what skills are you trying to obtain during quarantine

PurplDrank

is anyone trying to pick up any new skills or hobbies during quarantine? Im bored and looking for something new to do so please share. 

I feel like i'm able to draw more, despite still having to work (just from home). I'm so very out of practice (ಥ﹏ಥ)

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Learning to edit photos better using Gimp and Darktable, learning to do basic modeling in Blender, designing furniture in Sketchup, taking PADI online classes for scuba diving, learning Roll20 for running D&D campaigns online, and training on a hangboard for rock climbing for the first time.

Photoshopping/digital art. Literally just started today. I have better hand-eye coordination than I remember from drawing traditionally in the past.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

I’m trying to master being calm and don’t blow up, my kids are great at testing if I’m progressing....

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

13 hours ago, LankyBastard said:

Learning to edit photos better using Gimp and Darktable, learning to do basic modeling in Blender, designing furniture in Sketchup, taking PADI online classes for scuba diving, learning Roll20 for running D&D campaigns online, and training on a hangboard for rock climbing for the first time.

designing furnitire...interesting. what do you do with those designs when done? 

also those scuba e learning classes look like something id be willing to learn

3 hours ago, PurplDrank said:

designing furnitire...interesting. what do you do with those designs when done?

Well build them of course.  I'm working on plans for a farmhouse table, shoe rack, coffee table, end tables, drawer organizers, dresser, and Murphy bed.

I finally beat a level on Snood at evil difficulty. Other than that, my TF2 game is a lot better than it was.

In all seriousness though I might set up and do some macro photography, and/or get my cello out.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

The ability to not make schnitzel. 

The Bavarians will understand. 

Edit:

im going to learn Middle English. 

Learnin g how to use Linux Mint Cinnamon and some Linux programs. I'm still at what I consider to be the beginner stage (and will be for quite some time to come).

To be fair, I'm retired so the pandemic hasn' really given me much more time for this and, pandemic or no pandemic, I still would be doing this.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Still have to go to work, but on a new schedule that to minimize folks being at the work place which is giving me more time at home.

Mostly tuning and learning the 3D printer I got around to putting together last week.  Along with warming back into drawing.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

currently I'm trying to learn korean as much as possible. (or my dad would be dissapointed lol)

other than that I've been learning new tech stack to strengthen my CS resume. Oh and I've been binging The Office for awhile now (It's really good).

Add me on Steam 😁 Elaine

Codeforces: Jeongyeon

PC Specs

• AMD Ryzen 3 2200g
  • Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 4 GB
  • ASUS EX-A320M-GAMING
  • 2 x 4 GB V-Gen RAM 2666 Mhz
  • Seasonic 450W 80+ Bronze PSU
  • Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB

Laptop Specs (MSI PS42 8M)

• Intel Core i5-8250U
  • Intel HD Graphics
  • 1 x 8 GB RAM
  • 256 GB SSD

I'm building up upper body strength with a conveniently shaped and high enough beech branch I'm using as a pull up bar in my garden. I was using some better facilities nearby but those are not accessible... Anyway after a few months I can do things I would have dreamed possible in the past lol
It isn't strictly something I picked up during quarantine but I have more time to train now for sure.

Building Coding skills through projects. I’d like to keep learning balisong but my knives broke

On 4/9/2020 at 12:19 PM, LankyBastard said:

Well build them of course.  I'm working on plans for a farmhouse table, shoe rack, coffee table, end tables, drawer organizers, dresser, and Murphy bed.

You should find antique furniture and renew them. I heard theres money in that, but of course you can't go antique hunting during lockdown. 

Spontaneously decided to build a terrarium. Just picked up supplies yesterday. Waiting for the enclosure to arrive. 

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

1 hour ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Not gonna lie, I could go for some of that right about now.

I can have schnitzel 24/7. Best food.

5 hours ago, CircleTech said:

Including but not limited to:

PCB and power supply design

3D printing

CAD modeling

I'm trying to figure out how to design products for very niche industries like the DIY powerwall community, the RC hobby industry, and the SFF computers community. I can't take my designs and start selling them yet though, until I get the money together.

any beginner CAD programs?

1 hour ago, CircleTech said:

Fusion 360

oh wow....thats expensive. No worries.