How are you doing with quarantine and life?

Elektra57

Just wanted to check on my forum peeps and see how everyone is doing with everything. It has been a bit lonely for myself. Haven't seen my family since February. Had a crappy birthday at the end of March. Thankful for my health but ready for everything to go back to normal. Funny thing is, I social distanced before it was cool. Not too much has changed other than not seeing my family at least once a week. I went outside today for some sun and fresh air. That helped a smidge. Other than that I've been pretty depressed. What are you all doing to stay sane? I've blogged, played video games, upgraded my computer, and started a new anime series. Hope everyone else is doing well! 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

1 minute ago, Elektra57 said:

Just wanted to check on my forum peeps and see how everyone is doing with everything. It has been a bit lonely for myself. Haven't seen my family since February. Had a crappy birthday at the end of March. Thankful for my health but ready for everything to go back to normal. Funny thing is, I social distanced before it was cool. Not too much has changed other than not seeing my family at least once a week. I went outside today for some sun and fresh air. That helped a smidge. Other than that I've been pretty depressed. What are you all doing to stay sane? I've blogged, played video games, upgraded my computer, and started a new anime series. Hope everyone else is doing well! 

VR is my escape from reality...LOL

Not good. It's not so much quarantine, but just life in general. I came of age in the shadow of 9/11. I graduated uni mere months before the stock market crash of 2008. Just as it seemed like I was starting to get on my feet, COVID-19 hits. I feel like at every turn I'm just beaten about the face by how awful the human race is. Sure, there are good people, but it seems that they are far fewer in number than the endless parade of idiots and downright evil people out there. I don't really want to die... I just want to sleep.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

Rapunzel can relate to my boredom

Edited by captain_to_fire

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Not gonna lie, if there was ever a motivation of beating people, I think the assholes who raid stores with shit they don't need are a valid motivation. 

I've been collapsing and this bullshit has not made it any better, especially as my job's hours have collapsed. I can't use this to better myself unfortunately, nor can I care enough to do so. Please, people, if you can, take this time to better yourself.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 hour ago, handymanshandle said:

Not gonna lie, if there was ever a motivation of beating people, I think the assholes who raid stores with shit they don't need are a valid motivation. 

I've been collapsing and this bullshit has not made it any better, especially as my job's hours have collapsed. I can't use this to better myself unfortunately, nor can I care enough to do so. Please, people, if you can, take this time to better yourself.

yeah this stuff really sucks the way people are reacting to it.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I still have to work. But may have to soon quit. So will see soon enough. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

I've done a week indoors and have been socially distancing for a month now, and I'm completely over it. Yeah, video games are great and all that, but I desire to do things outside. Another month of this is going to be terrible, if that's all the requirement will be. Fully expecting that my offsite work will dry up in the coming weeks, and even if it doesn't, after this lockdown is lifted I doubt our clients will be willing to spend money. I'd love to just get on my motorcycle and ride off into a remote place even for an afternoon, but because of the way my states order is written I cannot even do that; Not worth a $1000 fine or jail time. I understand the purposes of social distancing and would gladly keep abiding by it if I could leave, but there's no gradient in the rules.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

I am coping with it quite well, but I still miss being able to go out anywhere, anytime for any amount of time. I did some diy stuff I wanted to do for a long time (painting all the doors in white since the old color was almost beige, which was nasty).

After having experienced almost 3 weeks of lockdown, I really want this to return to normal. I do understand why all this happens, but it is still difficult to endure. It is also a shame that I cannot visit my parents (who are in their early 70s).

Still working. While at home, I'm buying more games but keep playing the same ones I've been originally playing. And binge watching whatever I find on Hulu, Netflix, Youtube, and Prime. Mostly anime. 

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

It has definitely kicked my OCD, ADD, and Depression into overdrive. I try to stay away from watching news or reading too many articles about it. There have been a lot of self inflicted deaths in my hometown because of it. I think it is important that we stay in contact with each other and be there for everyone who may be struggling. I have to go to the grocery store today and I admit I am panicking a bit about going out into public. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

12 hours ago, Elektra57 said:

11 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

12 hours ago, YellowJersey said:

Not good. It's not so much quarantine, but just life in general. I came of age in the shadow of 9/11. I graduated uni mere months before the stock market crash of 2008. Just as it seemed like I was starting to get on my feet, COVID-19 hits. I feel like at every turn I'm just beaten about the face by how awful the human race is. Sure, there are good people, but it seems that they are far fewer in number than the endless parade of idiots and downright evil people out there. I don't really want to die... I just want to sleep.

