First build 😁

tdiddy

Hey all! So I’m almost don’t with my first pc build. I’m doing lots of rgb lighting from the six fans being corsairs LL and the h150i pro along with a few led strips. My question is for my cpu and gpu. I’m looking to play like destiny and dota and wow, but also experiment since there are more pc games out there. So some first person shooter some MOBA. I know I need a higher end monitor to match with whatever gpu I go with, so, what is a good 600 dollar (around that) gpu to match with say a ryzen 7 3800 or 3700? Or would a 5 suffice? I’ve looked at radeons sapphire nitro, EVGA 2070 supers, ASUS 2070... just don’t know what’s best for me and what I like to play. Any thoughts?

If gaming is your main focus a Ryzen 5 3600 is all you need. Pair that with a fast ram kit 3600MHz/CL16 (16GB is plenty for gaming) and a solid motherboard and you are good to go!

I assume you are buying in the US? A 2070 Super would fit nicely into that budget. I'd recommend a card with 3 fans (Gigabyte Windforce for example). Or you could go with a 5700XT, save some money and have close to the performance of a 2070 Super. New GPUs are expected to be announced soon as well, but there's always something new around the corner ;)

Do you have a PCPartPicker list of your build so far?

The 3600 comes with a stock cooler btw. It's sufficient even if you lightly OC the CPU. I'm mentioning this because a H150i is a bit overkill for that kind of CPU and a waste of money imo. 

11 minutes ago, ShinRamen said:

If gaming is your main focus a Ryzen 5 3600 is all you need. Pair that with a fast ram kit 3600MHz/CL16 (16GB is plenty for gaming) and a solid motherboard and you are good to go!

I assume you are buying in the US? A 2070 Super would fit nicely into that budget. I'd recommend a card with 3 fans (Gigabyte Windforce for example). Or you could go with a 5700XT, save some money and have close to the performance of a 2070 Super. New GPUs are expected to be announced soon as well, but there's always something new around the corner ;)

Do you have a PCPartPicker list of your build so far?

The 3600 comes with a stock cooler btw. It's sufficient even if you lightly OC the CPU. I'm mentioning this because a H150i is a bit overkill for that kind of CPU and a waste of money imo. 

You’re right it’s a bit over kill cause since I’m new I don’t plan to overclock just yet. I was just giddy and wanted the lighting 🤤 but okay that will save me some cash in the cpu side but for gpu you mentioned the Radeon 5700xt right? Is the sapphire nitro plus essentially the 5700 xt only with a ton of lights? The other gpu I like are the EVGA but the only 2070 I see are the super ultras 

Just now, tdiddy said:

You’re right it’s a bit over kill cause since I’m new I don’t plan to overclock just yet. I was just giddy and wanted the lighting 🤤 but okay that will save me some cash in the cpu side but for gpu you mentioned the Radeon 5700xt right? Is the sapphire nitro plus essentially the 5700 xt only with a ton of lights? The other gpu I like are the EVGA but the only 2070 I see are the super ultras 

So far I have 2 tb mp600 ssd, 4x8 Corsair (3200) on the crosshair MBD. I know I’m kinda building in a funky way 😱

6 minutes ago, tdiddy said:

So far I have 2 tb mp600 ssd, 4x8 Corsair (3200) on the crosshair MBD. I know I’m kinda building in a funky way 😱

What's your budget for the entire PC? You are overspending a little. You won't need 32GB Ram and it'll give you basically 0 performance advantage. Same with PCIe 4.0 SSD. 

If we know your budget, we can suggest you a great build with the best gaming performance for within that budget without spending money on things you won't benefit from. RGB included ;)

I don’t really have one honestly I’ve been getting what I think I like, and now I’m at the point where i know I don’t want or need a 3900x with a Titan gpu ya know? I’d guess that all in all my builds in the 2000-2300 range from everything I’ve already got to these last few things to get

And yes I am buying in the US

So far I’m sitting on:

corsair 570 xt case

h150ipro

x6 LL 120 mm fans

commander pro( connected with 2 rgb hubs through the LED plug ins on the pro)

ASUS crosshair hero MBD

4x8 ram (32gb)

2 tb ssd.

Could you please tell me absolute best cpu gpu combo for this so far and then what gpu would work best for what I actually want? Just wanting to know please. Thanks for your help so far ShinRamen!!

Considering the quality of all the components you already have these components would fit nicely. With your H150i Pro and the Crosshair Hero you have enough headroom to overclock the 3700X to 3800X levels. As I said a 3600 would be enough for pure gaming, but that would be a rather unbalanced build with what you already have (32GB Ram, 360mm AIO, Crosshair Hero). The 2080 Super is great for 1440p gaming and I included a PSU as you didn't list one yet. A 2080 Ti would perform even better, as would a Titan RTX, but the cost/performance ratio is off - plus I wouldn't spend > $1000 on a GPU right now. 

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor $298.99 @ B&H
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card $659.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $99.99 @ Newegg
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $1088.97
  Mail-in rebates -$30.00
  Total $1058.97
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-04 08:27 EDT-0400