How musch cost should I expect?

8 minutes ago, SyedHamed said:

that's a old gen AM3+ like thing
Won't cut the expectations

That block is perfectly compatible for your CPU socket, for pump combo options however unless you are tried for space it is much better off to get a proper pump unit like the DDC or D5. 

Just now, W-L said:

That block is perfectly compatible for your CPU socket, for pump combo options however unless you are tried for space it is much better off to get a proper pump unit like the DDC or D5. 

what kind of pump does aio use?

Just now, SyedHamed said:

what kind of pump does aio use?

They are proprietary designs by Asetek and have weaker pumps as they are not designed to be opened an expanded upon. Reason why pumps like the D5 are recommended is for silent operation while having the capability of dealing with a very large custom loop. 

If you are looking for something compact the one recommended from Alphacool would be best as that is a pump block/res combo unit. There are also ones like this would would be the closest looking to an AIO but you need a res somewhere else in the loop. 

https://www.alphacool.com/shop/new-products/23937/alphacool-eisbaer-lt-solo-black

9 minutes ago, W-L said:

They are proprietary designs by Asetek and have weaker pumps as they are not designed to be opened an expanded upon. Reason why pumps like the D5 are recommended is for silent operation while having the capability of dealing with a very large custom loop. 

If you are looking for something compact the one recommended from Alphacool would be best as that is a pump block/res combo unit. There are also ones like this would would be the closest looking to an AIO but you need a res somewhere else in the loop. 

https://www.alphacool.com/shop/new-products/23937/alphacool-eisbaer-lt-solo-black

If I use this pump externally , will I need a reservoir?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32974579850.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.49f174703selmb&algo_pvid=f9bbb16c-2446-4d2e-9fa5-9a3da48d0570&algo_expid=f9bbb16c-2446-4d2e-9fa5-9a3da48d0570-24&btsid=0ab50f6115870071280586967e9524&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Just now, SyedHamed said:

Yes in a custom loop you really do need a res for you to easily fill and also bleed the air out of a loop, as for that specific D5 I do not recommend that as it's not a genuine D5. Real D5 units use a stainless steel surround with a ceramic and graphite bearing surface, that one was a copy of it but of unknown quality or origin. 

For example a unit like this would be good, it is however a vario series with manual speed control and not PWM control:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000093308290.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.247c2069LD5AdT&algo_pvid=055e76b7-10aa-42db-b261-314af07f3de7&algo_expid=055e76b7-10aa-42db-b261-314af07f3de7-6&btsid=0ab6d69515870074435673815e3ef7&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

5 hours ago, SyedHamed said:

that's a old gen AM3+ like thing
Won't cut the expectations

Well according to manual it’s even for am4 and most intel cpu’s 

F8C27814-5E7E-45FC-B52D-993055E9DE33.jpeg

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

On 4/11/2020 at 5:23 AM, SyedHamed said:

I am looking forward to build a ryzen 3900x system. I am opting to get a liquid cooling setup for the pc. I wanna use it for the cpu+vrm and the gpu(gigabyte windforce 2070 super).
How should I configure the rads and other stuff?
Is there any other reliable product except EK?
Total Spec:

CPU- Ryzen 3900x
Motherboard- Asus ROG Strix X570-E
GPU- Gigabyte windforce 2070 super
Case- NZXT 710i

You need to be more specific with the GPU. There are several Windforce 2070 Super available. Not sure wether this makes a difference and there's one with a full cover block though. After all, it's a 2070 Super and watercooling isn't necessary. 

A radiator costs about 60-100 bucks, the pump with reservoir probably another 100+, a CPU block around 90+, a monoblock for the board more like 150+, a gpu full cover with backplate probably 150-200 bucks. Add another 5-10 bucks for fittings per component, good fans cost between 10-20 bucks each. Then you have to add tubing (in case of hardline also tools to cut and bend them), coolant and cleaning fluid for prepping all blocks and rads.

You can go with cheaper stuff like Bykski or Barrow (they're ok with decent value for money) but you won't save much. 

A small CPU only loop costs about 350+ €/US-$. Then end is open. 

Going custom loop in a 24/7 build is not clever. If reliability is important you go for a good air cooler. Why do you think do servers usually run on air cooling? 

Every custom loop needs maintenance. You'll have to fully drain and disassemble it about once every 6-12 months. 

Don't go for water cooling if that system needs to run 24/7 and unattended.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

11 hours ago, bowrilla said:

You need to be more specific with the GPU. There are several Windforce 2070 Super available. Not sure wether this makes a difference and there's one with a full cover block though. After all, it's a 2070 Super and watercooling isn't necessary. 

A radiator costs about 60-100 bucks, the pump with reservoir probably another 100+, a CPU block around 90+, a monoblock for the board more like 150+, a gpu full cover with backplate probably 150-200 bucks. Add another 5-10 bucks for fittings per component, good fans cost between 10-20 bucks each. Then you have to add tubing (in case of hardline also tools to cut and bend them), coolant and cleaning fluid for prepping all blocks and rads.

You can go with cheaper stuff like Bykski or Barrow (they're ok with decent value for money) but you won't save much. 

A small CPU only loop costs about 350+ €/US-$. Then end is open. 

Going custom loop in a 24/7 build is not clever. If reliability is important you go for a good air cooler. Why do you think do servers usually run on air cooling? 

Every custom loop needs maintenance. You'll have to fully drain and disassemble it about once every 6-12 months. 

Don't go for water cooling if that system needs to run 24/7 and unattended.

For maintainance, it won't be much of an issue as I'll be using it as a home server for laptops for content development and gaming.
I want to go liquid cooling because at temps close to 80-85C, the lifespan will hurt of the cpu cause i'll be overclocking it.
I could've gone aio but I really hate the total waste motto of AIO if it malfanctions. 
I am thinking about cooling the cpu only as the gpu won't go as hot as the cpu.
Do hit me up with your thoughts.

Overclocking and watercooling are things you don't do with servers that need to run 24/7. You're doing more harm to the CPU by overclocking it and ramping up voltages than you'd do by running it a bit hotter. If your system runs at 80-85°C under load your cooler sucks and is not a good choice. There are exceptionally good air coolers out there that will keep even top line CPUs within their limits given a well ventilated case and enough RPM on the fans. They are A LOT more reliable since they have less points of failure: the fans only. With watercooling you still have the fans as points of failure but you add the pump. You don't see a pump dieing. At best you can hear it or see it in your monitoring panel but you can't see it not running. You also add the seals as points of failure. If that fails and your computer is running chances are high you're killing components. 

Go with a Noctua NH-D15 or NH-U14S or at least NH-U12A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4 or Dark Rock 4 or similar beefy coolers. They are absolutely enough, definitely more reliable for 24/7 usage und overall a better choice for a server.

Don't be like Linus, don't watercool everything you can just because.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!