Does the Ryzen 5 3400G have a no-iGPU variant?

The title says it all. I would want that version of that CPU without the iGPU so because it would be redundant if you already have or going to have a GPU.

11 minutes ago, 5NibbaHertz said:

The title says it all. I would want that version of that CPU without the iGPU so because it would be redundant if you already have or going to have a GPU.

I think the 2500X would be the closest...as far as I'm aware, they don't have a 3500X yet. Honestly, you're better off getting a 1600AF (6c/12t) or a 2600 anyways, especially if you have a dedicated GPU...

4 minutes ago, 5NibbaHertz said:

If that is what you want just pick up a 2600 or 1600 AF (a 2600 with a 1600 memory controller it is ~95% as fast as a 2600 for 70% the price)

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

9 minutes ago, 5NibbaHertz said:

Doesnt exist as far as I am aware.

You can get a Ryzen 5 3600 for about the same amount of money, with 6 cores instead of 4.

Why would you want to get the 3400G if you don't need the iGPU? I don't get it.

Also: an iGPU can be very handy for troubleshooting actually, to see if your GPU is faulty or not. Or to get you up and running if your GPU is being repaired or something. Even if you are not using it day to day...

Just now, maartendc said:

You can get a Ryzen 5 3600 for about the same amount of money, with 6 cores instead of 4.

I think he wants a 4c/8t CPU, but really the 1600AF is probably cheaper than a 2500X (and a better CPU)

1 minute ago, steelo said:

I think he wants a 4c/8t CPU, but really the 1600AF is probably cheaper than a 2500X (and a better CPU)

2015 called.

They want their 4-core CPU back.

1 minute ago, maartendc said:

2015 called.

LOL...A 1600AF is a much better value anyways. I don't know why anyone with a dedicated GPU would buy a 3400g unless they can find it used dirt cheap...

8 minutes ago, steelo said:

I think the 2500X would be the closest...as far as I'm aware, they don't have a 3500X yet. Honestly, you're better off getting a 1600AF (6c/12t) or a 2600 anyways, especially if you have a dedicated GPU...

The 3500x is only available for SIs so you will find them in prebuilts or on Alibaba or something just not in the open market.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Just now, Wh0_Am_1 said:

The 3500x is only available for SIs so you will find them in prebuilts or on Alibaba or something just not in the open market.

Ah, I didn't know they existed...I think I've read about 3500 (u's?) in laptops...

12 minutes ago, maartendc said:

Also: an iGPU can be very handy for troubleshooting actually, to see if your GPU is faulty or not. Or to get you up and running if your GPU is being repaired or something. Even if you are not using it day to day...

price? lmao i don’t even know. i just assume that Ryzen APUs are just existing Ryzen CPU only added with Vega iGPU. but if that the case ill just buy the 3600 or the 1600 AF then.

1 minute ago, steelo said:

Ah, I didn't know they existed...I think I've read about 3500 (u's?) in laptops...

Yeah the 3500u is a low end last gen offering they can be found in laptops such as the FX505DD and low end value notebooks.

6 minutes ago, steelo said:

LOL...A 1600AF is a much better value anyways. I don't know why anyone with a dedicated GPU would buy a 3400g unless they can find it used dirt cheap...

Agreed.

Hell, for 100 USD you get an amazing 6-core CPU. NOBODY should be buying quadcores anymore.

Even if I was putting a new PC together for my parents to do basic office tasks, I would go with a 6-core. Just to future proof it.

1 minute ago, 5NibbaHertz said:

price? lmao i don’t even know. i just though that Ryzen APU are just existing Ryzen CPU only added with Vega iGPU. but if that the case ill just buy the 3600 or the 1600 AF then.

Nope the 3200g and the 3400g have fewer and/or slower cores as a trade off for including an APU.

4 minutes ago, 5NibbaHertz said:

price? lmao i don’t even know. i just assume that Ryzen APUs are just existing Ryzen CPU only added with Vega iGPU. but if that the case ill just buy the 3600 or the 1600 AF then.

If you have the money, I would still get the 3600. The Ryzen 3000 series perform way better, worth the extra money if you can use the performance.

What are you going to use it for? Gaming? 3600 could be worth the better performance.

If you are on a tight budget, 1600 AF is still a good choice.

5 minutes ago, 5NibbaHertz said:

Trust me, you'll be much happier...the 1600AF is sold (not sure if this is just in the US) on Amazon for $85 and is basically a 2600. A 3600 is another 6c/12t CPU that is a bit more powerful but also quite a bit more expensive...

5 minutes ago, maartendc said:

Agreed.

Hell, for 100 USD you get an amazing 6-core CPU. NOBODY should be buying quadcores anymore.

Even if I was putting a new PC together for my parents to do basic office tasks, I would go with a 6-core. Just to future proof it.

Well... I would say that no one should be buying NEW quad cores. When it comes to used, minus a dedicated GPU and sometimes a storage drive, you can throw together a system with a 3470 for under a $100 USD.

1 minute ago, maartendc said:

If you have the money, I would still get the 3600. The Ryzen 3000 series perform way better, worth the extra money if you can use the performance.

What are you going to use it for? Gaming? 3600 would offer better performance.

If you are on a tight budget, 1600 AF is still a good choice.

light games (no triple AAA games) only. 

9 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Well... I would say that no one should be buying NEW quad cores. When it comes to used, minus a dedicated GPU and sometimes a storage drive, you can throw together a system with a 3470 for under a $100 USD.

No one should buy any quad cores *with hyperthreading.* 

There, now it's fixed. 

Seriously though $20 gets you a Xeon x5650 on lga 1366. $40-50 gets a Xeon e5 1650 v1 on lga 2011. Both 6 cores. Motherboards are a pain to get but the Chinese make junk boards for $50 in a pinch. 

You've got 6 cores for dirt cheap either way. Step up just a tad and you can get the 1600AF for just $85. 

The 3470 and 2400 are the only CPUs less than 6 cores really "worth" it these days. 

2 hours ago, 5NibbaHertz said:

Extra GPU would come handy if you brake the main GPU.

Intel owners have this for a long time.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

2 hours ago, maartendc said:

2015 called.

I blocked 2015 on my phone like 8 years ago.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case