How to setup Fortnite the same as PS4?

JapanDave

Hwy All,

My son loves playing Fortnite on PS4, however I just finished a PC gaming build and I want to make the experience the same as the PS4. I was able to get things working on Steam, but Fortnite does not use steam.

The first issue is that he wants to use the PS4 controller. How do I set it up the be able to use it. BTW, I have already figured out how to link via Bluetooth.

The second issue is how to enable headphones on the controller. He plays with his friends and he plugs his headphones into the controller to speak with them and get sound from the game.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers Dave

21 minutes ago, JapanDave said:

Hwy All,

My son loves playing Fortnite on PS4, however I just finished a PC gaming build and I want to make the experience the same as the PS4. I was able to get things working on Steam, but Fortnite does not use steam.

The first issue is that he wants to use the PS4 controller. How do I set it up the be able to use it. BTW, I have already figured out how to link via Bluetooth.

The second issue is how to enable headphones on the controller. He plays with his friends and he plugs his headphones into the controller to speak with them and get sound from the game.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers Dave

Fortnite uses the Epic Games Launcher, so download that and then you can install Fortnite. When I have used my PS4 controller on my PC it has an audio output (I never used it though so may not be that good) and I dont know if the mic will work. You would be better off buying a PC headset.

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 7TB combined HDD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" 2015 | i7-4870HQ | R9 M370X | 16gb | 1tb SSD

iPhone 13 Pro Max | 256GB | iOS 15.7

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

25 minutes ago, JapanDave said:

The first issue is that he wants to use the PS4 controller. How do I set it up the be able to use it. BTW,

Plug it into the PC via USB and works with Fortnite no issues.

25 minutes ago, JapanDave said:

The second issue is how to enable headphones on the controller.

Just get a  PC headset and he can carry on as normal.

3 minutes ago, eG JoK3R said:

to enable ps4 controller use on the pc

Don't need that for Fortnite, windows recognises the DS4 as a controller.

12 hours ago, eG JoK3R said:

I cant help with the headphones but I use DS4Widnows http://ds4windows.com/ to enable ps4 controller use on the pc. 

There are presets on there or you can remap buttons as you need to. 

I just did a preliminary check and it seems to be working just like PS4 with that software. I will check with my son if the audio works as normal.

12 hours ago, glenalz81 said:

Plug it into the PC via USB and works with Fortnite no issues.

Just get a  PC headset and he can carry on as normal.

Don't need that for Fortnite, windows recognises the DS4 as a controller.

I tried with just the PS4 controller and Bluetooth connected and it was't working with Fortnite.

12 hours ago, JapanDave said:

I tried with just the PS4 controller and Bluetooth connected and it was't working with Fortnite.

Tried with the controller connected via bluetooth?

I meant with the cable. Fortnite is about the only shooter i play with my kids, they use keyboard and mouse but i'm stuck in my ways..lol

I just plugged my DS4 in with the cable, loaded up Fortnite and it worked with no problems. It's a different story for Steam games and some other titles though.