Laptop as a streaming PC Help

Sorry in advance if this is in the wrong section.

I have my gaming desktop and a gaming laptop.

My desktop has a Ryzen 5 3600, 16GB 3000Mhz and 1060 6GB while my laptop as a Ryzen 5 (i forgot which variant), 16GB of RAM and a 1660. I was thinking of getting a capture card (maybe an avermedia or elgato one) and have my desktop as my gaming pc and my laptop as my dedicated streaming PC.

I have been doing a bit of research and i think i get the gist of how to set it all up. I am just unsure on if i will have any issues with my headset which is the steel series arctis 5. Its wireless and has a dongle which also has a 3.5mm jack on it.

Can anyone explain to me how i would be able to have the capture card pick up the audio from my headset. Would i just have to run a 3.5mm cable from the 3.5mm output on the dongle to the input on the capture card.

Also, would i have any issues with this setup.

Sorry if this is a silly question, i just want to make sure i know what i am doing before i decide to go with it.

Thanks in advance.

You setup audio from Windows audio settings. HDMI you are gonna use for video can carry audio too. As your headset is default audio device, you set HDMI to listen it. You can use virtual audio solution too, if you want to tweak how audio is transferred.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

You setup audio from Windows audio settings. HDMI you are gonna use for video can carry audio too. As your headset is default audio device, you set HDMI to listen it. You can use virtual audio solution too, if you want to tweak how audio is transferred.

Thank you,

Also, i play on a 144hz monitor and play all my games at 1080p 144. Wouldnt cloning my screen for the capture card then lock my display to 60hz. Theres a method that you use your obs preview but it really lowers the quality. Do you know if theres anyway i would not get locked to 60hz, my laptop display is 120hz so i shouldnt be locked to 60 right?

1 hour ago, LokiiNeedsHelp said:

Thank you,

Also, i play on a 144hz monitor and play all my games at 1080p 144. Wouldnt cloning my screen for the capture card then lock my display to 60hz. Theres a method that you use your obs preview but it really lowers the quality. Do you know if theres anyway i would not get locked to 60hz, my laptop display is 120hz so i shouldnt be locked to 60 right?

This is bit out of my experience. The bottleneck is capture card. If it can't support higher refresh rate for input or pass-through, then thats that. With OBS its possible to use network connection, NDI, to transfer image and audio signals. But you will need to research that part too to know more about its limits. I've only streamed on single PC setup.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv