 🤮 for the next 8 hours).

I've not touched a Flagship since the S4 nor will I touch anything within a Flagship price. Mostly because I burn threw the battery faster than the phone, hence my hatred of non-replaceable batteries. Also telling us they are good pictures when the video shows them as bad (color balance can be fixed) isn't very good, if you want to prove to us they are good start providing the pictures in the description as a zip file or something so those who wish to look and compare can actually do so. Tho buying a phone solely on camera is a stupid idea...

Edit: also at 8:26 it looks and feels like they intentionally took and kept a picture of the person moving, clothing isn't blurry because of processing but because he was moving. Pixel 4 looks better till you look in the background and realize it seems to be graying out the blacks unlike the other 2.

That's why I still use a 14 yo DSLR, much better quality than any phone on the market

Main PC [The Rig of Theseus]:

CPU: i5-8600K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: GTX 1660 | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3000 MHz | Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic | PSU: Corsair RM 650i | SSD: Corsair MP510 480 GB |  HDD: 2x 6 TB WD Red| Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | OS: Windows 11 Pro for Workstations

Secondary PC [Why did I bother]:

CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G | GPU: Vega 3 iGPU | RAM: 8 GB DDR4 3000 MHz | Case: Corsair 88R | PSU: Corsair VS 650 | SSD: WD Green M.2 SATA 120 GB | Motherboard: MSI A320M-A PRO MAX | OS: Windows 11 Pro for Workstations

Server [Solution in search of a problem]:

Model: HP DL360e Gen8 | CPU: 1x Xeon E5-2430L v1 | RAM: 12 GB DDR3 1066 MHz | SSD: Kingston A400 120 GB | OS: VMware ESXi 7

Server 2 electric boogaloo [A waste of electricity]:

Model: intel NUC NUC5CPYH | CPU: Celeron N3050 | RAM: 2GB DDR3L 1600 MHz | SSD: Kingston UV400 120 GB | OS: Debian Bullseye

Laptop:

Model: ThinkBook 14 Gen 2 AMD | CPU: Ryzen 7 4700U | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz | OS: Windows 11 Pro

Photography:

Cameras:

Full Frame digital: Sony α7

APS-C digital: Sony α100

Medium Format Film: Kodak Junior SIX-20

35mm Film:

Lenses:

Sony SAL-1870 18-70mm ƒ/3.5-5.6 

Sony SAL-75300 75-300mm ƒ/4.5-5.6

Meike MK-50mm ƒ/1.7

PSA: No, I didn't waste all that money on computers, (except the main one) my server cost $40, the intel NUC was my old PC (although then it had 8GB of ram, I gave the bigger stick of ram to a person who really needed it), my laptop is used and the second PC is really cheap.

I like tinkering with computers and have a personal hatred towards phones and everything they represent (I daily drive an iPhone 7, or a 6, depends on which one works that day)

14 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

Holy shit, Linus, you really need to keep your facial hair. Do some scaping to it, especially underneath, and wowza you're even hotter!

While I don't consider Linus hot, even with the beard, I do agree that it is a major improvement. I especially like that Linus has a reddish tint to it -- it's rare enough to kinda catch the eye and it looks really nice.

I really hope he decides to stick with it; in general, I find men with beards a minimum of 20 times more attractive than without.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

In other news, my hubby decided to order himself and I the 8/128 - version of the Oneplus 8 Pro. Welp. I'm not really complaining about it, but paying 899€ for a phone kinda turns my stomach upside down.

At least the telco bundles Oneplus Bullets Wireless 2's for free with the phones, so there's that. I don't have any good bluetooth-headphones/-handsfree at the moment.

For those who are wondering you can pickup a 300D for about 50 bucks US, there is this one ad that has a full getup which is a awesome deal for those who want to get their feet wet into the SLR market w/o braking bank:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Canon-EOS-Digital-Rebel-300D-DSLR-Camera-w-18-55mm-Lens-and-Flash-w-Extras/193423424430

That's why I still use a 14 yo DSLR, much better quality than any phone on the market

IMG_4289.JPG

IMG_3973.JPG

Not dark as the room in the video likely but lighting is no where near the camera, stables where fairly dark (royal winter fair, years ago). This was taken from my EOS 300D, since then I got a few Nikon lenses and 3 D1's last year, was trying to replace the stupid batteries with new cells, but gave up 😂 Might try again during this pandemic however on one of my weeks off.

