GPU Help? Fans spin up, light on, no output.

snapshot16

I built a new PC about 6 months ago now, but haven't gotten around to getting rid of my old PC until now. Since I'm planning on giving my old pc to my friend, I bought a flashy new case and a new HDD. So I've put everything back together, but it seems sitting around for 6 months had done something to the GPU. It is an EVGA GTX 1070 SC, and I'm 99.9% sure that it is the cause of the issue, as I did a GPU swap with my current PC, and the GPU from my current PC worked perfectly in the old build, however, the GPU from the old build (GTX 1070) still didn't work in my current build (meaning I know all the other components in my old pc are functional). Also, I've tried only one Ram stick, swapped them around etc.

When I boot, the GPU will light up, and fans will spin, but I cannot get a signal out of the HDMI or Display Port outputs. When I take out the graphics card (so using mobo/CPU graphics) the PC boots and functions completely normally. Interestingly, the GPU warning light on my old computer does not stay illuminated, while the warning light on my new PC did stay illuminated after booting. I can't see any issues with the pins, and after a decent physical inspection can't find anything wrong on the outside.

I have absolutely no experience with GPU internals and am not that comfortable pulling apart the entire thing without having some clue what I'm looking for. What could I try and do?

Thanks very much!!

Alright a couple things 1 double check all cables and boot it up. If the issue persists take the gpu out and insert it in again making sure you hear or see the clip lock on. After that make sure you have a monitor that accepts the signal. I know this sounds weird but my old 1050ti wont work on one of my monitors but my 1070ti SAME cable will and I no idea why. I haven't heard of a gpu dying by sitting around that long. I have had my 1050ti sitting around longer and it still works (using it to fold now). try and reset the cmos, try messing with the cable, try a different video cable, and finally what cpu do you have?

Thanks for the Reply. 

Sorry should have already said, tried CMOS, no luck, tried different cable, tried different monitor, replaced card multiple times into different PC's (I'm pretty sure it is locked in correctly, I seem to be able to install my current GPU correctly). I will go and have a fiddle with the cable after I plug it in. All other cables are definitely plugged in correctly, as pc operates 100% normally with a different or no graphics card. I had another good look at the GPU pins, they look in perfect condition.

I'll just put system specs, and I might be wrong, but since I have tried the GPU in two different otherwise completely functioning PC's with the same result I isolated the issue down to a physical GPU hardware issue. Could this still be a driver/software issue? Considering the hardware PC is identical to what it was 6 months ago (working 100% fine),  I thought it would all just fit back together and be all good in terms of drivers/software. EDIT: It is a new HDD (so no preinstalled drivers), but still, should be able to work out of the box before I can go on and download the latest NVIDIA drivers.

Old System

CPU: Intel i5 6500

MOBO: Asus z-170ar

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC

PSU: Corsair SF600

RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4gb (8gb)

And an HDD

New system (the 1070 didn't work in this one either)

CPU: Intel i5 9700k

MOBO: Asus Prime z370-a

GPU: Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2070

PSU: EVGA Supernova 750w G2

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 8x4 (32gb)

Cheers!