Should I Get A 144 HZ Monitor?

SteezyX

Hey currently I own a 60 hz monitor and I was wondering if I should get a 144 hz?

My Current PC Specs are:

- Intel Core i5 8500
- ASUS TUF B360 Pro Gaming Motherboard
- Team T-Force Dark 3000MHz 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 Red Black
- ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming OC Edition 4GB
- Kingston SSDNow A400 120GB SSD
- Seagate Barracuda 1TB ST1000DM010
- be quiet! Pure Power 10 600W Power Supply

I currently only play a few games like CSGO, Fortnite and Modern Warfare and on most of these games I get more than 144 frames except for Modern Warfare. I am currently unsure because there is not a game that is entirely good to persuade me to buy it as csgo and fortnite is kinda old but mw is not that fun as it gets repetitive.  Anyone have any suggestions? Should I buy it? Should I wait for a new game to come out that is really good? Or should I just not buy one at all? 

31 minutes ago, SteezyX said:

Hey currently I own a 60 hz monitor and I was wondering if I should get a 144 hz?

My Current PC Specs are:

- Intel Core i5 8500
- ASUS TUF B360 Pro Gaming Motherboard
- Team T-Force Dark 3000MHz 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 Red Black
- ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming OC Edition 4GB
- Kingston SSDNow A400 120GB SSD
- Seagate Barracuda 1TB ST1000DM010
- be quiet! Pure Power 10 600W Power Supply

I currently only play a few games like CSGO, Fortnite and Modern Warfare and on most of these games I get more than 144 frames except for Modern Warfare. I am currently unsure because there is not a game that is entirely good to persuade me to buy it as csgo and fortnite is kinda old but mw is not that fun as it gets repetitive.  Anyone have any suggestions? Should I buy it? Should I wait for a new game to come out that is really good? Or should I just not buy one at all? 

I say go for it, you will have a better experience regardless if the game is old or repetitive.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

To be honest when i upgraded from a 1080p 60hz monitor to a 1440p 144hz monitor it was really noticeable, BUT if you are thinking about buying a 144hz monitor i wouldnt just base it on games you could play with 144hz. Everything will feel just a bit more reponsive and snappier be it dragging windows on your desktop. One thing to consider is what you would like to do in the future, for example when will you upgrade your pc next? Also i find that i got a tad better in csgo with a higher refreshrate but that could very well be coincidence as i am not that good anyway.

To sum it up if you dont plan on upgrading your pc in the next year i would consider getting a new (im guessing you currently have a 1080p display) 144hz display if not i would wait till you have more powerful specs and consider getting a 1440p 144hz version.

1 hour ago, Andiq said:

To be honest when i upgraded from a 1080p 60hz monitor to a 1440p 144hz monitor it was really noticeable, BUT if you are thinking about buying a 144hz monitor i wouldnt just base it on games you could play with 144hz. Everything will feel just a bit more reponsive and snappier be it dragging windows on your desktop. One thing to consider is what you would like to do in the future, for example when will you upgrade your pc next? Also i find that i got a tad better in csgo with a higher refreshrate but that could very well be coincidence as i am not that good anyway.

To sum it up if you dont plan on upgrading your pc in the next year i would consider getting a new (im guessing you currently have a 1080p display) 144hz display if not i would wait till you have more powerful specs and consider getting a 1440p 144hz version.

Alright thanks

For sure, big improvement and they're very cheap now. No reason not to for a new monitor.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Corsair K63 Cherry MX red | Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |