What 3700x mobo supports USB 3.2 Gen2 case connector (£100 roughly)

Hi,

I was wondering what motherboard would work with 3700x that comes with a usb 3.2 gen2 connector so I can use the front usb c port on phanteks 600?

Budget is roughly £100

Current board is b450 tomahawk max, but one of the pins is broken so the two normal front usb ports are already flakey.

I was going to gift this board to cheap build I was going to do for my son, and get myself a new board, as it would make transferring data on and off alot easier than going round the back.

Thanks,

Jim

11 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

I was wondering what motherboard would work with 3700x that comes with a usb 3.2 gen2 connector so I can use the front usb c port on phanteks 600?

how many usb 3.2 connectors do you need?

The cheapest board with USB-C front panel connector is probably the Asus Prime X370-pro.

Other options would be the Asus prime X470-pro or the Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra gaming, but they are a bit more pricey.

Outside of that you are looking at 200 pound boards. Boards with USB-C front paneling are generally not cheap

15 minutes ago, Medicate said:

The cheapest board with USB-C front panel connector is probably the Asus Prime X370-pro.

Other options would be the Asus prime X470-pro or the Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra gaming, but they are a bit more pricey.

Outside of that you are looking at 200 pound boards. Boards with USB-C front paneling are generally not cheap

Sure but the X370 and X470 would need bios flash or 2nd gen cpu. Would an X570 not be better. You can find sub €200 X570 boards on Amazon, although they are more expensive.

13 minutes ago, JJCooper_ said:

You can find sub €200 X570 boards on Amazon

But not with a front panel USB-C connector, the thing OP is looking for. Those x570 boards start at 200 and go up.

27 minutes ago, Tetramino said:

how many usb 3.2 connectors do you need?

Would just be looking for one, just with looking at building my son a budget build, it might of been a good idea to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Does the tomahawk support 3.2 gen2? If so, just get a new one of those. Do you have access to a 2nd gen chip? If so, try going for an X470. 

On 3/16/2020 at 10:27 AM, JJCooper_ said:

Does the tomahawk support 3.2 gen2? If so, just get a new one of those. Do you have access to a 2nd gen chip? If so, try going for an X470. 

It doesn't support the silly connector the case has.

Looks like I may just have to live with using a long cable from the back just now, unless any of the boards above are especially good.

29 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

It doesn't support the silly connector the case has.

Looks like I may just have to live with using a long cable from the back just now, unless any of the boards above are especially good.

Sorry about that. Cant think of any that do in your budget