Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Will this computer be good for gaming?

My friends brother helped me put this list togheter and i just wanna hear from someone who knows what they are talking about if this is good.

CPU: i5-9600k

CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

Memory: Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z390-P

Corsair Vengeance LPX Black

GPU: Asus RTX 2070 Super

Power Supply: Corsair RM650X V2

SSD: Kingston SSDNow A400

Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks like a pretty solid build. You might wanna consider getting more storage since games are getting huge these days. Also if you include some info on what kinda of resolution and FPS you are targeting we might be able to provide a more informed feedback. I assuming it's at least 16 of RAM and a 500 GB SSD.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CapeTown said:

My friends brother helped me put this list togheter and i just wanna hear from someone who knows what they are talking about if this is good.

CPU: i5-9600k

CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

Memory: Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z390-P

Corsair Vengeance LPX Black

GPU: Asus RTX 2070 Super

Power Supply: Corsair RM650X V2

SSD: Kingston SSDNow A400

How much ram are you getting and i recommend getting a hdd or some sort of hard drive for your games and switching the cpu to amd instead maybe wait for gen 4, since amd is cheaper and what games are u gonna play?

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kanna said:

How much ram are you getting and i recommend getting a hdd or some sort of hard drive for your games and switching the cpu to amd instead maybe wait for gen 4, since amd is cheaper and what games are u gonna play?

im getting 16bg ram and already have a 1TB hard drive so i didn't include it in the list.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CapeTown said:

im getting 16bg ram and already have a 1TB hard drive so i didn't include it in the list.

 

okay good to know what type of ram like hz? but please answer my other questions

 

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kanna said:

okay good to know what type of ram like hz?

 

i don't really know  what you mean with hz sorry, im not ery good at this stuff hehe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CapeTown said:

i don't really know  what you mean with hz sorry, im not ery good at this stuff hehe.

ram speed to be noob friendly

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites

The 9600K is a waste of money. The 3600 is cheaper and beats it, the 3700 is more, no doubt, but it'll kick the pants off a 9600K and you'll probably save a few bucks on motherboard, but make sure you get at LEAST 3200mhz ram if you go with AMD.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kanna said:

ram speed to be noob friendly

I hope im right now but i think 3200 mhz

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CapeTown said:

I hope im right now but i think 3200 mhz

Yeah, that will go great with an amd CPU but u can save little on the motherboard if u go amd just make sure the motherboard supports 3200 Hz ram. Maybe a 2070 super can be applied with the extra money

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites

The gpu is excellent.  The cpu is 6/6 which makes it weaker than a 3600x.  It will work.  

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The gpu is excellent.  The cpu is 6/6 which makes it weaker than a 3600x.  It will work.  

So in conclution the computer will work and run games nicely? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CapeTown said:

So in conclution the computer will work and run games nicely? 

Yes it would work be sure to post update when u have built one with changed parts

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CapeTown said:

So in conclution the computer will work and run games nicely? 

The ps4 is 6/6.  The ps5 is not.  It will run games well until at least the new games designed for the new consoles come out.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

until at least the new games designed for the new consoles come out.

My solution is to be poor and don’t buy new games.

 

Im still Skyrimming in 2020

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CapeTown said:

So in conclution the computer will work and run games nicely? 

No. You are better going with a Ryzen cpu. That 6c/6t will age fast. An R5 3600 and MSI B450-A PRO MAX or Tomahawk MAX is a better option. Then you have an upgrade path in the future. 

 

Arctic Freezer 34 esports duo is a better cooler if you can get one around the same price.

 

You could also go with a 5700XT to save some more money. Just make sure to get a good version like a Gigabyte Gaming OC, Sapphire Pulse/Nitro, Powercolor Red Dragon/Red Devil or MSI Gaming X etc.

Winter is Coming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, CapeTown said:

So in conclution the computer will work and run games nicely? 

Older games.  6/6 is very close to obsolete.  It will work until it doesn’t.  Doesn’t seems pretty close now though.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Newegg

×