POLL -XBOX SERIES X OR PS5

Ayush007

Hey guys , 

Hope u all r doing well !! Please stay safe , healthy and happy !!

Just sitting idle at home , so just wondering  about next gen console.

As you all know that next gen console are about to take place this 2020 holiday 

I'm sure you have decided which 1  to get . 

How many of you are going to buy 

1.Xbox Series X 

2.Ps5

Basically, future Xbox games will likely be available on Windows PC as part of the Microsoft ecosystem, so PC + PS5 is the way to go.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

What games have you enjoyed before?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

7 minutes ago, SkyHound0202 said:

Basically, future Xbox games will likely be available on Windows PC as part of the Microsoft ecosystem, so PC + PS5 is the way to go.

Thnx skyhound0202,

For taking interest in my section, actually I agree with your point !!

I'm with Skyhound on this one. No point getting an xbox if you have a gaming pc. 

And in the past, PS exclusives have been far superior. So: PS5.

6 minutes ago, williamcll said:

What games have you enjoyed before?

First of all thnx for taking interest williamcll, 

Well uncharted 4

God of war 

Spider man 

Horizon zero dawn 

1 minute ago, Count Lustig said:

I'm with Skyhound on this one. No point getting an xbox if you have a gaming pc. 

And in the past, PS exclusives have been far superior. So: PS5.

Thnx count Lustig, 

For sharing your opinion with us.

I agree 👍👍

Just now, Ayush007 said:

uncharted 4

God of war 

Spider man 

Horizon zero dawn 

Well, aren't they all PS exclusives?

Get a PS5 or find a PS4 Pro for cheap after PS5 release.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

8 minutes ago, SkyHound0202 said:

Well, aren't they all PS exclusives?

Get a PS5 or find a PS4 Pro for cheap after PS5 release.

Bdw any idea how much will it cost ??

Depending on price for the next consoles, I will most likely get the Xbox Series X first and then maybe pick up the PS5 after that one goes on sale.  Though, I will probably wait for the first sales on the consoles or holiday deals.

Reason for me to buying the Xbox first.

I have way more games on the Xbox system.  Still have plenty of my Xbox and Xbox 360 digital games that I play at times on the current Xbox One X I have.

Some of the games I play on the current one have cross-plate play and cross-save. Two features I really like.

And personally, I put way more hours on my current Xbox One X over the PS4 Pro I have.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

2 hours ago, Ithanul said:

Depending on price for the next consoles, I will most likely get the Xbox Series X first and then maybe pick up the PS5 after that one goes on sale.  Though, I will probably wait for the first sales on the consoles or holiday deals.

Reason for me to buying the Xbox first.

I have way more games on the Xbox system.  Still have plenty of my Xbox and Xbox 360 digital games that I play at times on the current Xbox One X I have.

Some of the games I play on the current one have cross-plate play and cross-save. Two features I really like.

And personally, I put way more hours on my current Xbox One X over the PS4 Pro I have.

Thnx  Ithanul, 

For taking interest in my section , I appreciate it 👍👍.well  according to me people who don't prefer to buy console at launch , due to price issue (specially Xbox  series  x ) they have to wait for the first sale.

I'm planning to buy both. I'll be playing the multiplats on the Series X and exclusives on the PS5 which is pretty much the same thing I did this generation.

2 hours ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

I'm planning to buy both. I'll be playing the multiplats on the Series X and exclusives on the PS5 which is pretty much the same thing I did this generation.

Thnx Kawaii Koneko,

For sharing your opinion with us.

I appreciate your opinion 👍👍👍👍

In case  if you don't have high end pc , you can buy xbox for 3rd party  gaming else buying  Xbox for exclusive , give me a break.

Probably Series X since I'm not expecting any interesting Playstation exclusives for a couple of years. Then I'll buy a PS5 Slim after the system gets a price cut.

I would get the Xbox Series X, because I just care about RAW POWAAAA!!!

I don't care about exclusives, I just want the best gaming experience (4K most FPS the console can get), though, I just entered the so called "PC MASTER RACE", and I am not really sure that I am going to get back to the console life, I am not making fun of anybody, it's your choice after all, but the online subscribtion that are around $60 and should be paid yearly, really disappoint me.

If I was going to get a next-gen console, I would get the Xbox Series X.

Sony ps5 all the way!

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

15 hours ago, GAME 55 said:

I would get the Xbox Series X, because I just care about RAW POWAAAA!!!

I don't care about exclusives, I just want the best gaming experience (4K most FPS the console can get), though, I just entered the so called "PC MASTER RACE", and I am not really sure that I am going to get back to the console life, I am not making fun of anybody, it's your choice after all, but the online subscribtion that are around $60 and should be paid yearly, really disappoint me.

If I was going to get a next-gen console, I would get the Xbox Series X.

Thnx GAME 55,

FOR sharing your opinion with us , 👍👍👍. In fact Xbox is best console for 3rd party gaming. Especially Xbox and Xbox one x.

16 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Probably Series X since I'm not expecting any interesting Playstation exclusives for a couple of years. Then I'll buy a PS5 Slim after the system gets a price cut.

