are these case fans good? Fractal Design Dynamic X2 GP-12

silverera99

are these fans suitable as intake fans to be placed behind a dust filter?

also if anybody owns them and mind sharing if they are silent as the specs suggest

2 minutes ago, silverera99 said:

are these fans suitable as intake fans to be placed behind a dust filter?

also if anybody owns them and mind sharing if they are silent as the specs suggest

Those are the fans on the Define C, R6 and the Meshify series. 

They're not the greatest fans, but they do their job and they're certainly better than no fan.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

9 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Those are the fans on the Define C, R6 and the Meshify series. 

They're not the greatest fans, but they do their job and they're certainly better than no fan.

are there some better options available in the 12EUR range? cause this is the price these are sold here

Just now, silverera99 said:

are there some better options available in the 12EUR range? cause this is the price these are sold here

What's your system configuration? Making a recommendation completely blind, I'd say leave them, but there might be a reason to upgrade if you're building a very high end build or something. If you're just looking for the quietest fans you can just tune them via software to spin slower.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Specs and temps? Which dust filter? Where are you shopping / located?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 3/20/2020 at 1:10 AM, WoodenMarker said:

Specs and temps? Which dust filter? Where are you shopping / located?

only worrying temp is the gpu 83-84C in load . it's an rtx 2060 gigabyte oc. had to undervolt/underclock to lower the temps.i have cm mb511 case.ideally i want to go for 2x140mm quiet fans . but this case has weird mount holes for the 140mm fans. the first 140mm fan comes mounted at the middle area of the case blowing to the gpu and the second one comes at the bottom blowing at the psu shroud. basically there is a gap at the top nothing blowing to the cpu area. any mod i can do to mount the 2x140mm starting fromm the upper side? or i could just go for 2x120mm . i have a sw3 as exhaust. i could just move it to the intake area and get another sw3. how do you think the temps would be without an exhaust and 2x intake

6 hours ago, silverera99 said:

only worrying temp is the gpu 83-84C in load . it's an rtx 2060 gigabyte oc. had to undervolt/underclock to lower the temps.i have cm mb511 case.ideally i want to go for 2x140mm quiet fans . but this case has weird mount holes for the 140mm fans. the first 140mm fan comes mounted at the middle area of the case blowing to the gpu and the second one comes at the bottom blowing at the psu shroud. basically there is a gap at the top nothing blowing to the cpu area. any mod i can do to mount the 2x140mm starting fromm the upper side? or i could just go for 2x120mm . i have a sw3 as exhaust. i could just move it to the intake area and get another sw3. how do you think the temps would be without an exhaust and 2x intake

What cpu and cooler are you using? Temps? The front fans don't need to be mounted towards the top. As there's a rear exhaust near the top, air will find its way upwards. The lower fan placement also provides better cooling for the graphics card since the air has to get under the graphics card fans.

One front intake and one rear exhaust would probably be better than just intake.

You mentioned having a SW3. What happened to the stock case fan?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

19 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What cpu and cooler are you using? Temps? The front fans don't need to be mounted towards the top. As there's a rear exhaust near the top, air will find its way upwards. The lower fan placement also provides better cooling for the graphics card since the air has to get under the graphics card fans.

One front intake and one rear exhaust would probably be better than just intake.

You mentioned having a SW3. What happened to the stock case fan?

hmm so strange i have this case and i can't  mount the 140mm fans like in this pic tried with 2 types of fans

image.thumb.png.280d207d29a1f04ca31e3392c148b1d8.png

i can mount them this way

image.png.1f1e809fd54d6446a437c67b7905cfba.pngguess i'm doing something wrong but they really don't fit at the top. and yeah i replaced the 1x cm 120mm stock fan that came as exhaust cause it had a strange humming noise

2 hours ago, silverera99 said:

hmm so strange i have this case and i can't  mount the 140mm fans like in this pic tried with 2 types of fans

i can mount them this way

guess i'm doing something wrong but they really don't fit at the top. and yeah i replaced the 1x cm 120mm stock fan that came as exhaust cause it had a strange humming noise

The drawing shown seem unrealistically low and don't reflect the sizes of 140mm fans. The 140mm mounts blow into the shroud but most of the effective fresh air for the graphics card has to go below the graphics card fans. 

The 140mm mounts shown here seem fine. I'm not sure if having it slightly higher up would be better overall. https://gnd-tech.com/2018/10/cooler-master-masterbox-mb520-case-review/

Spoiler

Cooler-Master-MasterBox-MB520-28-768x102

Where are you shopping / located?

