F@H COVID-19 Event FAQ

Make sure you have read the entire post for the event and the general setup guides before you start here. Most advice and tutorials on how to do stuff is given or linked to in those posts.
This FAQ is more for troubleshooting and questions that where asked multiple times.

Anny suggestions or found errors in the FAQ? Please comment below or send me a message! 

Thanks for your feedback and/or contribution: @GOTSpectrum, @Kaemmelot, @Gegger, @dsamg, @Favebook, @Koeshi , @mousesack1080, @Spotty, @gmouz, @RestlessRancor and @rkv_2401!

I Installed F@H but it won’t start / F@H doesn’t start anymore?

Spoiler

Try in this order:

1.    Reboot your PC

2.    Make sure your drivers (especially GPU) are up to date.

3.    Reinstall F@H and make sure to delete the data also. You will get asked by the uninstaller.

4.    Reinstall+ reconfigure

Still doesn’t work?

5.    Uninstall using the free Revo Uninstaller https://www.revouninstaller.com/de/revo-uninstaller-free-download/this tool tries to delete every file and registry entry left over by a programs uninstaller. When uninstalling klick advanced mode for Revo.

Slot is sitting on "Ready" / I get the error “WARNING:WUXX:FSXX:Failed to get assignment from xxxxx: No WUs available for this configuration”/ My slot is stuck at downloading?

Spoiler

1.     Make sure your iWeb is working ok.

There is a super high load on the servers right now due to massive amounts of new donors. They are simply running out of work units and can’t create new ones fast enough. We expect this to be fixed in the next days, it seems like it is getting better. 

Got nothing after 1-2h?

Advanced client: Try to pause the slot, wait 10sec then resume the slot. Repeat after another 1-2h if necessary.

PLZ do not restart more ! Because restarting to often is even more stress for the servers.

Slot is sitting on "Sending" / failing to send results

Spoiler

There is a super high load on the servers right now due to massive amounts of new donors. Restart the client ONCE per hour (not more because this produces additional load on the servers). Let it sit and wait. There is nothing you can do on your sides besides checking that your iWeb is working. If the slot is failing to send untill it expired the work, sadly, is lost. But you will continue to get work for that slot while its trying to send the old WU.

Slot is sitting on "Failed"

Spoiler

This only happens if F@H detects a slot constantly failing. There must be something wrong with your system. Here are some general troubleshooting tips.

1. Reboot

2. Reinstall F@H (select DELETE DATA in the uninstaller)

3. Update drivers (mainly GPU but everything else also)

4. DDU+ reinstall GPU Driver

5. Update BIOS
6. Update Windows

7. Post your log on the forum to get some help :( 

(GPU) slot sitting on "waiting for idle" 

Spoiler

Put the power slider on full!

the GPU will be used when the computer is used only with it on full power.

Dont worry all modern GPUs have no problems displaying general stuff and playing videos while being pegged by F@H 

Where can I select to specifically fight against COVID-19?   

Spoiler

Atm nowhere, but the guys at F@H are assigning the corona stuff extra high priority. Advanced client: Select “any” under “cause preference”.

Web client: "Any disease" in the list "I support research fighting".

You will mostly get the COVID work units!

Which projects are fighting against COVID-19? 

Spoiler

CPU : 14328 - 14329 - 14530 - 14531

GPU : 11741 to 11764

More coming soon! Keep an eye on this site for information directly from the guys that run F@H: https://foldingathome.org/news/

I requested my passkey but didn’t get it for hours?

Spoiler

1.     CHECK YOUR SPAM! There are reports of Mail providers categorizing the passkey mails as Spam!  

Besides that there is a super high load on the servers right now due to massive amounts of new donors. The servers can’t keep up with giving out passkeys. Resources are all dedicated to generating new work and giving work assignments.

Still nothing after 24h or so? Request again, maybe using a different email.

DON’T REQUEST MULTIPLE TIMES IN A SHORT TIMEFRAME! THIS WILL MAKE THINGS WORSE DUE TO EVEN MORE REQUESTS. 

Start folding without it. You can enter it at any time! Until then you won’t get as much points but your service towards science is the same! 

Can I use my account+passkey on multiple systems?

Spoiler

Yep! The combined production of points will be shown under your username. Makes more sense like that to be faster at getting badges :)

My web control doesn’t work/keeps refreshing?       

Spoiler

Easiest fix for most systems: Access it in incognito mode.

Fix for Chrome: Press F12, then right-click the refresh icon and select "empty cache, hard reload".

Or maybe this helps: http://localhost:7396/ (no 127.0.0.1 and no https used to access it).

Or maybe try a different browser.

My Viewer isn't working. Is my computer doing anything? 

Spoiler

Thats a known flaw on the lates version client. As long as the PPD and system usage is there you are producing science. Therefore you can ignore that. The F@H Team decided to put every effort into making more science rather than a fancy looking client/viewer.  

I have a high core count CPU (especially AMD) and my GPU performance gets tanked when I also fold on my CPU?     

Spoiler

This happens due to the windows thread scheduler being a bit meh… 

1. Install AMD chipset drivers. The NEWEST ones form AMDs website, not your Mobos website!

2. Install newest GPU drivers, also from team green/reds website directly

3. Have Windows, BIOS etc. up to date

4. Try disabling CPU folding, see how your usage on the GPU is. For this use task manager and switch one of the GPUs graphs to compute (1,2,3,… you have to see which one it is)

5. Enable CPU folding leaving one core (2 threads in windows assuming you have hyperthreading) open for the GPU slot. Maybe leave one more core open for Windows background stuff.

6. Compare your GPU usage and gradually reduce CPU thread count until you reach the same GPU usage as without CPU folding.

-> Don’t bottleneck your GPU with a pegged CPU. On most systems GPU performance is worth more than CPU.

“Better/alternative” solution: Get Linux. We have some good tutorials on here on how to install the green and red driver. Although until now I was not able to get my AMD GPUs working on Ubuntu….

Is my hardware fast enough to reach the requirements for the event/ can I be competitive?

Spoiler

Although being competitive and shooting for the highest scores etc. The much more important thing behind all of this is the science being produced here. Therefore, just GO! Doesn’t matter… every little bit helps. As long as you are able to finish WUs in the deadlines everything is cool, and we are thankful for your contribution!

A GTX660/750 or higher should be able to get 500000 points over 14 days, if only GPU folding.

Source : (https://www.overclock.net/forum/55-overclock-net-folding-home-team/475163-gpu-projects-ppd-database.html) 

BUT: Those are all ruf estimates and often based on the older core21. You will see significant derivations from the numbers given there.

I get the error “Bad State detected... attempting to resume from last good checkpoint. Is your system overclocked?” or “Following exception occurred: Particle coordinate is nan”?

Spoiler

Disable every OC. F@H is pretty sensitive to that. Make sure drivers etc. is up to date

And try again. IF you wish to OC you have to do it super carefully and give the system MUCH more time for stability checking. At this time please don’t OC, because every canceled Work unit is lost work and extra load for the servers… which are hammered anyway.

Can I fold on GPU and CPU at the same time?     

Spoiler

Yeha! Just make sure to leave 1core per GPU and one for windows away from your CPU folding slot.

What’s my F@H name that I need to input into the google form?

Spoiler

The name you input into the client at first configuration. That’s also where you can see your statistics and points on the official page or on EXOC. Example: https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=652286

-> My folding name is Metallus

Where can I make sure that I am properly signed up?              

Spoiler

@GOTSpectrum has the second list out in his blog:

mind the dates! This was pre LTT video on the topic!

I have been folding for another team previously. Can I still join LTT and participate in the event?

Spoiler

The name you input into the client at first configuration. That’s also where you can see your statistics and points on the official page or on EXOC. Example: https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=652286

-> My folding name is Metallus

My PPD seems low compared to other guys with the same hardware?

Spoiler

Give it some time. Especially now with the high load on the servers and WU shortage this can happen. Should fix itself in the next days. But check your system usage and make sure your power slider is on max and everything is up to date.

I have completed a work unit, but my score doesn’t go up?

Spoiler

Give it some time. Especially now with the high load on the servers and WU shortage this can happen. Should fix itself in the next days.

My score and username isn’t displayed in the web UI?

Spoiler

Can happen because of the extreme load on the servers. Points will still be counted just not displayed. Use EXOC for statistics (as of writhing this it still works)

Official F@H stats page is not loading/producing errors?

Spoiler

Due to high loads on the servers this is currently powered of, but everything is still counted towards your user and our team. EXOC stats still work (as of writing this), are more detailed and easier to use anyway: https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=223518

Is there a way to go hard on the gpu and medium on the cpu?

