Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Arctic F12 vs F12 Silent?

I was just looking for some cheap case fans as my current ones which are the MF121L which come included with the Coolermaster MB520 case are just doing my head in. I just want quiet case fans, what is the difference? I can get 3 F12 silents for £15 or 5 Arctic F12's for £15, i can probably install 2 as an exhaust.

Take the F12. The silent is just speed limited.

Alternatively buy the P12.

3 hours ago, James Evens said:

Take the F12. The silent is just speed limited.

Alternatively buy the P12.

wouldnt it be louder tho?

10 hours ago, DrThots said:

wouldnt it be louder tho?

Not really. Silent version is mainly for the situations where you can't have custom fan control/curve. They are otherwise same fan, silent just has top speed limited. You could do same with software without kneecapping the fans potential.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

What are your specs and temps? Have you tried lowering fan speeds?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

F12

MY RIG

CPU: i5 8400 || CPU COOLER: Stock Intel || MOBO: MSI B360A-PRO || GPU: MSI 2060 SUPER GAMING X || RAM: 2x8GB HyperX Fury Black 2666MHZ || SSD: 120GB Kingston || HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: Segotep H9Plus+ 520W || CASE: Segotep SG-K5 Black || Monitor: Asus MG248QR & Asus VG245H  || KEYBOARD: Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2 Green Switch || Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate || Mouse Pad: Razer Firefly Hard Edition || Mic: Razer Seiren X || Headset: Razer Nari || Headset stand: Eazer Base Station Chroma || Case Fans : Segotep Pro Vibrant 3x120mm RGB ||