Unable to remove OEM GPU from PCI Slot

Go to solution Solved by shark103,
2 hours ago, Indirect3D said:

Hello! thank you for your reply.
1. After pulling up the silver latch with the blue sticker I can slightly wiggle it but not much.
2. Oh I also tried pulling it towards the CPU but it's still stuck (I noticed that the blue tab isn't even preventing the GPU from being removed, something else is stopping it from being removed)
3. Sorry I could not understand this step but from what I've gathered I think you said: Look at another angle to check the back side of the computer and see if there are other expansion slots? (sorry)
4. I hope this isn't the case... 

Point 3
I meant this

image.png.c9a14d29844793f1a3eb01bfd4ffdc9a.png

Maybe slot for that is tight and this part got stuck there or it has some kind of extra latch.

Edit:
Found official  Dell page  with instruction for removal. There is only latch and blue lever 🤨
https://www.dell.com/support/article/pl-pl/sln298073/optiplex-9010-desk-top-teardown-removal-guide-for-customer-replaceable-units-crus?lang=en

If you are sure that that blue lever is not holding it try rocking it front to  back gently in the port and sideways  (but very gently in this direction) - just to be 100% clear this time front is bracket , back is end of card above blue lever.

If nothing still works then the best option would be to take out the whole motherboard - it will be possible if card is stuck in the port, won't be if this is a case with bracket stuck. It will allow you to better see what is wrong with pci port and you have a wider field of operation .

Hello, I'm having trouble removing an OEM GPU from my PCI slot. Here is a photo of it:
A note: I know the sliver latch with the blue sticker goes up, I left it closed since I only opened my computer to take a photo. I've tried moving the blue lever to the side while pulling on the GPU but it still won't come out. It feels like the GPU is just stuck in that slot.
My computer is a Dell Optiplex 9010 DT (I've went through Dell's official docs but that didn't help me either)
92233909_217527772901240_8257786633353428992_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=iCUQpXfUQywAX90Yyty&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd3-1.fna&oh=c79682c26e8b94b483d542a45c00b497&oe=5EB51684

Here is a photo of it from the side:
image.thumb.png.60c69a188dbf44a86937f7658173b8a9.png

27 minutes ago, C2dan88 said:

I would say the blue tab needs to bend forwards, towards the PSU

Hello, Thank you for your reply. I wouldn't say the blue tab is the issue anymore. I've looked at the GPU from the side while bending the blue tab forward and it seems the blue tab isn't even stopping the GPU from being pulled out. (There must be something else holding it in place but I'm not sure what)

1 hour ago, C2dan88 said:

I would say the blue tab needs to bend forwards, towards the PSU

There are 4 points that could get stuck.

1. Silver latch with blue sticker is the gpu bracket moving / can you giggle it ?

2. Blue tab - not as C2dan88 said the opposite way. Look at the bottom one, the notch is on PSU side. This needs to be pushed towards CPU, if you push it towards PSU you kinda make sure that you won't be able to take it out.

3. Other side of gpu bracket could get stuck a bit - rotate whole pc to see the back of mobo tray and there should be a series of small slots that card brackets go into 

4. pci slot pins are seized with card due to gunk/rust/oxidation -very unlikely seen a case like that only once in my life, 

Ryzen 5 3600 || Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2060 Super || B450A-PRO || G.SKILL Ripjaws 3200MHz CL15 2x8GB

2 hours ago, shark103 said:

There are 4 points that could get stuck.

1. Silver latch with blue sticker is the gpu bracket moving / can you giggle it ?

2. Blue tab - not as C2dan88 said the opposite way. Look at the bottom one, the notch is on PSU side. This needs to be pushed towards CPU, if you push it towards PSU you kinda make sure that you won't be able to take it out.

3. Other side of gpu bracket could get stuck a bit - rotate whole pc to see the back of mobo tray and there should be a series of small slots that card brackets go into 

4. pci slot pins are seized with card due to gunk/rust/oxidation -very unlikely seen a case like that only once in my life, 

1. After pulling up the silver latch with the blue sticker I can slightly wiggle it but not much.
2. Oh I also tried pulling it towards the CPU but it's still stuck (I noticed that the blue tab isn't even preventing the GPU from being removed, something else is stopping it from being removed)
3. Sorry I could not understand this step but from what I've gathered I think you said: Look at another angle to check the back side of the computer and see if there are other expansion slots? (sorry)

2 hours ago, Indirect3D said:

Point 3
I meant this

Maybe slot for that is tight and this part got stuck there or it has some kind of extra latch.

Edit:
Found official  Dell page  with instruction for removal. There is only latch and blue lever 🤨
https://www.dell.com/support/article/pl-pl/sln298073/optiplex-9010-desk-top-teardown-removal-guide-for-customer-replaceable-units-crus?lang=en

If you are sure that that blue lever is not holding it try rocking it front to  back gently in the port and sideways  (but very gently in this direction) - just to be 100% clear this time front is bracket , back is end of card above blue lever.

If nothing still works then the best option would be to take out the whole motherboard - it will be possible if card is stuck in the port, won't be if this is a case with bracket stuck. It will allow you to better see what is wrong with pci port and you have a wider field of operation .

Ryzen 5 3600 || Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2060 Super || B450A-PRO || G.SKILL Ripjaws 3200MHz CL15 2x8GB

7 hours ago, shark103 said:

Point 3
I meant this

Edit:

Hello, thank you so much. It seems like the back side of the GPU was stuck, all I needed to do was push it up a bit and the rest came out. Thank you so much
92319116_2534045726857423_4138622472016625664_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=U25gpiMvSq4AX_B8GBN&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd3-1.fna&_nc_tp=7&oh=e79184cbf958c9de2b4c1b27f76e8cb7&oe=5EB297BC

Glad it came out finally ;)