Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

Currently I'm playing Fortnite at all low settings at 1920x1080 (Native) and my CPU usage is at 95-100% whilst my GPU usage is between 40-65% according to Task Manager. Also, my textures and graphics slowly load in and I experience massive FPS stutters and mouse lag. (I only have discord open when playing).

 

I'm thinking of upgrading to an i5 9400F and 16GB of Ram DDR4 (8x2) but not sure about what motherboard to get (preferably a cheap one).

 

Specs:

i5 2500 (pretty old)

1060 3GB

16GB Ram DDR3 (4x4)

Gigabyte Z68M-D2H

1TB Seagate HDD

240GB WD Green SSD

Windows 10 Pro

 

Any help is much appreciated. 

Capture.PNG

Link to post
Share on other sites

this is probably a cpu bottleneck or your cpu trying to get you to stop playing fortnite, but anyways, if you do upgrade you will need a new motherboard but you probably new this

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, FajardoX said:

Also, my textures and graphics slowly load in and I experience massive FPS stutters and mouse lag.

I don't think the CPU alone is the issue, the FPS stutters likely is the CPU fault, but the textures and graphics issue might be related to something else. What happens when you increase the settings in the game and when you drop them? The textures are at what setting?

 

If you want to upgrade anyway I would recommend either waiting for the new Intel CPUs or going with AMD, the 9400F is not really a good CPU, even more when AMD options are often cheaper.

Link to post
Share on other sites

a 9400F gets beat by a 3600 or 3600x easily.

raise your game settings as you are cpu bound.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 2.0: R7 2700 @4.0ghz, B450m Steel Legends, H105, 4x8gb Geil EVO 2866, XFX RX 580 8GB, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 500gb 850 pro and 5tb Toshiba x300

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 250 intel 730, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Bearcat (F@H box) core 2 duo, 1x4gb EEC DDR2, 250gb WD blue, 9800GTX+, STRIX 660ti, supermicro PSU, dell T3400.

Rappter(unfinished compute server) HP DL380G6 2xE5520 24GB ram with 4x146gb 10k drives and 4x300gb 10K drives, running NOTHING can't get anything to work

Spirt  (unfinished NAS) Cisco Security Multiservices Platform server e5420 12gb ram, 1x6 1tb raid 6 for plex + Need funding 16+1 2tb raid 6 for mass storage.

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List      How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

 

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."  @CircleTech

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

a 9400F gets beat by a 3600 or 3600x easily.

raise your game settings as you are cpu bound.

for the price they dont beat it by that much plus they cost a lot more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nick Neuburg said:

for the price they dont beat it by that much plus they cost a lot more.

modern games they do.

a r5 1600af. is going to be 85$ that is a hard chip to beat

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 2.0: R7 2700 @4.0ghz, B450m Steel Legends, H105, 4x8gb Geil EVO 2866, XFX RX 580 8GB, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 500gb 850 pro and 5tb Toshiba x300

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 250 intel 730, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Bearcat (F@H box) core 2 duo, 1x4gb EEC DDR2, 250gb WD blue, 9800GTX+, STRIX 660ti, supermicro PSU, dell T3400.

Rappter(unfinished compute server) HP DL380G6 2xE5520 24GB ram with 4x146gb 10k drives and 4x300gb 10K drives, running NOTHING can't get anything to work

Spirt  (unfinished NAS) Cisco Security Multiservices Platform server e5420 12gb ram, 1x6 1tb raid 6 for plex + Need funding 16+1 2tb raid 6 for mass storage.

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List      How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

 

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."  @CircleTech

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FajardoX said:

Hi,

Currently I'm playing Fortnite at all low settings at 1920x1080 (Native) and my CPU usage is at 95-100% whilst my GPU usage is between 40-65% according to Task Manager. Also, my textures and graphics slowly load in and I experience massive FPS stutters and mouse lag. (I only have discord open when playing).

 

I'm thinking of upgrading to an i5 9400F and 16GB of Ram DDR4 (8x2) but not sure about what motherboard to get (preferably a cheap one).

 

Specs:

i5 2500 (pretty old)

1060 3GB

16GB Ram DDR3 (4x4)

Gigabyte Z68M-D2H

1TB Seagate HDD

240GB WD Green SSD

Windows 10 Pro

 

Any help is much appreciated. 

 

The 2500 should be capable of this. What kind of frame rate are you expecting, and have you monitored the CPU utilization out of game?

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X, Nvidia GTX 780, 16 GB 2667 MT/s DDR4 Fedora 33 x86_64

Secondary: Intel Xeon X5670, Nvidia GTX 660, 24 GB 1333 MT/s DDR3 Windows 10 Home x86_64

Server: Intel Xeon X5670, 60 GB 1333 MT/s DDR3-R Ubuntu Server 20.04.1 LTS x86_64

Laptop: Intel Core i5-3320M, 16 GB 1600 MT/s DDR3 Fedora 32 x86_64

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

The 2500 should be capable of this. What kind of frame rate are you expecting, and have you monitored the CPU utilization out of game?

1600af would be better, its essentially the same but cheaper

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nick Neuburg said:

1600af would be better, its essentially the same but cheaper

The Ryzen 5 1600 is a completely different beast compared to a Core i5-2500. The 1600 clocks higher, has better IPC, and has 2 extra cores. Regardless, OP already has the 2500. Why buy a new system if it isn't needed?

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X, Nvidia GTX 780, 16 GB 2667 MT/s DDR4 Fedora 33 x86_64

Secondary: Intel Xeon X5670, Nvidia GTX 660, 24 GB 1333 MT/s DDR3 Windows 10 Home x86_64

Server: Intel Xeon X5670, 60 GB 1333 MT/s DDR3-R Ubuntu Server 20.04.1 LTS x86_64

Laptop: Intel Core i5-3320M, 16 GB 1600 MT/s DDR3 Fedora 32 x86_64

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also keep an eye on you temps to make sure throttling is not a factor.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you guys recommend a i3 9100F as I'm on a budget? I'm always going to be playing Fortnite at competitive settings (low) and would you recommend turning of Multithread-rendering for a 4Core CPU? Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×