Would RX 580 8G be too risky for my rig with 500W CM PSU ?

I want to upgrade my PC with the RX 580 but im alittle bit too concered if its too risky and my MB can get fried because of its higher usage. I dont mind if i would have to change it later on but if its too risky id settle with my current GPU for the coming years.

The model of my PSU is Cooler Master RS-500-PCAR-13

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1PC-Cooler-Master-RS-500-PCAR-13-10-6A-60-50HZ-500W-power-supply-ZH-/273610499262

i5 4590 / 3,3Ghz / 6mb / LGA1150 / 4 cores
GTX 750 TI 2GB GDDR5 (to swap with rx 580)
8 Gig of ram ddr 3 1600 mhz (I may add another 8gb stick for dual channelling)

Motherboard: GB B85M-D2V
Case CM CMP-350 500W

A 500W power supply does work perfectly fine for the system. The thing is that your power supply isn't exactly great, it's a legacy product and it's questionable how reliable it is. I'd recommend replacing the PSU with essentially anything 500W 80+ bronze from a trusted manufacturer like Corsair, EVGA, Seasonic and others.

5 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

A 500W power supply does work perfectly fine for the system. The thing is that your power supply isn't exactly great, it's a legacy product and it's questionable how reliable it is. I'd recommend replacing the PSU with essentially anything 500W 80+ bronze

Agree.

6 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

from a trusted manufacturer like Corsair, EVGA, Seasonic and others.

Disagree. Brands means nothing, the model is what's important :)

500W is fine for an i5 and a 580. That being said, I would agree with the other posts that that particular PSU is a little sketchy, and I would suggest something at least 80+ bronze

You can definitely try it if you already own the PSU. If you come into power limit issues, your rig will just lock up or crash when gaming. It wont likely damage anything, as the components have built in protections. (I wouldnt recommend it though)

Just now, Meganter said:

Agree.

Disagree. Brands means nothing, the model is what's important :)

I mean you can't exactly go wrong by picking a new 80+ rated power supply from a trusted manufacturer (except EVGA's 80+ white PSU's). Because I've never exactly heard horror stories about power supplies from EVGA, Corsair or Seasonic for example.

Meganter AndreiArgeanu tJuggernaut29

Thanks for the advice guys. If you dont mind could one of you be able to reccomend me a PSU from one of these 2 sites for price ranging 50-120 leva ? (im from Bulgaria) All of the imortant stuff are in English like model wattage brand etc you could pick certain brands and specifications on the left side below.

https://www.emag.bg/zahranvashti-blokove/price,between-50-and-100/sort-discountdesc/c

https://www.pazaruvaj.com/zahranvawi-blokove-c3158/?orderby=13

Youre going to be looking for something 80+ bronze or better (silver, gold, platinum) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_Plus

semi, or full modular is nice for building, but non essential. 

And look for a name brand (corsair, evga, cooler master, bequiet, thermaltake, seasonic, silverstone)

And do 500W and up is fine. 750W and higher is overkill for your setup

theres a ton of choices out there, so its hard to recommend just one.