Hi guys, so i'm planning to build a gaming desktop with 7 ARGB Fans, 3 ARGB Fans at the front, 1 at rear and 3 at the top. However, I have 2 questions. 1st) Is PWM same as system fan connector on the motherboard. 2nd) I found a HUB by Cooler Master MASTERFAN ARGB AND PWM HUB, but it only has 6 ARGB and PWM connectors. Can i connect the ARGB Fan connector to a RGB LED Headers or Addressable LED Header or should i just buy another hub which has 7 pwm and argb connectors, if so can you suggest one? Thank you!!

Corsair commander pro only has 6 sets of connectors, are there any other which has 8 sets of pwm and argb hub? Or is there another way to solve this? Can someone help?

Hi guys, so i'm facing a problem. I'm planning to have 7 ARGB fans in my desktop and a ARGB Cpu cooler, so there will be 8 sets of ARGB and PWM connectors. However, because I'm buying the Cooler Master case, MB520 Argb, it includes 3 ARGB fans at the front, so i'm getting 4 more, 1 for rear, 3 for top. 1st question) Must I use a Cooler Master Hub if I'm using a Cooler Master ARGB fan, or i could just use other brands hub? Question 2) The hub that cooler master has 

MASTERFAN ARGB AND PWM HUB only have 6 sets of ARGB and PWM connectors, how can i solve it though? Can someone help me, Thank you!!!

This is the components i chose:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor
CPU COOLER: Cooler Master MASTERAIR MA620M 57.3 CFM CPU Cooler
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock X570 PRO4 AM4 AMD X570 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard
Memory/Ram: G.SKILL Trident Z Neo (For AMD Ryzen) Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin RGB DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C16D-16GTZN
SSD: Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 500gb PCI-Express Gen 4.0
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2tb
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB520 ARGB ATX Mid Tower Case
PSU: CoolerMaster V850
Monitor: MSI OPTIX MAG271CQR 27.0" Curved WQHD 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor

The nice thing about coolermaster it is compatible with direct hookup to the motherboard via 3pin 5v ARGB setup, yay.

The problem with Corsair is the connection to their fans like UL, and LL fans are proprietary, so you will either need a splitter, from 1 to 2, or buy a second hub.

Coolermaster can use its own hub, should come with one in the case, the software will load up and save what ever profile you put onto the controller, once set, you don't need to run 'Mastercool' program in the background. Corsair doesn't do this and requires the software to run in the background, also known as iQUE.

8 minutes ago, GUVII said:

iQUE.

IQUE or ICUE? Btw thank you a lot. However, do i connect the ARGB splitter to the Addressable LED Header or  RGB LED Headers on the motherboard?

8 minutes ago, GUVII said:

splitter, from 1 to 2

Just now, GUVII said:

you'll need to find a Corsair ARGB splitter and hook it up to the controller

I'm not going to get a Corsair hub or splitter. I will just get a Cooler master 1-3 argb splitter and pwm and argb hub. But where do i connect the argb splitter to as mentioned just now?

6 minutes ago, DarkMedic said:

do i connect the ARGB splitter to the Addressable LED Header or  RGB LED Headers on the motherboard?

image.thumb.png.c308c271f8937fa3c03762d6af26fdd1.png

14 minutes ago, DarkMedic said:

I'm not going to get a Corsair hub or splitter. I will just get a Cooler master 1-3 argb splitter and pwm and argb hub. But where do i connect the argb splitter to as mentioned just now?

My mistake, misread the origional post.

Alright well Mastercool also uses a USB connection so you can connect it via USB from the motherboard, or just do a direct connection using the ARGB header that is the 5v. To solve this issue of a shortage of ARGB headers, sense you need 8 in all you can use splitters on the original hub. I've done this myself and it works great, you will need something like this...

https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-ARGB-Splitter-Cable/dp/B081RVKCG5/ref=sr_1_3?crid=6O0NZOT0UQLW&dchild=1&keywords=argb+splitter+3+pin&qid=1585985788&s=electronics&sprefix=ARGB+splitter+%2Celectronics%2C170&sr=1-3

As for the CPU cooler, if it is a 4 pin, then it should be fine on a 12v hookup, otherwise you should be able to use one of the open ports on the splitter to hook up the cooler.

21 minutes ago, GUVII said:

Mastercool also uses a USB connection so you can connect it via USB from the motherboard

1)So I do not need to use the sata connector to connect to the hub, instead i just use the USB connection, but where is the USB connector on the motherboard? 

23 minutes ago, GUVII said:

direct connection using the ARGB header that is the 5v

2)what is this though?

26 minutes ago, GUVII said:

sense you need 8 in all you can use splitters on the original hub

3)wait, so i connect the hub to the USB or the SATA( Ma620m is sata powered) connector to the connectors and i connect a splitter to the hub?

Coolermasters controller will require sata power, just have the splitter on the hub and you should be good. You however have options, you can connect both the USB to controller and the ARGB from the board to controller, either have the bios control the ARGB, or have Coolermaster control the controller via USB.

1 hour ago, GUVII said:

just have the splitter on the hub

So i just buy a hub and splitter and i plug the splitter into the hub?

Hi guys, I'm facing a problem that I have not enough PWM and ARGB connectors on the motherboard. I'm planning to buy Cooler Master MasterFan ARGB and PWM HUB and a splitter. However, is it possible if I plug the 1-3 ARGB Splitter Cable into the Hub?

*** Thread merged ***

Please keep discussion about same subject in one thread.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Hi guys, I'm planning to buy argb fans from cooler master MF120. However, I found a lot of bad review of it being too noisy, so I decided to change. I wanted to continue using the Cooler Master PWM and ARGB Hub, but it was only compatible with Cooler Master Cables. What ARGB and PWM hub do you suggest? I have at least 8+ ARGB Fans.

Hi guys, I'm curious if MSI Mystic light and Corsair iCUE works the same as ARGB for CPU Coolers, Case Fans etc. Can someone clarify? Thank you!! 

It doesn't work the same, The corsair iCUE is for corsair products like their fans or aios. MSI Mystic Light if for MSI products and there is a list of products that support in on their website https://www.msi.com/Landing/mystic-light-rgb-gaming-pc/ at the bottom of the page. And ARGB is RGB for Cooler Master stuff, I'm not sure whether they have software or it's controlled by a remote.

Hi guys, I'm curious if i plug a argb splitter into a argb hub, what will happen? Will it work as per normal or just *boom*?

Hi guys, so I'm planning to get a argb and pwm hub(GameMax Remote PWM+ARGB HUB V3.0) and a 1-to-5 argb splitter(Cooler Master 1-to-5 ARGB Splitter Cable). And I'm getting a DeepCool CF120 Case Fan (ARGB Fan). So, do i control the argb lighting with the cooler master app, the gamemax hub app or the deepcool app?

-= Topic merged =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER