Thinking to buy GTA 4 again

Ayush007

Hello guys,

Hope you all are doing well !!

(YOUR OPINION is highly valuable 4 me)

I know many of you have good choice regarding pc stuffs and gaming so I thought to share my lil confusion with all of you , 

after 2 -3 months GTA 4 is finally back on steam but I'm lil confused should I buy it again or not , in case if I buy it should I use any mod or not ?

GTA IV came back on steam after some fixes like games for windows life removal, and shutdown of online gameplay, some radios and tracks removed due to license. the only great thing about coming back is that now it's all in pack, GTA IV + Episodes from Liberty City instead of buying them seperated. 

However even with all this stuff, there still is the same problem for GPU's with more than 2Gb VRAM it bugs and dosent let increase graphics, I used to be able to fix with a command line but now not even that works for me, I'm waiting to see if there's any update on steam that might fixed that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rise red as the dawn" - Scarlet Guard motto (Red Queen Series)

5 hours ago, wolfxtr3m said:

GTA IV came back on steam after some fixes like games for windows life removal, and shutdown of online gameplay, some radios and tracks removed due to license. the only great thing about coming back is that now it's all in pack, GTA IV + Episodes from Liberty City instead of buying them seperated. 

However even with all this stuff, there still is the same problem for GPU's with more than 2Gb VRAM it bugs and dosent let increase graphics, I used to be able to fix with a command line but now not even that works for me, I'm waiting to see if there's any update on steam that might fixed that.

So in another I should not buy it ??

Secondly regarding gpu more then 2 gb it don't allow us to max the settings at mod or without mod also??

17 hours ago, Ayush007 said:

So in another I should not buy it ??

Secondly regarding gpu more then 2 gb it don't allow us to max the settings at mod or without mod also??

I never actually tried to mod the steam version, but mods probably works, I still haven't search to see if there's a fix that might work on steam version

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a Rockstar launcher option to buy, however I can't really think anyewhere else where you could buy a digital copy of gta IV.

I really would like this bug of +2gb ram fixed since I would enjoy it with better graphic option

I'd pass, it didn't work before and still doesn't now. Having to hack a game to play it is unacceptable. Rockstar/Steam don't care as they have your money.

Get GTA5 if you want a Crapstar game.

·Ï¢årµ§·

i7 4790k · 32GB Kingston HyperX · MSI Gaming 5 · ... · 30" HP ZR30W + 27" Samsung 275T · 2x240GB Intel 530 in Raid 0 + 2x1TB Crucial MX500 · Lain-Li X2000F · Antec Signature SG-850 · BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3 Pro · Logitech Z5500 · Win10pro 64bit