Monster Hunter World is pretty good!

GreyestGoat

I got it for free with my Aorus RX 5700-XT & Resident Evil 3 which i cannot claim yet as it is not released.

Runs awesomely smooth at 75FPS locked (refresh) on maximum!

I have not gotten very far but i must say it looks epic....

Anyone played this yet? how did it run for you? do you like the game?

SLAMD-XT  Ryzen 2600X 4.125ghz 1.26v~Gigabyte B450 Aorus ELITE~16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz C15~Arcting Cooling Freezer 34 Esports Duo~Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700-XT~CIT chassis~120GB PNY SSD~WD BLUE 3D NAND 1TB SSD M.2~Phobya 120mm G.Silent's~SuperFlower Leadex III GOLD~Razer Basilisk~RedDragon Kumura

I liked it a lot, but I bought it to play with a friend. Turns out the game is unplayable for us. There's a dumb mechanic that you can't play the story quests together unless one of you has done the quest already. So what happens is that both of us simply have to play seperately the same fucking quest. Which is insanely idiotic, because the game is a co-op game that you're supposed to play with multiple people. Why can't you progress the story together? We played for 4 hours straight and just dropped it since the co-op had been implemented so badly.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

Just now, Underi said:

I liked it a lot, but I bought it to play with a friend. Turns out the game is unplayable for us. There's a dumb mechanic that you can't play the story quests together unless one of you has done the quest already. So what happens is that both of us simply have to play seperately the same fucking quest. Which is insanely idiotic, because the game is a co-op game that you're supposed to play with multiple people. Why can't you progress the story together? We played for 4 hours straight and just dropped it since the co-op had been implemented so badly.

Oh that sucks, luckily i am a lone ranger on this game... for now, my other buddies don't play this game yet.

SLAMD-XT  Ryzen 2600X 4.125ghz 1.26v~Gigabyte B450 Aorus ELITE~16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz C15~Arcting Cooling Freezer 34 Esports Duo~Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700-XT~CIT chassis~120GB PNY SSD~WD BLUE 3D NAND 1TB SSD M.2~Phobya 120mm G.Silent's~SuperFlower Leadex III GOLD~Razer Basilisk~RedDragon Kumura

I love the game too but like since I don't always have time for a 45min+ hunt and I mainly play in singleplayer, I don't understand why I can't pause the game to do stuff. That's always seemed so dumb to me

My life

8 minutes ago, Underi said:

There's a dumb mechanic that you can't play the story quests together unless one of you has done the quest already.

Wow, that's incredibly dumb. That rules the game out for me and my hubby.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Wow, that's incredibly dumb. That rules the game out for me and my hubby.

Yep, we had no idea either and couldn't refund because we had played for so long already. You can play side-quests together but story quests (which introduce the new monsters) can't be played together for the first time. People have complained about it for 2 years and the devs haven't done anything about it so I don't know if it's intentional or not.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

13 hours ago, GreyestGoat said:

Anyone played this yet? how did it run for you? do you like the game?

Yep, over 300+ hours.  Been a while since I dump this many hours into a game.  The QoL improvements compare to previous MH games is nice.

For how it runs, I play at 4K with some settings tune.  Mostly getting around 40-55 fps.  Don't really bother me, plus I play with a dualshock controller with the game on PC. 

Also, a tip for all the folks that want to co-op Story Quests.

Have all the folks that want to co-op start said quest, watch to the cut-scene, after that is done.  Have all others drop out of said quest and join into one's person quest.  After cut-scene, you should see a notification saying you can now SoS the quest.  This means the internal check mark for that quest is now saved and folks can co-op it together.  But yeah, sucks one has to go this round about way to co-op those.

This basically what me and a bud do for the majority of standard MHW and Iceborne story quests.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU