My Corsair SF750 Power Supply died on me. Please recommend a Replacement?

Lester Chan

Even if you have plans to use another power supply you could still return the faulty Corsair unit, get a replacement, and then sell the replacement.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

On 3/27/2020 at 12:07 AM, jonnyGURU said:

three of those didn't even come from Convergent (they bought outside of Singapore and then returned to Convergent).

wait. you can do that?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

12 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

wait. you can do that?

For Corsair. You can sort of say Convergent represent Corsair in Singapore. 

But in this instance, I would say contact Corsair directly since we're all aware that Convergent no longer has any RMA stock.

Actually now I feel lucky that I got in touch with Corsair international. The RMA unit is on the way to me now. Initially I was waiting for the Covid situation is die down to send the unit back to Singapore for RMA :)

On 4/26/2020 at 9:09 PM, L3nnon said:

Same here...bought from Dynacore during late March and once complete built during April after parts arrived. Next day power trip - psu dead. Serial number same running range as previous mention.

• `19524863000067160085` (Lester)
  • `19524863000067160086` (Chucklenut)
  • `1952863000067160126` (hoanglh94)
  • `19524863000067160123` (L3nnon)

Due to Covid & unsure if RMA or 1to1 exchange is avaliable - decided to purchase Seasonic SGX650 at ad hoc higher cost due to my work still got to continue.

Psu yet to arrive but worried if any other items fried though? Can anyone or Lester, Chucklenut or Hoanglh94 had any PC component affected?

I also changed to SGX650, no issues. No other parts of my computer are affected *PHEW*

This sounds like the same issue I ran into yesterday.

Serial: 19524863000067160024, from New Zealand.

On 4/26/2020 at 9:09 PM, L3nnon said:

Same here...bought from Dynacore during late March and once complete built during April after parts arrived. Next day power trip - psu dead. Serial number same running range as previous mention.

Due to Covid & unsure if RMA or 1to1 exchange is avaliable - decided to purchase Seasonic SGX650 at ad hoc higher cost due to my work still got to continue.

Psu yet to arrive but worried if any other items fried though? Can anyone or Lester, Chucklenut or Hoanglh94 had any PC component affected?

Came over here from reddit to add my name to the list. Bought a SF600 from PC Themes in Feburary but built in May. I wish i read this thread before I started building. RMA from convergent still not available. My main circuit breaker and sub-circuit breaker tripped in the middle of the night while the PC was in sleep mode. Main circuit breaker got fried, had to call 24/7 electrician service and replace the main circuit breaker. cost me S$500 :(

• `195048650000.....` (Kensaegi)

Accodring to Reddit, batches from 1950-1952 are all affected, and a corsair person commented on the thread saying people should contact them directly for RMA, hopefully can bypass Convergent.

6 minutes ago, kensaegi said:

Accodring to Reddit, batches from 1950-1952 are all affected, and a corsair person commented on the thread saying people should contact them directly for RMA, hopefully can bypass Convergent.

If you're going to comment that someone from Corsair responded, you might as well share that response:

Hey guys, this is something we’d really like to take a look at, and we’d like to help get your system up and running properly. Since you want a fully functioning system and we want the PSU back for analysis, right now the fastest solution is to contact one of our senior agents directly, so we can send a replacement to you, and you can send the original back to us. We will gladly do an advanced replacement for you so you aren’t out a unit. Please contact james_logan@corsair.com and he will work with you directly to set up the replacement.

And I haven't seen where it was officially announced that the batch range was from 1950-1952, unless it was in one of those several ppt.cc or tieba.baidu.com threads.  But it sure seems like the incidence is confined to those two lot weeks of production. 

Actually, also in that Reddit thread, it looks like a Corsair distributor in Vietnam confirmed this.  So I'm not sure why I'm being asked.  ☺️

I also encountered the same issue 2 weeks ago. 

Serial: 19524863000067160159, and I bought from Gresouth Trading (Singapore).

Got the power supply in early March and once completed built in early April. 

Used for 2 weeks then encountered the loud sound and flash from the power supply and tripped my house main circuit breaker.

Emailed to convergent Systems regards to my power supply issues and they don't have the stock to exchange the unit.

Still waiting...  Thinking to switch to Seasonic Focus SGX650 which is offered lower efficiency and 100W less than SF750, but still offered 10 years warranty.

Any recommendation please.

1 hour ago, Immortal_Spirit said:

Emailed to convergent Systems regards to my power supply issues and they don't have the stock to exchange the unit.