Spoiler

Yup! 
Go to: Advanced client -> configure -> slots -> CPU -> enter how many threads you want to fold one. Max should always be yourNumerOfThreadsThatYOurCPUhas - 1core for the GPU -1core for Windows. One core being two threads if you have hyperthreading or SMT

Why do I only have 0-1% usage on my GPU in taksmanager?

Spoiler

AMD:You have to switch one of the GPUs graphs to compute (1,2,3... you have to try wich one it is) there.

Nvidia: Switch it to CUDA.

You most likely will also see usage of a bit below 100% but that is ok.

I want to stop contributing to Folding@home. What do I do now?

Spoiler

Simply DONT! :P

To stop contributing please finish the current Workunits! Otherwise this will be lost work and time for the project.

1) Click finish in the advanced client. Current WUs will be finished, but it wont download new ones.

2) close the F@H client and removed it from autostart

3) If you wish you can also uninstall. Idd keep it so you can turn it back on if you wish to

What's the difference between Timeout and Expiration / Why is my expected credit and PPD ticking down when I need longer for a WU?

Spoiler

That all has to do with the Quick Return Bonus (QRB) and how the points are calculated
Info here: https://foldingathome.org/support/faq/points/

Connected to the  question Above: Can I reduce downtime by predownloading work units?

Spoiler

No.

There is a option telling F@H to start the download of a new WU after finishing a set % of the current WU. This will make the slot directly continue to compute. 

client options: Name: next-unit-percentage value:x with x 1-100%.

HOWEVER: Due to the Quick return bonus going down if the WU is assigned to you and sitting at your disk but not being computer it is highly recommended to put x=100. For more information see the question above!

I get Error: :Receive error: 10053: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.?

Spoiler

That error message is because you have the protein viewer open and it is stuck on the demo loop.
The viewer/visualiser does not work in Windows with the latest version of folding@home. Close the viewer and it will stop giving that error message.

I should have almost x points base on the FAHControl log but on the stats page it say only <x?

Spoiler

Especially with the high load on the servers and everything it can take some time for the stats to be updated. Also the client only gives you estimates. Wait a few hours and your points will appear. Also make sure your passkey is correct. Not getting QRB (see above) can also lead to low points.

Extra info for new folders: Your first 10 WUs will not be eligible for the QRB. Therefore expect lower points until you have fifished 10WUs.

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

hmmm

put try different browser for webcontrol keeps refreshing?

also put something about don't dump WUs unless something's borked (unless it's there and i'm being blind)

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

7 minutes ago, Gegger said:

put try different browser for webcontrol keeps refreshing?

Done thanks

7 minutes ago, Gegger said:

also put something about don't dump WUs unless something's borked (unless it's there and i'm being blind)

Its already there, but Ill make it more clear  ;) 

Hey, thank you for this FAQ! It will help out a ton of users (I learned some useful stuff here too!)

Tiny addition to it though, to this question specifically:

Why do I only have 0-1% usage on my GPU in taksmanager?

On AMD cards you have to switch to one of the 'Compute' tabs indeed, but on Nvidia you have to switch to the 'CUDA' tab.

Also, I am not a fan of people correcting spelling mistakes/grammatical errors, but on this line:

My PDD seems low compared to other guys with the same hardware?

I think you meant to write PPD, instead of PDD.

That is not an issue for more adept users (who will recognize this being PPD in this context), but a novice user might think it's a different term.

Again, not a fan of spelling corrections, but in this case I suggested it for the sake of clarity.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

adding on to what @minibois said about the ppd thing, might wanna mention QRB too

and the 2nd sign-up list has come out too

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

On 3/15/2020 at 9:32 PM, Metallus97 said:

Can I fold on GPU and CPU at the same time?     

Hide contents

Yeha! Just make sure to leave 1core per GPU and one for windows away from your CPU folding slot.

Hi, I added my CPU (i7-6700K 4GHz) back into F@H because I've finally managed to get the thermals under control (fan control wasn't working properly) but it's only estimating 13000 points per day and I think it has slowed the two other GPUs (GTX 780 & GTX 980) down a little.

Would leaving a core open help with this (and if so, would you mind explaining how to do this please?), or would it be better to remove the CPU slot from F@H?

