VHS to DVD in 2020

Hi, This may sound a bit weird and semi-bizarre but i'm hoping to start a process of VHS to DVD for my families VHS tapes. at the moment i have the Converter on the way already but i'm hoping to do a Super VHS Cassette player for the playback and was wondering, to those who may specialize in that here, if it's possible to play back VHS Tapes on a S-VHS player i know you can't do it the other way around due to the higher quality but i just want to make sure before i go and get something i won't need. 

You can play regular VHS tapes on an S-VHS player and a D-VHS/D-Theater player. Some VHS machines can play back S-VHS machines if they happen to support Super Quasi Playback. 

If you're worried about VHS quality on any player, look for a VHS player with 4 tape heads (they'll almost always advertise it on the front) or look for an S-VHS player that happens to have a time base corrector and/or its own image processing system. Yes, an S-VHS player would be better at playing back regular VHS tapes, but not massively so unless you find one with the aforementioned features.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.