No wireless adaptor showing up in device manager

Tom_Wood

After converting a Linux laptop to windows to be able to sell it for more, I tried to connect to the internet. I saw there was no Wi-Fi option. After some digging I saw there where no wireless adaptors in device manager. After trying to install some drivers to see if I could get it to show up, one of the driver installers said there was no wireless adaptor the drivers could be updated for. Does anyone know a fix for this at all. The laptop is Honor MagicBook 14, the wireless adaptor is Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265. When in Linux everything worked perfectly, just wouldn't sell for as much as if it had windows.

8 hours ago, Tom_Wood said:

After converting a Linux laptop to windows to be able to sell it for more, I tried to connect to the internet. I saw there was no Wi-Fi option. After some digging I saw there where no wireless adaptors in device manager. After trying to install some drivers to see if I could get it to show up, one of the driver installers said there was no wireless adaptor the drivers could be updated for. Does anyone know a fix for this at all. The laptop is Honor MagicBook 14, the wireless adaptor is Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265. When in Linux everything worked perfectly, just wouldn't sell for as much as if it had windows.

Looking at pictures of this laptop, it seems to have a unibody chassis like the MacBooks. Are you able to open it up to find the WiFi card, eject and replace it with the antennae? Something could be loose.

Try running a live Linux distro to see if the WiFi works. If it does, then that's a Windows problem.

If this is a fresh Windows install I'd try re-installing with the latest .ISO file from Microsoft. Seeing as how it's working on Linux it isn't a hardware issue.

Thanks for the replies, I am leaning towards it being a Windows software issue as everything was working perfectly 20 mins before on Linux. I will give the Distro a go, and failing that I will try to re-install a different .ISO file. 

Will come back with results.

3 hours ago, Tom_Wood said:

Thanks for the replies, I am leaning towards it being a Windows software issue as everything was working perfectly 20 mins before on Linux. I will give the Distro a go, and failing that I will try to re-install a different .ISO file. 

Will come back with results.

The live Ubuntu distro is working perfectly, internet is working nicely. So it is just a windows problem after all. I will probably try a fresh install and go from there.