Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to setup Fortnite the same as PS4?

Hwy All,

 

My son loves playing Fortnite on PS4, however I just finished a PC gaming build and I want to make the experience the same as the PS4. I was able to get things working on Steam, but Fortnite does not use steam.

 

The first issue is that he wants to use the PS4 controller. How do I set it up the be able to use it. BTW, I have already figured out how to link via Bluetooth.

The second issue is how to enable headphones on the controller. He plays with his friends and he plugs his headphones into the controller to speak with them and get sound from the game.

 

Any help would be much appreciated.

 

Cheers Dave

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JapanDave said:

Hwy All,

 

My son loves playing Fortnite on PS4, however I just finished a PC gaming build and I want to make the experience the same as the PS4. I was able to get things working on Steam, but Fortnite does not use steam.

 

The first issue is that he wants to use the PS4 controller. How do I set it up the be able to use it. BTW, I have already figured out how to link via Bluetooth.

The second issue is how to enable headphones on the controller. He plays with his friends and he plugs his headphones into the controller to speak with them and get sound from the game.

 

Any help would be much appreciated.

 

Cheers Dave

Fortnite uses the Epic Games Launcher, so download that and then you can install Fortnite. When I have used my PS4 controller on my PC it has an audio output (I never used it though so may not be that good) and I dont know if the mic will work. You would be better off buying a PC headset.

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

iPhone Xr | 64GB | Jailbroken on iOS 13.5

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz RAM | 256GB SSD & 3TB HDD | Windows 10 Home

Laptop: HP 14-an060sa | E2-7110 | Radeon R2 APU | 4GB RAM | 256GB SSD | Windows 10 Home

 

 

 

Phones:

Main: iPhone Xr 64gb PRODUCT(RED)

Collection:

Original Boxed A grade iPhone 5 32gb Black (iOS 6)

Original Boxed A grade iPhone 6s 32gb Space Grey (iOS 9)

Unboxed C grade iPhone 5c 16gb Green

Unboxed B grade iPhone 5 16gb Black (iOS 8.4.1)

Unboxed A grade iPhone 4s 8gb White (iOS 6.1.3)

Original Boxed B grade iPhone SE 32gb Rose Gold (iOS 12..4.1)

Non Orignal Boxed B grade iPhone 5s 16gb Silver (iOS 11.3.4)

Original Boxed A grade Samsung Galaxy S7

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, JapanDave said:

The first issue is that he wants to use the PS4 controller. How do I set it up the be able to use it. BTW,

Plug it into the PC via USB and works with Fortnite no issues.

 

25 minutes ago, JapanDave said:

The second issue is how to enable headphones on the controller.

Just get a  PC headset and he can carry on as normal.

3 minutes ago, eG JoK3R said:

to enable ps4 controller use on the pc

Don't need that for Fortnite, windows recognises the DS4 as a controller.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, eG JoK3R said:

I cant help with the headphones but I use DS4Widnows http://ds4windows.com/ to enable ps4 controller use on the pc. 

 

There are presets on there or you can remap buttons as you need to. 

I just did a preliminary check and it seems to be working just like PS4 with that software. I will check with my son if the audio works as normal.

12 hours ago, glenalz81 said:

Plug it into the PC via USB and works with Fortnite no issues.

 

Just get a  PC headset and he can carry on as normal.

Don't need that for Fortnite, windows recognises the DS4 as a controller.

I tried with just the PS4 controller and Bluetooth connected and it was't working with Fortnite.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JapanDave said:

I tried with just the PS4 controller and Bluetooth connected and it was't working with Fortnite.

Tried with the controller connected via bluetooth?

 

I meant with the cable. Fortnite is about the only shooter i play with my kids, they use keyboard and mouse but i'm stuck in my ways..lol

 

I just plugged my DS4 in with the cable, loaded up Fortnite and it worked with no problems. It's a different story for Steam games and some other titles though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×