Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For Ryzen 5 3600, can't decide MA610P vs NH-U12S or Stock

Hey there,

As title suggests I'm torn between these choices. Should I just use the stock cooler for a while to save money for further upgrades? Or should I use the Noctua/Cooler Master coolers right away.

I know the Noctua is great for the performance. But it really looks ugly (imo). I couldn't find many reviews for MA610P. If Cooler Master can perform close to Noctua in cooling AND noise levels I tend to go towards Cooler Master.

What are your thoughts?

5 minutes ago, Mesut said:

But it really looks ugly (imo).

How much would the chromax black run you? Are you buying in the United States?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

How much would the chromax black run you? Are you buying in the United States?

Oh no, I wish I could. I'm in Turkey so my choices are really limited sadly.

A Chromax black costs about 35 USD in here. Maybe I could get away with buying the noctua now and then maybe add the chromax to the front it later on and use the hideous one on the back in 2 fan config? Would the second fan will be worth it though?

Also NH-U12S is ~85USD and MA610P is ~82USD in my region.

1 minute ago, Mesut said:

A Chromax black costs about 35 USD in here.

A noctua NH-U12S chromax black edition only costs $35?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

A noctua NH-U12S chromax black edition only costs $35?

No no only the spare fan costs that :).There are no u12s chromax black edition available in my region.

Just now, Mesut said:

No no only the spare fan costs that :).There are no u12s chromax black edition available in my region.

That's a real shame. 

Here are some reviews to help decide

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cooler-master-masterair-ma610p-cpu-cooler,5423.html&ved=2ahUKEwietO-d8uLoAhWNZs0KHZCLCbkQx7wDMAd6BAgNEAM&usg=AOvVaw2HqSTgmFwSmKXk9A5jRSTQ&cshid=1586694845915

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/8555/cooler-master-masterair-ma610p-cpu-review/amp.html&ved=2ahUKEwietO-d8uLoAhWNZs0KHZCLCbkQxbwDMAh6BAgNEAc&usg=AOvVaw19uY8Y3RF6AeO8APPR8lAy&ampcf=1&cshid=1586694845915

the conclusion seems to be that it's nice and pretty but the performance is not that great. If cooling performance matters, I'd go with noctua.

Primary PC:

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Thanks, I'll look at the reviews. There is also MA410P available in my region and it looks like it performs better than MA610P. Can it be close to Noctua performance wise?

10 minutes ago, Mesut said:

Can it be close to Noctua performance wise?

Gonna be honest, it's always hard to come close to noctua. The U12S is a solid performer and you'd likely have to crank the fans to match the cooling performance, but you can basically do that with any cooler.

Primary PC:

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

42 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Gonna be honest, it's always hard to come close to noctua. The U12S is a solid performer and you'd likely have to crank the fans to match the cooling performance, but you can basically do that with any cooler.

Thanks for your advice. Looks like ugly is the choice for me. :)

Use the stock cooler first. You can decide on whether or not to replace the cooler later depending on the results. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.