Pc build for £2500

Alienized
Go to solution Solved by Alienized,
3 hours ago, boggy77 said:

you can, but I wouldn't recommend it. the bitfenix whisper is one of the best quality PSU's out there, 650W are enough and it's cheaper than that EVGA PSU.

look it the PSU tier list in my signature to see how the whisper is in tier A+ and the GQ is in tier B+

Ok i will go as you say...if the pc will be in flames in 3 days i am blaming you :x

Cheers mate

As in the description budget is around  £2500. Location UK

My aim for the build is a lot of  gaming + some stream + Autocad

No peripherals and monitors i already have them. The monitor is ACER Nitro  Quad HD 27" LCD .

Now i have some preferences :

-i9 9900k with a Noctua nh-d15

-MSI GeForce RTX 2080 TI VENTUS GP OC 11GB Graphics Card

-1x m2 ssd , 1x samsung evo  and 1x hdd (i have the last 2 so that's why i am including them )

- no or as little as possible RGB

-no water cooling(i like my fans :x )

- 16 or 32 Gb Ram

-a good motherboard so i can download with more than 13mb/s from Steam :D 

-the case can have glass looks cool i dont mind

-NO AMD please

That's it...If you have any other suggestions fire away i am open to suggestions , we can discuss .

Cheers

Quote me or mention me at @Shrekpad so I get notified 
pc specs:
CPU: 
Intel i7 8700K MOBO: ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming RAM: 16GB (2x8) DDR4 G Skill TridentZ 3000 MHz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING OC CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv STORAGE: Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 NVME SSD,
T-Force Delta RGB 250GB SSD, 4TB Seagate Barracuda HDD PSU: 750 Watt EVGA SuperNova G3 MONITERDell S2716DGR 1440p 144hz G-Sync, BenQ PD2700U 4K 60hz CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum OS: Windows 10

@Shrekpad Heya tnx for the build looks good...now can you please list and another case, better if possible ,because i read that the airflow on this one is not really good and i would like to put some fans in front also and on the top..and it looks meh :) And the power supply is enough to handle everything?People told me that i need at least 850w or the best choice is 1000w under full load (just asking because i dont know) and i found this also :

https://www.ebuyer.com/908644-corsair-rm850-850-watt-80-gold-fully-modular-psu-cp-9020196-uk

https://www.ebuyer.com/730233-evga-1000-gq-modular-gold-rated-80-power-supply-210-gq-1000-v3

Why no AMD ? The 9900K is a massive waste of money. You could get a 12 core 3900X for less. 

Also buying a 2080 ti is not a good choice, considering there should be an announcement on or around the 24th about the Nvidia 3000 series.

@lee32uk I don't get it why people keep coming and saying why not this compared to this, it all comes down to personal preference and previous experience with these products.

He asked for an Intel build why do people keep suggesting AMD? Also from what i know ( he is a friend of mine) he needs the computer relatively soon not in the future so waiting for future  announcements regarding future specs is useless so unless you have an actual build you can share please refrain from asking silly question like why not AMD instead of Intel.

Thank you :)

5 minutes ago, Alienized said:

you can, but I wouldn't recommend it. the bitfenix whisper is one of the best quality PSU's out there, 650W are enough and it's cheaper than that EVGA PSU.

look it the PSU tier list in my signature to see how the whisper is in tier A+ and the GQ is in tier B+

12 minutes ago, Smoaky said:

@lee32uk I don't get it why people keep coming and saying why not this compared to this, it all comes down to personal preference and previous experience with these products.

He asked for an Intel build why do people keep suggesting AMD? Also from what i know ( he is a friend of mine) he needs the computer relatively soon not in the future so waiting for future  announcements regarding future specs is useless so unless you have an actual build you can share please refrain from asking silly question like why not AMD instead of Intel.

I just asked a question why no AMD. Not sure why you have an issue with that ? You expect everyone to have the same opinion ?

The reason people suggest AMD is value for money. If he doesn't care about that then sure go blow it on a 9900K.

Also who made you the Forum Police ? I mean since when has it been silly to ask questions ?

No one said anything about forum police, but since this post is not a debate one it is one on which he simply asked for a build and he did specify that he wanted an i9, i don't see any reason for him to waste time explaining why he has this preference and why not.

If you wanted to go for a debate why this is better and cheaper please feel free to find a debate post on the issue.

Also regarding "You expect everyone to have the same opinion ? " i stated in the previous post that its a matter of personal preference if you would have read carefully.

28 minutes ago, Smoaky said:

No one said anything about forum police, but since this post is not a debate one it is one on which he simply asked for a build and he did specify that he wanted an i9, i don't see any reason for him to waste time explaining why he has this preference and why not.

If you wanted to go for a debate why this is better and cheaper please feel free to find a debate post on the issue.

Also regarding "You expect everyone to have the same opinion ? " i stated in the previous post that its a matter of personal preference if you would have read carefully.

I asked the question why no AMD. Maybe your Friend has had a bad experience with AMD in the past i.e FX cpu's and still thinks they are bad in 2020 ? 

I was suggesting AMD as it is better value for money vs Intel and it is not a dead end platform. A 3700X for example is nearly £200 cheaper. Once you factor in the cost of the board and cooler it is probably more like a £300 difference. So is a few extra fps worth that much more money ?

If he wants to spend it on a 9900K then that is up to him. As for the gpu I was suggesting that he waits a few more days just to see if we get a release date for the Nvidia 3000 series. Then depending on that it might be better to go with a mid range gpu i.e RTX 2070 Super or 5700XT and upgrade later to a 3080/ti.

No point continuing this discussion because you fail to see the point twice now and we are just clogging this post for nothing.

21 minutes ago, Smoaky said:

No point continuing this discussion because you fail to see the point twice now and we are just clogging this post for nothing.

What point would that be ? I guess you don't like the fact that the 9900K is overpriced and that there are better options ? If you or your friend want to fanboy on Intel then carry on.

I said no point to continue this and you are just the person to prove that he is right all the time (and on which case this is not the thread to prove that someone is right)  that's why i will not continue this conversation with you.

Also a little tip for you, cheaper isn't always better in the long run ;)

Have a nice day :)

Edited by Smoaky

3 hours ago, boggy77 said:

Ok i will go as you say...if the pc will be in flames in 3 days i am blaming you :x

Cheers mate

2 hours ago, Smoaky said:

Also a little tip for you, cheaper isn't always better in the long run ;)

Except in this case it is.