Well my school has switched to online so I am still doing that and doing online exams. My medical program still requires me to study a lot so I am still doing that. I do find that in certain times like these our society, atleast here in the U.S. is everyone for themselves. Which is why I went out a few weeks ago and got toilet paper and water because I knew others would hoard these items. I also stocked up on canned goods and meats such as chicken, beef etc etc because my meat shelves at my local stores have been empty for almost 2 weeks now. 

I try not to hoard, but when other people hoard it triggers something in peoples brains that all the resources are being taken. Thus people like myself drive out and start stocking up as well. I am a huge 2nd amendment guy as well and all the 9mm ammunition at my local sporting goods stores and even gun shops are all empty. Even guns have been flying off the shelves. Every sort of apocalyptic themes both realistic and non realistic I grew up observing in films has sort of come to life. 

Didn't notice a change at all. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

I'm basically the biggest millennial stereotype: highly-educated and frequently on the dole complaining about the lack of opportunities. 

In the past 2~3 years I was hired full time to only work (and get paid) when my employer needs me. And yes, it's a very common issue for trades people in the oil industry in Canada. You get steady work for ~4 months out of town for 24 days on & 4 days off then absolutely no work for ~2 months etc... Then I was so fed up with this lifestyle that I moved to France for work (there are lots of work opportunities there for construction workers, the opposite of Canada). But I moved to France at the worst time of the year (when everybody was on vacation is business was slow AF) ! So I was on the dole for ~5 months between May and September. 

Being so frequently on the dole as a millennial stereotype prepared me so much for this confinement! I am not phased out by it, not one bit! At least with COVID I get paid "Woohoo!!". And I still have my job, for now. 

I'm Working tons of hours, covering the miles to deliver medical supplies, paper products and food to stores across the US and Canada. I haven't been home in over a month and won't be anytime soon. I only get to speak to my family on the phone now and watch my kids on video for now.

My request....stop hoarding crap. Give us time to catch up. I'd like to actually get some rest. And stop raiding the truck stops for your supplies. We need stuff also.

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

Exempt. I get to go to work everyday. 

However this deal has impacted the house greatly.

My son and wife both out of work (3 weeks now), money just got super tight. 

Hours slashed at my job to minimize chances of receiving a virus.

2 youngest ones happy not being in school. Every kid's dream I suppose.

Nerves wrecked (but ok at hiding it), Wife is super concerned (A mother's duty). 

Kids for the most part just bummed can't go anywhere.

Call all the utility companies to see about discount during lock down, I still owe the money, they just can't shut me off.

Federal Stimulus to help bring back economy, but by the time received, will only cover a small portion of stacked up bills for a family of 5.

"lock Downs" extended to end of April, General public with a large percentage of "I don't give an F" type individuals continuing as if nothing happened.

Rough in the US. and getting rougher. 

It's been quite shit, but for different sorts of reason then most people I suppose.

School is now remote, which has proven difficult as some classes were not able to switch to an online curriculum. That will surely make it so I miss out on some lessons. I find it very difficult to find the motivation for it. Speaking in front of the class is difficult, but I find it even harder online as well.

Thankfully I still have my job, as I have heard of many people who lost theirs in the last couple weeks.

Workloads has tripled however, with basically mandatory overtime as well. I mean, I guess I would rather have that over no job at all.. But it's not good for the mental health. All current scheduled days off have been cancelled too :( 

Most of the things I like the most in the year are during this and the coming month, which has all been cancelled (I like flea markets, which would be impossible to have, while imposing a 1.5m/5ft distance between all humans + no human contact).

I don't really have any family in danger of dying from the virus, so I at least don't have to worry about that. But with basically all daily talk revolving about that subject, it's not good.

Free time has been difficult to manage, as all my outside hobbies are basically gone now and I just find myself browsing the internet in the time left over.

