Apps with Flappy in title now being rejected by Apple and Google

mgsstar

In the wake of Flappy Bird being pulled from the mobile app scene, both Google and Apple have now began to deny entry to any app with the word Flappy in its title from being uploaded to their respective app marketplaces. Both companies made the decision to ban further apps from being uploaded if they had "Flappy" in the title due to the sheer number of clones popping up, many of which featured ad baiting, or even malware.

Unfortunately, many of the apps that made it into the mix before the ban was enacted will be allowed to stay, so it is up to users to report any apps that do not feature a legit game. Apple's has additional reason for banning the "Flappy" clones as well, saying that it has a strict policy against clone apps that "leverage" the success of a popular app. It's been a little more than a week since Flappy Bird creator, Dong Nguyen, pulled the app because it was proving to be too addictive to its users, and with more clones popping up every day, I feel that Apple and Google made the right move here.

Source:http://www.tweaktown.com/news/35490/apps-with-flappy-in-title-now-being-rejected-by-apple-and-google/index.html

Guess they now want to avoid having more flappy related games but I don't think it will prevent more clones to be created because they could just change the title and people could search for the keyword bird. :) 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Rofl

Splashy fish

Fly fly pig

You cant stop it

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

But i was just about to bring out my new app "Flappy Candy". oh no, shot down again.

I can understand why though. it is their stores and can sell what they like.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Rofl

Splashy fish

Fly fly pig

You cant stop it

fly fly pig lmao

im gonna make that shit right now.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1