Laptop for 2nd grader starting Home school

Hi. Can anyone tell me what a good thin and light laptop/2 in 1 would be for my 2nd grader starting home school? He uses Clever, Microsoft Teams, ZOOM for video conferencing with the class, and Microsoft 365 daily for classes. Plus multiple browser tabs at one time. Gaming is not a priority for him yet. He likes watching youtube more than gaming at this point. I think a 13 inch touch screen is plenty big for him to.Our budget is about 800 US dollars. Can go up if it is worth it.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

My brother uses a chromebook for school, however, I can see that this may not fit your needs. However the Flex 14 2-in-1 from lenovo seems like a great fit. It has a 3rd gen ryzen quadcore, 12 gigs of ram, and a pen! While that may not be the best thing out right now. It can fit your child's needs and may even be able to run minecraft and roblox. I'll put a link for you here: https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Convertible-Touchscreen-Processor-81SS000DUS/dp/B07TWHYTSQ/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=lenovo+flex&qid=1586025303&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzMklPSEtCUjhKMTVUJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODk1MTM4MVQ3RzU2RDYyVTJLOSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUExMDI2MjI0Mk5NVkE5S0JPSk1FJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

10 hours ago, 5x5 said:

I'd strongly suggest looking at a refurbished business laptop. A ThinkPad/Latitude/EliteBook from the outlets of Dell, HP or Lenovo

I came to recommend this as well.

A perfect computer would be something like a t440p. It's old enough that it can be picked up for pretty cheap, but still powerful enough (especially after making some upgrades) where the kid can grow with it as well.

4 hours ago, linkboy said:

I came to recommend this as well.

A perfect computer would be something like a t440p. It's old enough that it can be picked up for pretty cheap, but still powerful enough (especially after making some upgrades) where the kid can grow with it as well.

Agreed. And its a perfect solution since it's durable, powerful and snappy unlike the cheap garbage in the price segment (mostly Chromebooks that take forever to load, break easily, have various issues and are an overall super poor experience with a cut down OS. Yeah, don't buy Chromebooks 😁)

8 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Agreed. And its a perfect solution since it's durable, powerful and snappy unlike the cheap garbage in the price segment (mostly Chromebooks that take forever to load, break easily, have various issues and are an overall super poor experience with a cut down OS. Yeah, don't buy Chromebooks 😁)

Exactly.

I'm currently doing that to a t540p that I got a few weeks ago. Since I got it, I've upgraded the RAM to 16GB (from 8GB), put in a 1TB SSD (upgraded from the 500GB HDD), put in a backlit keyboard, just swapped the trackpad with one from the t450 (much better trackpad) and I'm going to be looking into replacing the CPU with a quad core i7 and upgrading the display to a 3k panel.

I paid $250 for the base computer and the most expensive thing I'll be putting into it is either the display or the CPU since I pulled the SSD and RAM out of my Elitebook.

I hate cheap Chromebooks. My mom has one and that computer makes me hate life. 

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. They were great. I must say that the ThinkPads are great choices if I could wait for upgrades could to be mail to me. So in the end I went with the Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 from walmart.com. Only because amazon will not have this in stock till May 20th. Walmart will have this delivered to us by the 10th of April. Same specs as what Midzaya suggested. I boughtt it for 529.99.