1785 mhz vs 1815 mhz ?

MarleysBeard
Go to solution Solved by i_build_nanosuits,

30 MHz won't change anything...from my experience you need 150mhz to just start seeing an improvement and we're talking just a couple FPS more. Don't worry about it, your card is also better than Radeon crap, you did the right thing enjoy your games.

I bought a 2070 Super card (GV-N207SWF3OC-8GD) and I've been wondering if I should've spent more for a higher core clock. How much of a difference does 30 mhz make? Or maybe I should've just gone with a 5700xt..

Second guessing myself and I purchased recently from Amazon so I can easily return at no cost.

Any insight is appreciated.

Honestly, maybe .5-2 fps? Its not worth the hassle to return in my humble opinion and the 2070SUP will do you just nicely. You could OC it and gain those 30mhz.

30 MHz won't change anything...from my experience you need 150mhz to just start seeing an improvement and we're talking just a couple FPS more. Don't worry about it, your card is also better than Radeon crap, you did the right thing enjoy your games.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

20 minutes ago, MarleysBeard said:

I bought a 2070 Super card (GV-N207SWF3OC-8GD) and I've been wondering if I should've spent more for a higher core clock. How much of a difference does 30 mhz make? Or maybe I should've just gone with a 5700xt..

Second guessing myself and I purchased recently from Amazon so I can easily return at no cost.

Any insight is appreciated.

It won't boost your fps. When boosting frequencies heat goes up more than the fps you'll get. I think 2070Super is a good choice.

10 minutes ago, KingBoodah said:

Honestly, maybe .5-2 fps? Its not worth the hassle to return in my humble opinion and the 2070SUP will do you just nicely. You could OC it and gain those 30mhz.

I'm sure you're right just that doubt that sneaks in after spending $500 on a GPU.