Thnx steveGrabowski0,

For sharing your opinion 👍👍👍👍

On 4/11/2020 at 11:47 AM, SkyHound0202 said:

i mean but ps is on a roll to try to grab pc players by adding exclusives to PC i agree with the PS5 choice but i think that quite a few PS exclusives will come to pc

so imma going to be playing a waiting game to see what comes out and where

NOTE: I AM NEVER ALWAYS RIGHT, BUT I AM HAPPY TO HELP ANYWAY I CAN

Tag me @WambleCropped or quote me so I can see your reply

My Rig: RTX 2060, R7 1700X, Samsung 860 500GB, Masterlite Liquid Cooler, Asrock Pro B540,16GB of RAM G.Skill 2133

PSU Tier List                    SSD Tier List                              Graphics Tier List

I have an Xbox OneX and a PS4Pro.  Thus, I will be getting both the next gen consoles.  I will, however, be getting the Series X first.  Playstation controllers are rubbish, ergonomically, and are generally light and flimsy.  I much prefer the Xbox controller.  And since Microsoft isn't making huge changes to an already fine controller, I wont have to replace my Elite v2 controller, which is a big plus, considering how expensive an equivalent controller from Astro or Scuf is for the PS4, or will be when you have to swap for whatever premium controller comes out for the PS5 down the road.

4 hours ago, Warin said:

I have an Xbox OneX and a PS4Pro.  Thus, I will be getting both the next gen consoles.  I will, however, be getting the Series X first.  Playstation controllers are rubbish, ergonomically, and are generally light and flimsy.  I much prefer the Xbox controller.  And since Microsoft isn't making huge changes to an already fine controller, I wont have to replace my Elite v2 controller, which is a big plus, considering how expensive an equivalent controller from Astro or Scuf is for the PS4, or will be when you have to swap for whatever premium controller comes out for the PS5 down the road.

Thnx Warin,

For taking interest in my section. I appreciate your opinion 👍👍👍👍

People buy console only for two reason-

1.For exclusives 

2.To play 3rd party game (it genreally apply on those who can't afford pc high end pc) 

On 4/11/2020 at 4:45 PM, Ayush007 said:

Hey guys , 

Hope u all r doing well !! Please stay safe , healthy and happy !!

Just sitting idle at home , so just wondering  about next gen console.

As you all know that next gen console are about to take place this 2020 holiday 

I'm sure you have decided which 1  to get . 

How many of you are going to buy 

1.Xbox Series X 

2.Ps5

Depends, if you have a PC you’re not gonna buy a console at launch. If I was buying one of the consoles I’d take the Xbox. Better controller, beefier specs and the PS5 apparently has overheating issues. Plus Sony’s exclusives aren’t really that great. Spider-Man is a bad Arkham Games and God Of war is just a less fun DMC. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

On 4/17/2020 at 5:24 PM, WambleCropped said:

i mean but ps is on a roll to try to grab pc players by adding exclusives to PC i agree with the PS5 choice but i think that quite a few PS exclusives will come to pc

As of right now, there are only three PS4 exclusive titles with PC release, namely Detroit: Become Human (December 12, 2019), Horizon: Zero Dawn (Q2 2020) and Death Stranding (June 2, 2020). The previous Amazon FR listings for other games were reported to be erroneous.

(Note: Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls were initially released on last gen PS3, then ported to PS4, finally PC)

The likelihood of having more PS titles on PC is not impossible, but highly unlikely. Only selected titles will get such treatment, and those "core" PS titles like Uncharted series, God of War series & The Last of Us will probably be exclusive to PS for quite a while until their (eventual) PC release.

And even if they do, there's still gonna be a considerable delay between PS and PC release in order to facilitate the porting and maintain the platform exclusivity (three year for Horizon and six month for Death Stranding). The delay also reinforces the brand loyalty of their fans and keep them staying (Remember CoD: MW2 remaster?).

Ultimately, it's the exclusives that define a platform, and the ports that diversifies the audience. Sony won't just sitting around when studios undermine the fundamental of PS user base, it's a well-thought business decision to cater to the hype and (more) money.

2 hours ago, SkyHound0202 said:

As of right now, there are only two PS exclusive titles with a projected release on PC, namely Horizon: Zero Dawn (Q2 2020) and Death Stranding (June 2, 2020). The previous Amazon FR listings for other games were reported to be erroneous.

The likelihood of having more PS titles on PC is not impossible, but highly unlikely. Only selected titles will get such treatment, and those "core" PS titles like Uncharted series, God of War series & The Last of Us will probably be exclusive to PS for quite a while until their (eventual) PC release.

And even if they do, there's still gonna be a considerable delay between PS and PC release in order to facilitate the porting and maintain the platform exclusivity (three year for Horizon and six month for Death Stranding). The delay also reinforces the brand loyalty of their fans and keep them staying (Remember CoD: MW2 remaster?).

Ultimately, it's the exclusives that define a platform, and the ports that diversifies the audience. Sony won't just sitting around when studios undermine the fundamental of PS user base, it's a well-thought business decision to cater to the hype and (more) money.

Thnx Skyhound0202,

For sharing your opinion  with us , I appreciate your opinion 👍👍👍👍

Now i many be wrong n frequently I'm but  if we talk about exclusives I think , the famous title like God Of War , uncharted, last of us 2 , these all exclusives are not going to port on pc 

Only those title which are not that famous like horizon or death stranding or may be metal gear solid (which is actually quite  famous ) are going to port on pc.