With no end in sight, I am growing quite worried if I can keep all this up with a straight face.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I am blessed to work from home with Amazon. We are required to take on more hours starting this week. It has been hard to work the part time hours I had so full time is going to be fun. I know I should just be thankful I still have my job but with everything going on sometimes it is hard to just get out of bed. The only reason I did today was to play with friends online. The LTT Discord is quite active. You guys should join if you haven't already. This invite expires in 1 day: https://discord.gg/QGXYPF It helps to talk with my friends. I don't know what I would do without this community honestly. 

linktr.ee/Elektra57

I've not worked for almost a year, do to having  chronic migraines 

And with only minimal assistance from the county its been hard. But now things are even harder, and I'm having to rely on community help, I really don't like it, I'm a working man after all, but having a brain injury and other health issues just makes work Hard.

Ive thought about going back to work at my local super market but I lost my state ID and now the dmvs are all closed, so I'm stuck unemployed for who knows how long

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

Uhh, better than usual actually...

As a small business owner and full time college student i hardly had any time to tend to myself. It was just get up, go to school, manage my business, go home, do my school work for the day, go to sleep, and squeeze in a half assed meal or two somewhere. Now I have time to dedicate to myself, cook proper meals, drinking enough water finally... I haven't felt this good in ages.

Classes of course moved online, but the way my professors did it was just throw all the assignments up online and tell us to have them in by the end of the semester. So, i have a solid 3-4 hours to focus on myself now. It honestly feels great.

With that being said, the whole stay at home order really sucks. I am, for lack of a better term, and introverted extrovert. I love going to parties and hanging out with friends, but only for a couple hours. If i go any longer than that i just crash, and i crash really hard when i do. I haven't been able to really have any human interaction, other than my parents. It's honestly really tiring, but in a different way than too much social contact is. Overall up from a month ago, by quite a bit.

34 minutes ago, alicskysareblue said:

And with only minimal assistance from the county its been hard. But now things are even harder, and I'm having to rely on community help, I really don't like it, I'm a working man after all, but having a brain injury and other health issues just makes work Hard.

Im sure you have, but have you tried oolong teas? I have chronic migranes as well, though they are somewhat infrequent now a days. Oolong helped a lot when they were really bad. I personally can't take any medication, so I searched high and low for anything that would. 

This is my preferred tea. Normally i'd link amazon rather than the company directly, but amazon estimates a delivery in ~29 days from today...: https://www.revolutiontea.com/collections/dragon-eye-oolong-tea

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

22 minutes ago, alicskysareblue said:

Ive thought about going back to work at my local super market but I lost my state ID and now the dmvs are all closed, so I'm stuck unemployed for who knows how long

You should be able to order an id online 

1 hour ago, RonnieOP said:

You should be able to order an id online 

not in my state, but I really want to go back to work and do what I do best freight, its exhausting work but I made damn good money doing it in a large retail chain, getting 600 every two weeks was nice

1 hour ago, SenKa said:

Uhh, better than usual actually...

As a small business owner and full time college student i hardly had any time to tend to myself. It was just get up, go to school, manage my business, go home, do my school work for the day, go to sleep, and squeeze in a half assed meal or two somewhere. Now I have time to dedicate to myself, cook proper meals, drinking enough water finally... I haven't felt this good in ages.

Classes of course moved online, but the way my professors did it was just throw all the assignments up online and tell us to have them in by the end of the semester. So, i have a solid 3-4 hours to focus on myself now. It honestly feels great.

With that being said, the whole stay at home order really sucks. I am, for lack of a better term, and introverted extrovert. I love going to parties and hanging out with friends, but only for a couple hours. If i go any longer than that i just crash, and i crash really hard when i do. I haven't been able to really have any human interaction, other than my parents. It's honestly really tiring, but in a different way than too much social contact is. Overall up from a month ago, by quite a bit.

Im sure you have, but have you tried oolong teas? I have chronic migranes as well, though they are somewhat infrequent now a days. Oolong helped a lot when they were really bad. I personally can't take any medication, so I searched high and low for anything that would. 

This is my preferred tea. Normally i'd link amazon rather than the company directly, but amazon estimates a delivery in ~29 days from today...: https://www.revolutiontea.com/collections/dragon-eye-oolong-tea

great suggestion! I will look into it !

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

19 minutes ago, alicskysareblue said:

not in my state, but I really want to go back to work and do what I do best freight, its exhausting work but I made damn good money doing it in a large retail chain, getting 600 every two weeks was nice

$600 every two weeks for exhausting work?

Was that a typo?  Thats less then Burger King pay. which would be a lot less exhausting.