Weirdest restart loop ever (long post, but PLS HELP)

Go to solution Solved by Ripple21177,
2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

I'd start with the PSU, a failing module is going to give inconsistent results, until it's gotten to the point where it's completely failed, in which case nothing will boot right.

Yeah I agree as well. I'll try switching out the PSU and see if that fixes it 

So I'm having the worst few days currently. The Covid19 lockdown is in commence and my PC decided to fail me during these critical times.

So the issue I've been having for a while but it was never this bad. Id get the occasional restart every now and then and I'd try to troubleshoot it, but then all is bueno. Suddenly it got pretty bad and I noticed it only crashed while I was gaming, so naturally I thought, graphic card issue. I had an MSI gtx 950 which required external power. I stress tested with my OC, failed, restarted. Ok, no OC, worked fine for a bit, then restarted. At this point I was convinced it was my Graphic card, luckily my friend is travelling and left his PC with me, so I had a spare Asus 1050ti to use. Switched it out, ran absolutely fine! No problems at all, which at that point I was like, damn I have to buy a new card, and that's what I thought all up until today.

So today is a whole new story. Rewind a few days to when I got my first recent crash, it was after I had installed a game called RUST, I launched the game, got into a match, opened the map, then boom, restart. I thought Rust is a heavy game, they even said u needed 12 GB of RAM to play the large map. So I rebooted, relaunched, got into a small map no problems, ran fine.

Coming to today, I have been stuck in a weird, not your everyday restart loop.

I thought it was everything, Mobo, ram, Psu, I was confused like crazy. Then I thought maybe it's software. So I completely formatted my sad, reinstalled windows and got into desktop, thought everything was working fine until.. boom, it happened again. At this point I just wanted to throw it out of a window and just buy a new one, but decided to troubleshoot shoot some more.

So I restarted in safe mode. Now people, in safe mode, I have never gotten a single restart! No matter how long I stay in there and do whatever. Other times in normal boot up I might get into windows and stay in the desktop for a bit before it restarts but in safe mode it never happened.

So I started thinking, it can't be a driver on my C, I just reinstalled, I didn't even get to install anything, it restarted right after I got into windows after the installation finished. So I thought maybe smtg on my other hard drives.. removed those, still. All I have connected is a keyboard and mouse.

Another weird thing, if I'm in the screen where I have to key in my password I never restart, only as soon as I key in my password and press enter it restarts 

So, what the bleep is going on with my PC?!

Specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte 990xa-ud3 v3.0 (BIOS version FD)

CPU: AMD FX 6300

GPU: Asus 1050ti

RAM: HYPERX FURY 8 GB 1866

PSU: CM 650m 80+ bronze

Water cooled

12 minutes ago, Ripple21177 said:

So, what the bleep is going on with my PC?!

Sounds like a failing power supply

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

Sounds like a failing power supply

I was thinking the same, but I don't have any conclusive evidence it is. I have another PSU laying around but sadly I can't get to it right now. If the problem persists I'll try to go get it.

Just now, Ripple21177 said:

I was thinking the same, but I don't have any conclusive evidence it is. I have another PSU laying around but sadly I can't get to it right now. If the problem persists I'll try to go get it.

I say "if" because it's suddenly working fine again...

20 minutes ago, Ripple21177 said:

I say "if" because it's suddenly working fine again...

I'd start with the PSU, a failing module is going to give inconsistent results, until it's gotten to the point where it's completely failed, in which case nothing will boot right.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Yeah I agree as well. I'll try switching out the PSU and see if that fixes it