HELP NEEDED TO UNINSTALL STOREMI

Go to solution Solved by Enmotus,

The knowledge base for FuzeDrive is also applicable to StoreMI.  See this article:

https://desk.zoho.com/portal/enmotus/kb/articles/uninstalling-fuzedrive

The expert version: Your drive is now in a RAID-like configuration, where your LBA is virtualized, and a VMAP maps your data to the LBA of the underlying disks.  Where we do provide a feature to "Remove Fast Media", i.e., move everything to the slow drive, assuming you have the space to do so, your drive is no longer linear with LBA and will still require the StoreMI driver to access the data even if there's only one drive in your tier.

In short, you'll need an extra disk or cloud storage with enough capacity to move all your data to, then clean the drive, and move your data back again.  Note that the upcoming FuzeDrive 2.0--and, at some point, we assume StoreMI, though if/when is up to AMD--adds a feature to re-linearize and "unfuze" your drive.  That release is some months away, however.

Hello, here is my configuration : Ryzen 5 2600x, 2x4Go DDR4, GTX1060 6Gb, 1To HDD, 220Go SSD.

I have storemi since months now and i feel like it really slow down my pc, like, it take 50 seconds to boot and no one of game is loading really quickly.

I am using 741Go of my disks.

I want to remove storemi from my pc and i dont have any external disk to boot on or anything, so no backup. So i need help to understand how can i remove storemi without gettin to redownload all my games because i have a very poor connexion.

Thank you if you can help me !

I'm sorry to say that I know of no way to remove StoreMi and retain your data.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

The knowledge base for FuzeDrive is also applicable to StoreMI.  See this article:

https://desk.zoho.com/portal/enmotus/kb/articles/uninstalling-fuzedrive

The expert version: Your drive is now in a RAID-like configuration, where your LBA is virtualized, and a VMAP maps your data to the LBA of the underlying disks.  Where we do provide a feature to "Remove Fast Media", i.e., move everything to the slow drive, assuming you have the space to do so, your drive is no longer linear with LBA and will still require the StoreMI driver to access the data even if there's only one drive in your tier.

In short, you'll need an extra disk or cloud storage with enough capacity to move all your data to, then clean the drive, and move your data back again.  Note that the upcoming FuzeDrive 2.0--and, at some point, we assume StoreMI, though if/when is up to AMD--adds a feature to re-linearize and "unfuze" your drive.  That release is some months away, however.