What was the first PC/Console game you played?

Meowster

What was the first PC/Console game you played? Mine was Omega Race that I played on my Dad's Commodore VIC 20

Make sure to quote me @Meowster  so that I see your reply

I love my job, being a sysadmin. It's very fun 

Must have been Power Rangers ZEO on my dad's Windows 95 machine.

My best gaming memories come from Windows XP though. LEGO Island 2, Re-Volt, Hot Wheels, LEGO Rock Raiders, LEGO Loco (yes, I like LEGO games) and that sort of stuff.

The first game I played online was Medal of Honor Allied Assault. From what I remember, it was a good first person shooter for its time. 

My first console was Playstation 2, so many good memories on that thing too. SSX On Tour, Tom and Jerry War of Whiskers (fighting game), etc.

Why did I have to grow up 😭

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Wii Sports

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

It was a model train set game for our PowerMac back in the early 90s.

There was also a asterioid type game too and KidPix if anyone else remembers that.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

1 hour ago, Meowster said:

What was the first PC/Console game you played? Mine was Omega Race that I played on my Dad's Commodore VIC 20

Thats a hard one, i started very young, to the point where my memory of the time is hazy at best.

It wasn't on PC i know that, I didnt get to use my dads Amiga/PC till a couple years later,

Dunno what game specifically but it was one of the Atari 2600jr games. Still have them, could have been Pacman, Space invaders, Pong, Warzone, Atlantis,Centipede, and a bunch of others.. honestly cant remember which specifically.

After that though the 1st PC games i played were those like Lemmings, Doom, C&C, Duke Nukem 3D, Quake, Worms, etc.

I feel old now >.<

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

1 hour ago, Meowster said:

PC I am unsure. It was some generic windows 98 dell or something, played Unreal Tournament 99 and counter strike 1.6.

Nintendo 64 was probably the first one I played.

latest?cb=20120819173859&path-prefix=en

Yes, I am "old".

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

It's hard to remember if it was Oregon Trail on an Apple IIe, or River Raid on the Commodore 64.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

My earliest gaming memory is playing Neighbours from Hell 2: On Vacation on my mother's laptop. I forgot what laptop it was, I was like, 6 or 8 or something, sorry. 😅

Neighbors from Hell 2 - On Vacation:

Spoiler

Neighbors_from_hell_2.png

hqdefault.jpg

But according to my mother I used to play games or fiddle with my father's computer before he passed away -- I was 2 or less years old at that time and I literally have no memories of this.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

I didn't really touch gaming until later into my childhood, but I think it was probably this bad boy 

maxresdefault.jpg

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong. 

Super Mario Bros on NES. Born 1990.

Only actually beat it in a 2010-ish revisit. It's way too hard for a kid. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

From what I remember, it was the original PlayStation. Great console, along with the PlayStation 2. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Definitely something on an Atari 2600, Im thinking Donkey Kong. It was mid 80's and my mom had one. I also used to play an adventure style game that was text based with my dad on his old monster computer that had a speech add on module that would tell him what was on screen, also early to mid 80's. He was blind and wrote code hence having that particular machine.

First game I remember playing?  That old Compaq maze game... I was barely old enough to remember it!

First game at home?  Sierra's The Black Cauldron.  It was the most terrifying thing in the world when the dragon took Hen Wen.

Console would have been video pinball or Pitfall on the atari 2600.  Still have it and amazingly both games still work.  On a computer it would have either been Oregon Trail or the Carmen Sandiego game series on an Apple IIGS.

Crash Bandicoot on PS1.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer, or LEGO Racers. Still love that LEGO Racers but haven’t played it in a while. 

17 hours ago, Meowster said:

Mine was Omega Race that I played on my Dad's Commodore VIC 20

I recently picked up my first vintage machine, a VIC 20. Any user tips?

I can't actually remember what order I started playing games in. It was either: Super Mario World, HyperZone, one of the Pokemon games that was available at Game Boy Advance Platinum launch, or Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.

The one I recall the most is Microsoft Flight Simulator 4, but that may just be because I played that all the time.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

sim helicopter by maxxis, the developer of simcity

console: cant remember, super mario maybe

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!