Because you should contact Corsair.  Convergent doesn't have inventory.

It even says in the Reddit post:

Hey guys, this is something we’d really like to take a look at, and we’d like to help get your system up and running properly. Since you want a fully functioning system and we want the PSU back for analysis, right now the fastest solution is to contact one of our senior agents directly, so we can send a replacement to you, and you can send the original back to us. We will gladly do an advanced replacement for you so you aren’t out a unit. Please contact james_logan@corsair.com and he will work with you directly to set up the replacement.

Did you not see that part or.....  ???

Just got my replacement unit from Corsair last weekend. Lot number is 1943 and it has been running well so far since Saturday. It was a refurbished set anw. 

7 hours ago, Immortal_Spirit said:

I also encountered the same issue 2 weeks ago. 

Serial: 19524863000067160159, and I bought from Gresouth Trading (Singapore).

Got the power supply in early March and once completed built in early April. 

Used for 2 weeks then encountered the loud sound and flash from the power supply and tripped my house main circuit breaker.

Still waiting...  Thinking to switch to Seasonic Focus SGX650 which is offered lower efficiency and 100W less than SF750, but still offered 10 years warranty.

Any recommendation please.

Get the Seasonic Focus SGX650. I switched to that, works perfectly.

Hello to everyone.

So for the moment, the only faulty SF750 comes from Singapore and one from New Zealand? 

Geographically speaking, are there chances that the one in New Zealand could come from the same distribution related to Singapore?

27 minutes ago, PIRATA! said:

Hello to everyone.

So for the moment, the only faulty SF750 comes from Singapore and one from New Zealand? 

Geographically speaking, are there chances that the one in New Zealand could come from the same distribution related to Singapore?

No.  It comes from a particular lot code range, as confirmed by the Vietnam distributor in the Reddit thread.  

But AFAIK, as long as the product wasn't sold before the problem was realized, all of the affected lot codes should be quarantined.  That's why there's so little inventory at the moment.

On 5/17/2020 at 1:30 AM, jonnyGURU said:

No.  It comes from a particular lot code range, as confirmed by the Vietnam distributor in the Reddit thread.  

But AFAIK, as long as the product wasn't sold before the problem was realized, all of the affected lot codes should be quarantined.  That's why there's so little inventory at the moment.

That might me the reason why Amazon is telling me that mine should arrive on the 1st of July.

Hope it will not arrive from any faulty lots and without any issues.

2 hours ago, PIRATA! said:

That might me the reason why Amazon is telling me that mine should arrive on the 1st of July.

Hope it will not arrive from any faulty lots and without any issues.

No.  Amazon gets containers direct from Corsair.

12 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

No.  Amazon gets containers direct from Corsair.

That is reassuring!! But also for Europe countries? I live in the Old World :)

Said so, I have called Amazon and they told me that the long delay is due to very low (empty?) stock in Amazon's Europe warehouses (the item is sold and shipped by Amazon).

39 minutes ago, PIRATA! said:

That is reassuring!! But also for Europe countries? I live in the Old World :)

Said so, I have called Amazon and they told me that the long delay is due to very low (empty?) stock in Amazon's Europe warehouses (the item is sold and shipped by Amazon).

All of the larger retailers (Amazon, Newegg, Scan, LDLC, etc.) get their products directly from Corsair.

Only the smaller ones go through distibutors like D&H, Synnex, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received mine from Amazon Italy, and my serial number is 19534852000067110125 

I sent the email about this to james_logan@corsair.com as suggested for all owners of affected batch 1950/1951/1952/1953

Hope to have a reply soon. I hope to not have to wait too long for receiving the advanced replacement for having my system up and running with the SF750 :(

You should get a reply shortly.  If you don't receive anything in the next couple days, PM me with your information, and I'll reach out directly to him.  With everything going on right now we're experiencing longer than usual responses, but working to make sure everyone gets taken care of as promptly as possible.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

delete

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

4 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

You should get a reply shortly.  If you don't receive anything in the next couple days, PM me with your information, and I'll reach out directly to him.  With everything going on right now we're experiencing longer than usual responses, but working to make sure everyone gets taken care of as promptly as possible.

Thank you very much for your reply and help. I'll get to you next week if I'll not get any reply directly from him.

Please, can you advance me the information needed by Corsair from my side? Amazon invoice, my address, PSU serial...something else?

Thanks!