About to start a job with an ISP. Looking to see if anyone has any tips

TubsAlwaysWins

So on the 16th Im starting a new job with a local ISP. Looking to see if anyone has any tips on working for one or anything like that. 

I'm familiar with most of the equipment used it's just going to be much different than I'm doing now. 

Thanks

Breaking things 1 day at a time

Ive never worked for one but my best friend has worked for a couple.

If your going to be an installer just be prepared to deal with a lot of stupid people. 

Also keep your nose very very clean. Any sort of criminal charge (even traffic tickets) can get you fired easily. 

11 hours ago, RonnieOP said:

Ive never worked for one but my best friend has worked for a couple.

If your going to be an installer just be prepared to deal with a lot of stupid people. 

Also keep your nose very very clean. Any sort of criminal charge (even traffic tickets) can get you fired easily. 

Thanks I appreciate it

Breaking things 1 day at a time

Check your personal beliefs about net neutrality and stuff at the door

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Depends on what your doing. If infrastructure side, keep it professional and work as a team. You'll need every bit of help from others as you can provide to them.

If working on the customer facing side of things, remember, you're selling a service. Customer satisfaction must be maintained. You are to serve them. 99% of the time, the customer doesn't know, understand, or care how it all works behind the scenes. They just want their service to "work". As an employee, it's part of the job to deliver results to satisfaction. You're not just trying to earn new customers, but also maintain them as a client to grow the business.

12 hours ago, RonnieOP said:

deal with a lot of stupid people

And stupid people that think they know more than you

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