gsync in 2020

shooter27

Hi, hope you're all doing well

So I'm planning on buying this monitor https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Monitors/TUF-Gaming-VG27AQ/overview/

It is gsync compatible and has elmb sync. Basically I just want to confirm my understanding of the gsync situation in 2020.

So this monitor support 48-165 hz when using displayport. This means that, since its gsync compatible, its going to be the exact same as true gsync for this range, the benefit oftrue gsync would be for dips below 48hz, right?

I have an 8700 and a 1080ti so I'm not too concerned about going below 48hz...

thanks!

The benefit of true G-SYNC was that it was the only way of getting VRR on Nvidia before they opened it up. Nowadays unless you're going for G-SYNC ultimate or need HDR or something it doesn't really matter if you get a G-Sync compatible or a G-SYNC proper monitor. I have both and I haven't observed any noticeable difference in the quality of the VRR

Main rig:

• Ryzen 3600X • X370 Killer SLI • 16GB Corsair LPX 3200Mhz • Strix 1070ti • Define R5 • SuperNova 750 G2 • Evo 1TB + X300 4TB •

Secondary rig:

• Acer prebuilt • Rzyen 1700X (upgraded) • OEM 1060 3GB • 256GB SSD + 1TB Seagate (upgraded) •