Titan -not- Black to be released this week

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet since I have seen it on several tech sites in the past few days.

According to several sources who have been able to acquire materials from nVidia press FTP such as specs and photos, Nvidia is planning to silently release the Titan Black edition this week. Nvidia will continue focusing on the 780 Ti as their flagship consumer/gamer graphics card. The Titan Black will be targeted at developers who need double precision.

It will feature the same GK110 GPU as the GTX 780 Ti with slightly higher clocks and 6GB of VRAM as well as DP fully enabled.

It will also feature exactly the same cooler as the 780 Ti with "Titan" written on it. 

cli9CRp.png

gtx-titan-black,W-X-422385-22.jpg

''That suit is NOT BLACK''

-Borat

So just a 780ti with more ram and Double Precision enabled...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

-Borat

and slightly higher clocks apparently, it seems like they just want to silently replace the titan with the slightly newer version of the GK110.

and slightly higher clocks apparently, it seems like they just want to silently replace the titan with the slightly newer version of the GK110.

Yeah, but Imagine the Titan owners....

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

384 bit for 6GB???

Current Build: Case: Define R4 White/Window CPU: i5 3470 @4.0Ghz GPU: GTX 680 DCUII +500Mhz(Mem) Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Monitor: Acer Monitor 1920x1080 MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Storage: 2TB HDD, 120GB 840 EVO (OS)

Future Build: 4670K, GTX 780 MSI TwinFrozr OC, Z87X-D3H, 8GB @1866Mhz, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 750D, RM 650W, Custom Loop. White/Blue/Black Colour Scheme. I literally cannot wait *_*

No, it's the new Titan.

<.< everything is the same... other than a "fully" (So they say) unlocked GK110 chip

Character artist in the Games industry.

Well, that's tech for you, tbh it wouldn't have made any difference if this weren't silent for them, if anything they can still say they have a Titan and not specify which version :P. I think most of them have bought it as an investment and are pretty happy with the value anyway.

So its Titan without black.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

The Titan was released over a year ago. If you get mad that your 1 year old graphics cards gets replaced by a slightly better versions then you are in the wrong industry.

yeah lol

The new Titan isn't worth it to any gamer.

wait for the rumored 780ti 6gb

Hail Sithis!

I think these specs are probably what we are going to get. But what I want to know, are the AIB's able to use their own custom designs.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

yeah lol

The new Titan isn't worth it to any gamer.

wait for the rumored 780ti 6gb

AKA TitannotreallyblackordoubleprecisionTi, I'm guessing this is it, I mean they might as well wait and release it as part of the 800 series and probably sell more and target gamers.

It's going to be $1500, calling it now.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Just bought a 780 Ti, Titan black comes out. FML.

Gaming and Editing: Intel Core i7-4930k 4.6Ghz 6-Core Processor - EK Supremacy CSQ CPU WaterblockASUS P9X79 ATX Motherboard - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (8x4GB) 1866 Memory - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black 1200Mhz 6GB W/ EK FC780 Ti Nickel Waterblock Graphics Card  - Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive x3 - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD x2 - Fractal Design Define R4 Window Modded - BitFenix Spectre Pro Blue LED 140mm Fan x1 - BitFenix Spectre PWM LED 120mm Fan x4 - Corsair HX850 80 Plus Gold Modular Power SupplyMicrosoft Windows 8 64-bit Operating System

It's going to be $1500, calling it now.

According to Guru3D it's expected to be around $1000 just like the Titan.

According to Guru3D it's expected to be around $1000 just like the Titan.

What? That makes no sense. Unless they cut prices on the original Titan, it's going to become completely irrelevant.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

What? That makes no sense. Unless they cut prices on the original Titan, is going to become completely irrelevant.

or they could just take it out of the shelves since its complete replacement  

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Just bought a 780 Ti, Titan black comes out. FML.

so what its more expensive and unless you work with it or you use huge res you should not care. if you work with your 780 ti ,then you should have gone with the titan in the first place

384 bit for 6GB???

That's why it's clocked at 7Ghz.

7Ghz 384bit is better than 5Ghz 512bit like the R9-290X has.

The K6000 has the same specs with 12GB Vram and it can use all of it's Vram without a problem.

RTX2070OC 

Won't make that much of a gaming difference, maybe 5-10%. But good news for those compute customers, more FLOPS in the same package is better.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

so what its more expensive and unless you work with it or you use huge res you should not care. if you work with your 780 ti ,then you should have gone with the titan in the first place

I know, it wasn't a genuine complaint. It was just so ironic.

Gaming and Editing: Intel Core i7-4930k 4.6Ghz 6-Core Processor - EK Supremacy CSQ CPU WaterblockASUS P9X79 ATX Motherboard - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (8x4GB) 1866 Memory - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black 1200Mhz 6GB W/ EK FC780 Ti Nickel Waterblock Graphics Card  - Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive x3 - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD x2 - Fractal Design Define R4 Window Modded - BitFenix Spectre Pro Blue LED 140mm Fan x1 - BitFenix Spectre PWM LED 120mm Fan x4 - Corsair HX850 80 Plus Gold Modular Power SupplyMicrosoft Windows 8 64-bit Operating System

-Borat

not really. the clock and memory speeds have been increased, there is another set of tmu's bringing along with it almost 200 more shaders. its nice.