2 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

image.png.6519e89030681eb3bbcce888f99276e5.png

this is not unrealistical at all, the bottom 140mm fan is directly orintated to the PSU shroud and minimal if not at all air going to the gpu .i actually own this case and i know what i'm saying. this is the only way the 2x140mm work. tried with multiple fans. the upper holes are only for the 120mm ones.

look at this meshify c case and how ideal the 140mm fans placement are blowing directly to the gpu and cpu 

buying from here https://www.emag.ro/ventilatoare-pc/filter/dimensiuni-f193,120-mm-v556/dimensiuni-f193,140-mm-v557/sort-priceasc/c?ref=lst_leftbar_193_556,lst_leftbar_193_557

image.png.394420642b570cfdb775a5df73bd1a0d.png

3 hours ago, silverera99 said:

this is not unrealistical at all, the bottom 140mm fan is directly orintated to the PSU shroud and minimal if not at all air going to the gpu .i actually own this case and i know what i'm saying. this is the only way the 2x140mm work. tried with multiple fans. the upper holes are only for the 120mm ones.

look at this meshify c case and how ideal the 140mm fans placement are blowing directly to the gpu and cpu 

buying from here https://www.emag.ro/ventilatoare-pc/filter/dimensiuni-f193,120-mm-v556/dimensiuni-f193,140-mm-v557/sort-priceasc/c?ref=lst_leftbar_193_556,lst_leftbar_193_557

By unrealistically low, I just meant that you drew the top of the upper 140mm mount lower than the middle 120mm fan mount. What you originally posted for the top 140mm fan was basically this:

Spoiler

1936d131da8fa21b204abb5f3887ed00.png

What's actually there in red seems fine and seems biased towards graphics card cooling more so than the Meshify C. The top fan in the Meshify C isn't providing any notable airflow for the graphics card since it isn't below the graphics card fans. 

12 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

By unrealistically low, I just meant that you drew the top of the upper 140mm mount lower than the middle 120mm fan mount. What you originally posted for the top 140mm fan was basically this:

Reveal hidden contents

1936d131da8fa21b204abb5f3887ed00.png

What's actually there in red seems fine and seems biased towards graphics card cooling more so than the Meshify C. The top fan in the Meshify C isn't providing any notable airflow for the graphics card since it isn't below the graphics card fans. 

well i'll give it a try with 2x140mm see how that works out

On my Meshify C I have 2x 120s and 1x 140 in the front. Top front I have a 120 blowing down on my ram, and feeding the cpu fan, as well as keeping the air from the fronts in the case rather than blowing out the top. In the top rear I have a 120  directly above my heat sink acting as an exhaust, and the very back is also an exhaust. 4 in 2 out, works fantastic. The very top fans aren’t using the standard placement, they are slightly offset from their original mounting position.

My 120s are of the 38mm variety, they literally blow the fractal fans away.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

54 minutes ago, freeagent said:

On my Meshify C I have 2x 120s and 1x 140 in the front. Top front I have a 120 blowing down on my ram, and feeding the cpu fan, as well as keeping the air from the fronts in the case rather than blowing out the top. In the top rear I have a 120  directly above my heat sink acting as an exhaust, and the very back is also an exhaust. 4 in 2 out, works fantastic. The very top fans aren’t using the standard placement, they are slightly offset from their original mounting position.

My 120s are of the 38mm variety, they literally blow the fractal fans away.

heard about those x38mm delta fans. guess they are really loud? altough rated at high CFM

Mine are Panaflo NMB-MAT, they can be pretty loud at full speed. My TY-143 is louder at full speed though :D

These are my fans, though mine are no longer listed.. Mine don't have a sensor lead, and I'm pretty sure they were 110cfm, not 104 like those ones.

https://www.frozencpu.com/products/5642/fan-285/Panaflo_H1A_120mm_Hi-Speed_Fan_BX_w_RPM_Sensor_FBA12G12H1BX.html?tl=c435s1104b51

Im surprised the site is still there.

22 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Mine are Panaflo NMB-MAT, they can be pretty loud at full speed. My TY-143 is louder at full speed though :D

These are my fans, though mine are no longer listed.. Mine don't have a sensor lead, and I'm pretty sure they were 110cfm, not 104 like those ones.

https://www.frozencpu.com/products/5642/fan-285/Panaflo_H1A_120mm_Hi-Speed_Fan_BX_w_RPM_Sensor_FBA12G12H1BX.html?tl=c435s1104b51

Im surprised the site is still there.

saw some deltas listed with 210cfm at 6000rpm and 60+db don't wanna imagine how they sound lol

Me neither, at some point even I have to declare overkill.. at least for pc use. At work we use Haas cnc lathes and mills, a lot of them use Panaflo and Pabst fans. Haven’t seen any deltas in use anywhere except forums, and even then it’s been years since someone actually posted a pic of them in use. Big fans aren’t very practical now a days unless you like to overclock. Outside of that you could probably get by with what everyone always recommends. But.. I can run mine quieter than my cheap coolermaster fans in my define r4 and move a lot more air. By quieter I mean you don’t really hear the motors, but you can hear the turbulence.

edit:

Its a bit overkill for a meshify, I used these fans in my big R4

Edit again:

A shot of what I’m talking about..

5F95C44E-9E2B-4A11-9012-9387051C0E4B.jpeg