Noise in speakers when graphic card is under load with an audio interface.

Hello, I have an audio setup consisting of Audient iD4 (it's an external usb audio interface) and a pair of jbl lsr305 connected to the interface with 2 xlr to 6.3mm jack balanced cables.

When I open up most of the games (especially with uncapped framerate and higher settings) I hear a humming, buzzing noise (sometimes it's really loud in menus), probably because of gpu load (my gpu doesn't have a backplate, it's an RX 580 msi armor). The speaker and the pc are both powered in the same power strip, and I only have 1 wall socket available (I'm in Italy so it's an EU socket).

The weird part is that I don't hear any noise with headphones connected to my audio interface.

Asking for a solution.

Thanks in advance!

Any chance you can use the interface without that usb connection? Might be EM field interference. Do you have another USB cable to try out? Are there other cables near that one? 

Seems you got the issue already, I tried with a usb3 hub and the noise is mitigated by like 90%. Thank you a lot.

EDIT: the noise is not gone 100% but converted to a much lower buzz, but I guess em shielding the whole system will require a new graphics card.

EDIT2: seems like the audio interface just stops working after a while connected to the usb hub, I also tried turning off automatic windows usb power management but this seems it doesn't do the trick, maybe the usb hub can't keep up for power demand?

Hi,

just try a Behringer HD 400 DI Box: https://www.behringer.com/Categories/Behringer/Signal-Processors/DI-Boxes/HD400/p/P0387#googtrans(en|en)

Had the same issue with my PC after adding a new graphics card.

Best

Andreas

CPU: i5 8400 | GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB NITRO+ | MB: ASRock Z370M Pro4 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB | PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 650 W | COOLER: Noctua NH-L12S | CASE: be quiet! Pure Base 500 | KB: Logitech G213 PRODIGY | MOUSE: Logitech G502 HERO | MONITOR: LG 27GL850‑B

Thanks for the suggestion but I think most of the noise come from EM interference with the usb interface so it's easier just to use another usb port, now my problem is the usb hub turning off after about 30-50 seconds, also when I disabled power management auto turn off permission.

Any suggestions?

On 4/15/2020 at 10:29 AM, alex180500 said:

Thanks for the suggestion but I think most of the noise come from EM interference with the usb interface so it's easier just to use another usb port, now my problem is the usb hub turning off after about 30-50 seconds, also when I disabled power management auto turn off permission.

Any suggestions?

Hey,

you are right with the EM interference. But through the DI Box it seperates the signals and the noise will go away.

This guy showed it pretty clear:

Best

Andreas

CPU: i5 8400 | GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB NITRO+ | MB: ASRock Z370M Pro4 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB | PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 650 W | COOLER: Noctua NH-L12S | CASE: be quiet! Pure Base 500 | KB: Logitech G213 PRODIGY | MOUSE: Logitech G502 HERO | MONITOR: LG 27GL850‑B

Seems a nice solution, I saved the video and I'll try it out (as soon as the shipments are back to normal here in eu) as the DI Box seems to cost only about 30€. Sadly it will come with the mess of 2 more cables.