15 hours ago, LinusTech said:

This is what a Big Boys camera in a dark scenario looks like. Granted not the best I got from my RP however it's the only one willing to share.

IMG_0570.thumb.JPG.e020db87c5751c7926946278563373fb.JPG

Jokes aside(well not really, if one is taking tons of dark places investing in a good camera is still a better option, as long as it has a bigger sensor), the real issue for me isn't your opinion or nit pics (which imo they are the camera is just better then the 2 you compared it too, esp considering IT'S IN A PHONE), because those can be easily ignored which I have a feeling they are. The real issue is from phone to Youtube the pictures have been compressed at least 2 times, and with Youtube now defaulting at 480 at least a 3rd time. 480 is fine for video watching even on my 1080 so long it's not animation, however when comparing stills 480 it sucks.

image.thumb.png.84d3e56d2616cd3dce6034f663fc0e9c.png

Simply put please stop saying a camera is bad because of color accuracy and what the makers of the phones camera app thinks what is best for you, if you don't like it there are many many apps on the stores (well at least Droid) that can take RAW the one I've used is called Manual Camera which sadly hasn't been updated for multi camera phones. Go based on the quality of the image as a deciding point whether or not the camera is worth the time or not and point to ways of making it better threw other camera apps. Because IF I had to choose between the iPhone or the OnePlus 8 I would go with the OnePlus based on night mode and pricing. I would feel utterly embarrassed to say the iPhone did a better job in night mode when it has the image quality of my old Audiovox 8910 after all the needless processing, the point in a phones camera is to get the best quality for the moment, yes the 8 is darker, however the detail surpasses both, color accuracy or not.

Not to mention the video part is 100% useless because of its sensor size w/o seeing the raw output from the camera, remember multiple passing of encoding... Of course the video is going to look blocky, you would too after being thrown threw 2-3+ compressors/repacks... I find it equally hilarious you didn't attempt to use the other 2 phones in the same situation to at least uphold your claims, but what claims? once again not raw output from the phone and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Remember you are the last defense of a impressionable person, so how many people who don't know the video playback was set to 480 by default now thinks the OP 8s camera is 100% trash because of your words? There are reasons why photographers and other reviewers for photo taking allow you to view the images and video via download, because you can't trust compression methods outside of the unit in question, not to mention every screen is different in color production. To be fare in everyday lighting iPhone dominates based on the video (but for the price it better) but if you are looking for a cheap phone (or at least cheaper than the 11 pro max) the OP8 is the one to get except when the pixel 4 is cheaper (currently at $500 US) on googles store, then that is the better phone camera wise to get. However I can't tell people to buy the Pixel 4 based on this video, why? You failed to use it in your night mode comparison and thought it was a better idea to bash a perfectly good picture for where it came from (A PHONE) with a older units "processed" image, not to mention your Pixel 4 review never did a night mode as well, just clouds, and next to scanning every phone review you have ever done since release I'm going to assume you never did one. Simply put, Pixel 4 when on sale else it's a toss up based on price between P4 and OP8 based on photo quality.

However like I said video/photo quality is a stupid thing to go based on when buying. A phone is a all in one, not a camera, want a camera, buy one. Next to the picture part the rest of the video was well informative, now to improve yourself on the camera section to be up to specs of the rest of the video ;)

14 hours ago, poochyena said:

Magenta 😂 Cameras hate them, printers hate them(why it has its own ink), even your eyes hate them. Then they would have to get a TE42 chart and a RICOH GR III (based on link)

Interesting video that I think Linus should even watch:

20 minute video into few words: Color from cameras is subjective not objective. Hence why it's important to not comment based on your own biased opinions and based purely on facts. Linus has a camera person working for him, let them do the camera review from now on.

1 hour ago, Egg-Roll said:

For those who are wondering you can pickup a 300D for about 50 bucks US, there is this one ad that has a full getup which is a awesome deal for those who want to get their feet wet into the SLR market w/o braking bank:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Canon-EOS-Digital-Rebel-300D-DSLR-Camera-w-18-55mm-Lens-and-Flash-w-Extras/193423424430

IMG_4289.JPG

IMG_3973.JPG

Not dark as the room in the video likely but lighting is no where near the camera, stables where fairly dark (royal winter fair, years ago). This was taken from my EOS 300D, since then I got a few Nikon lenses and 3 D1's last year, was trying to replace the stupid batteries with new cells, but gave up 😂 Might try again during this pandemic however on one of my weeks off.

This is what a Big Boys camera in a dark scenario looks like. Granted not the best I got from my RP however it's the only one willing to share.

IMG_0570.thumb.JPG.e020db87c5751c7926946278563373fb.JPG

Jokes aside(well not really, if one is taking tons of dark places investing in a good camera is still a better option, as long as it has a bigger sensor), the real issue for me isn't your opinion or nit pics (which imo they are the camera is just better then the 2 you compared it too, esp considering IT'S IN A PHONE), because those can be easily ignored which I have a feeling they are. The real issue is from phone to Youtube the pictures have been compressed at least 2 times, and with Youtube now defaulting at 480 at least a 3rd time. 480 is fine for video watching even on my 1080 so long it's not animation, however when comparing stills 480 it sucks.

image.thumb.png.84d3e56d2616cd3dce6034f663fc0e9c.png

Simply put please stop saying a camera is bad because of color accuracy and what the makers of the phones camera app thinks what is best for you, if you don't like it there are many many apps on the stores (well at least Droid) that can take RAW the one I've used is called Manual Camera which sadly hasn't been updated for multi camera phones. Go based on the quality of the image as a deciding point whether or not the camera is worth the time or not and point to ways of making it better threw other camera apps. Because IF I had to choose between the iPhone or the OnePlus 8 I would go with the OnePlus based on night mode and pricing. I would feel utterly embarrassed to say the iPhone did a better job in night mode when it has the image quality of my old Audiovox 8910 after all the needless processing, the point in a phones camera is to get the best quality for the moment, yes the 8 is darker, however the detail surpasses both, color accuracy or not.

Not to mention the video part is 100% useless because of its sensor size w/o seeing the raw output from the camera, remember multiple passing of encoding... Of course the video is going to look blocky, you would too after being thrown threw 2-3+ compressors/repacks... I find it equally hilarious you didn't attempt to use the other 2 phones in the same situation to at least uphold your claims, but what claims? once again not raw output from the phone and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Remember you are the last defense of a impressionable person, so how many people who don't know the video playback was set to 480 by default now thinks the OP 8s camera is 100% trash because of your words? There are reasons why photographers and other reviewers for photo taking allow you to view the images and video via download, because you can't trust compression methods outside of the unit in question, not to mention every screen is different in color production. To be fare in everyday lighting iPhone dominates based on the video (but for the price it better) but if you are looking for a cheap phone (or at least cheaper than the 11 pro max) the OP8 is the one to get except when the pixel 4 is cheaper (currently at $500 US) on googles store, then that is the better phone camera wise to get. However I can't tell people to buy the Pixel 4 based on this video, why? You failed to use it in your night mode comparison and thought it was a better idea to bash a perfectly good picture for where it came from (A PHONE) with a older units "processed" image, not to mention your Pixel 4 review never did a night mode as well, just clouds, and next to scanning every phone review you have ever done since release I'm going to assume you never did one. Simply put, Pixel 4 when on sale else it's a toss up based on price between P4 and OP8 based on photo quality.

However like I said video/photo quality is a stupid thing to go based on when buying. A phone is a all in one, not a camera, want a camera, buy one. Next to the picture part the rest of the video was well informative, now to improve yourself on the camera section to be up to specs of the rest of the video ;)

Magenta 😂 Cameras hate them, printers hate them(why it has its own ink), even your eyes hate them. Then they would have to get a TE42 chart and a RICOH GR III (based on link)

Interesting video that I think Linus should even watch:

20 minute video into few words: Color from cameras is subjective not objective. Hence why it's important to not comment based on your own biased opinions and based purely on facts. Linus has a camera person working for him, let them do the camera review from now on.

I use my phone camera like most people do. I use the stock app and send the results straight to a friend or to my social media app of choice.

For my purposes, which I've never hidden (I'm not a hardcore photography enthusiast) the OnePlus camera is good, but under certain circumstances not as good as my two year old Note 9, and I explain why in the video.

I never say it's terrible, and I also conclude that it's worth trying to make the switch for the other great things about the device.

The way I've always seen it, for the camera nerds out there who are using their phones differently from me, there are other reviewers who they can turn to for "which is the best 3rd party camera app for my phone" etc...

Maybe worth a re-evaluation though. I'll give it some more thought.

As for the video comparison, I saw them side by side without the extra compression. The OnePlus results were comparatively trash. You can take that to the bank.