Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Should I go with this or wait for Nvidia 3000 series

I would like to build a high end pc but would be up to change some parts but was mainly wondering should I wait for the Nvidia 3000 series or just get a 2000 series.

Thanks in advance

 

My Parts list:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Bull628/saved/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bullewoldt628 said:

I would like to build a high end pc but would be up to change some parts but was mainly wondering should I wait for the Nvidia 3000 series or just get a 2000 series.

Thanks in advance

 

My Parts list:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Bull628/saved/

 

It all depends on how much you’re willing to wait. I have a 2080 Ti and I know it will still be pretty close to the performance of the high end 3000 series so it was worth it to me but if you’re absolutely determined to have the best performance possible you should wait for the 3000 series and get a 3080 Ti.

CPU: i7 8700K (5.1 GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mmGPUEVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti. PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE. RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (3600 MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 2TB Samsung 860 EVO, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue. CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz. Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset. Keyboard: Razer Cynosa Chroma. Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate (Wireless) Webcam: Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GamerBlake said:

It all depends on how much you’re willing to wait. I have a 2080 Ti and I know it will still be pretty close to the performance of the high end 3000 series so it was worth it to me but if you’re absolutely determined to have the best performance possible you should wait for the 3000 series and get a 3080 Ti.

I don’t need to have the highest end I plan on mainly playing 1440p and would like to be able to play at least 100fps most of the time but just want to play AAA games without bad FPS.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s your budget for the graphics card?

Quote me or mention me at @Shrekpad so I get notified 
pc specs:
CPU: 
Intel i7 8700K MOBO: ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming RAM: 16GB (2x8) DDR4 G Skill TridentZ 3000 MHz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING OC CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv STORAGE: Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 NVME SSD,
T-Force Delta RGB 250GB SSD, 4TB Seagate Barracuda HDD PSU: 750 Watt EVGA SuperNova G3 MONITERDell S2716DGR 1440p 144hz G-Sync, BenQ PD2700U 4K 60hz CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum OS: Windows 10

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bullewoldt628 said:

I plan on mainly playing 1440p and would like to be able to play at least 100fps most of the time but just want to play AAA games without bad FPS

it should be able to do that for at least a short amount of time

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to keep it under like $1300 I had been deciding between a 2080 Ti or 2080 Super

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait.

Current PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Bullewoldt628 said:

I would like to keep it under like $1300 I had been deciding between a 2080 Ti or 2080 Super

I have a 2080 Ti and play on a 1440p 144hz MSI Optix MAG271CQR 27” monitor and my 2080 Ti has given me 144+ FPS in every game I play. I play Resident Evil 2 (remake), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Devil May Cry 5, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Witcher 3 (only 120fps on that), Civ 5, and some other games. All at max settings. You could be really smart and wait until the 3000 series come out and then buy a discounted 2080 Super or 2080 Ti.

CPU: i7 8700K (5.1 GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mmGPUEVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti. PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE. RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (3600 MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 2TB Samsung 860 EVO, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue. CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz. Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset. Keyboard: Razer Cynosa Chroma. Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate (Wireless) Webcam: Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

Link to post
Share on other sites

if it helps the games I plan to play mainly are Ark Survival Evolved, Modern Warfare, Red Dead Redemption 2(I know this might have lower FPS), and Ghost Recon Breakpoint and some others but those are some for sure

Also Wreckfest

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Bullewoldt628 said:

if it helps the games I plan to play mainly are Ark Survival Evolved, Modern Warfare, Red Dead Redemption 2(I know this might have lower FPS), and Ghost Recon Breakpoint and some others but those are some for sure

Also Wreckfest

I know ARK is quite demanding from personal experience, I would wait for the 3000 series unless you need a graphics card now. 

Quote me or mention me at @Shrekpad so I get notified 
pc specs:
CPU: 
Intel i7 8700K MOBO: ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming RAM: 16GB (2x8) DDR4 G Skill TridentZ 3000 MHz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING OC CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv STORAGE: Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 NVME SSD,
T-Force Delta RGB 250GB SSD, 4TB Seagate Barracuda HDD PSU: 750 Watt EVGA SuperNova G3 MONITERDell S2716DGR 1440p 144hz G-Sync, BenQ PD2700U 4K 60hz CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum OS: Windows 10

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×