Thanks

Hey, so I'm new to F@H, but trying to test out and see if I can get it to run better so a few Q
What is iWeb, you said to see if it works?
Are there projects that doesn't load the GPU? as I'm seeing 80-90% load on CPU and abour 0 on gpu for long periods? 
Also is there any point to or benefit from opening ports for F@H?

1 hour ago, Ztaal3 said:

Hey, so I'm new to F@H, but trying to test out and see if I can get it to run better so a few Q
Are there projects that doesn't load the GPU? as I'm seeing 80-90% load on CPU and abour 0 on gpu for long periods? 

I am not sure where you read "iWeb" but Web Control is something that automatically opens when you run F@H app.

For second question I assume that you totally skipped FAQ since there are 2 questions with answers referring directly to question you asked.

I am not even sure what you wanted to ask in third question.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

1 hour ago, Ztaal3 said:

Web control? You can access it here: http://client.foldingathome.org/. It has known issues with the Chrome browser where it will constantly refresh. Try a different browser or use incognito mode.

I would recommend the Advanced Control instead. Right click the F@H icon in the tray icons bar and select Advanced Control.

Check to make sure your GPU is actually working on a project. It may be sitting idle waiting for a new work unit to download/become available.

If you have a work unit processing on the GPU and are checking in Task Manager then it does not show the usage correctly by default. Click on one of the boxes and change it to Cuda for Nvidia or Compute for AMD. That will then show the actual usage.

image.png.196ae477d37d88819689f3f3f3100699.png

F@H will need access to the network through the firewall, though you should not require opening any extra ports. It should all be set up from the installation process and be good to go without needing to tweak anything but if you have a third party firewall it might block the F@H program, so if you're having connection issues check that.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

On 3/17/2020 at 4:42 PM, minibois said:

Hey, thank you for this FAQ! It will help out a ton of users (I learned some useful stuff here too!)

Tiny addition to it though, to this question specifically:

On AMD cards you have to switch to one of the 'Compute' tabs indeed, but on Nvidia you have to switch to the 'CUDA' tab.

Also, I am not a fan of people correcting spelling mistakes/grammatical errors, but on this line:

I think you meant to write PPD, instead of PDD.

That is not an issue for more adept users (who will recognize this being PPD in this context), but a novice user might think it's a different term.

Again, not a fan of spelling corrections, but in this case I suggested it for the sake of clarity.

Didn’t see it until today.. done now + thank you!

On 3/18/2020 at 10:07 PM, RestlessRancor said:

Hi, I added my CPU (i7-6700K 4GHz) back into F@H because I've finally managed to get the thermals under control (fan control wasn't working properly) but it's only estimating 13000 points per day and I think it has slowed the two other GPUs (GTX 780 & GTX 980) down a little.

Would leaving a core open help with this (and if so, would you mind explaining how to do this please?), or would it be better to remove the CPU slot from F@H?

Thanks

Sorry for my late answer 

Didnt see this! Standard is having one thread per GPU open. Leaving another one open could help on some setups.

ill put it in the FAQ tomorrow

I'm currently using an EVGA GTX 980TI Classified as the main GPU in my system.  I added my older EVGA SSC GTX 960 just to compute for FAH, and I added a spare old Quadro K2200 to my system to add compute horsepower.  Everything is folding except the Quadro K2200.  It is showing in the advance control panel, but will not fold.  Any suggestions?  I'd also like to get this card to contribute.  Many thanks!

Has there been an issue for new people folding where they can't see their stats cause their name won't show on the stats list? (when you click "stats" beside your score when viewing the web control UI) It only shows "Not Found". I have a passkey and already input the LTT team ID on the client, also I do have a score already.

7 hours ago, B-MacAttack said:

I'm currently using an EVGA GTX 980TI Classified as the main GPU in my system.  I added my older EVGA SSC GTX 960 just to compute for FAH, and I added a spare old Quadro K2200 to my system to add compute horsepower.  Everything is folding except the Quadro K2200.  It is showing in the advance control panel, but will not fold.  Any suggestions?  I'd also like to get this card to contribute.  Many thanks!

You should link a log when you have such problems, but I assume that there are no WUs currently and your GPU is waiting for F@H servers to assign it.

4 hours ago, DozySlumbers said:

Has there been an issue for new people folding where they can't see their stats cause their name won't show on the stats list? (when you click "stats" beside your score when viewing the web control UI) It only shows "Not Found". I have a passkey and already input the LTT team ID on the client, also I do have a score already.

Servers are a bit late with those points, especially for new users, I'd wait 24-48h and then check again.

Alternatively, since it has already been 4 hours since you posted this question, try searching for your ID on EoC.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

Looks like that was the case.  It looks like it grabbed something during the night.

I don't think I'm getting any work on Covid my projects are 14190 and 11780

I keep getting an error:

17:27:45:ERROR:Receive error: 10053: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

I've allowed FAH through windows firewall. Any ideas?

21 hours ago, Rott3n1 said:

I don't think I'm getting any work on Covid my projects are 14190 and 11780

How do I know that I'm working on COVID-19 related projects ?
If you're running a project that's listed here, you're fighting COVID-19 :
CPU : 13862 - 13863 - 14328 - 14329 - 14337 - 14528 to 14531 - 14572 - 14574 - 14576 - 14600 to 14602
GPU : 11741 to 11781

12 minutes ago, mousesack1080 said:

I keep getting an error:

17:27:45:ERROR:Receive error: 10053: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

That error message is because you have the protein viewer open and it is stuck on the demo loop.
The viewer/visualiser does not work in Windows with the latest version of folding@home. Close the viewer and it will stop giving that error message.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

10 minutes ago, Spotty said:

How do I know that I'm working on COVID-19 related projects ?
If you're running a project that's listed here, you're fighting COVID-19 :
CPU : 13862 - 13863 - 14328 - 14329 - 14337 - 14528 to 14531 - 14572 - 14574 - 14576 - 14600 to 14602
GPU : 11741 to 11781

Thank you!

37 minutes ago, Spotty said:

THAAAT I did not know -> will add and thank you!

Also thanks @mousesack1080 for bringing it up!

On 3/15/2020 at 4:32 PM, Metallus97 said:

I requested my passkey but didn’t get it for hours?

Hide contents

1.     CHECK YOUR SPAM! There are reports of Mail providers categorizing the passkey mails as Spam!  

Besides that there is a super high load on the servers right now due to massive amounts of new donors. The servers can’t keep up with giving out passkeys. Resources are all dedicated to generating new work and giving work assignments.

Still nothing after 24h or so? Request again, maybe using a different email.

DON’T REQUEST MULTIPLE TIMES IN A SHORT TIMEFRAME! THIS WILL MAKE THINGS WORSE DUE TO EVEN MORE REQUESTS. 

Start folding without it. You can enter it at any time! Until then you won’t get as much points but your service towards science is the same! 

I've requested mine twice now and have received nothing, not even in spam. Is there a backlog right now?

43 minutes ago, bendres97 said:

I've requested mine twice now and have received nothing, not even in spam. Is there a backlog right now?

there is. They are still overwhelmed by new users

Hey guys,

I saw somewhere on the LTT Folding Event thread that there is a way to get the viewer to work. I can confirm it works.

[Link to post - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1164541-ltt-folding-teams-emergency-response-to-covid-19/?do=findComment&comment=13397099]

Thanks to @Phantombulit for bringing this up.

For anyone interested, there is a WORKING FAH Viewer linked in the github i found an executable that someone compiled here:

https://github.com/FoldingAtHome/fah-issues/issues/1283
https://github.com/FoldingAtHome/fah-issues/files/4364298/FAHViewer-091713f412-windows-x86_64.zip

Apparently this has been fixed for a while now, but they never pushed a release.

Now you can watch something besides the "demo" mode, enjoy

Desktop 1 : Ryzen 5 3600 (O/C to 4Ghz all-core) | Gigabyte B450M-DS3H | 24GB DDR4-2400 Crucial(O/C to 2667) | GALAX RTX 2060 6GB | CoolerMaster MWE 650 Gold

Desktop 2 : i5 10400 | 32GB DDR4-3200(@ 2667Mhz) |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8 GB | Corsair CV450M

Laptop : ASUS ROG Strix G17 : i7-10750H, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660Ti 6GB(90W), 1TB NVMe SSD

Yoga 3 14 - i7-5500U, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 940M, 256GB SSD

Can I do anything if another user has a folding badge based on WU I have completed?

1 hour ago, Reuben said:

Can I do anything if another user has a folding badge based on WU I have completed?

What do you mean? Are you referring to the badges on the forum under profile pictures that people receive for folding?

image.png.6c114e0d72ea4e1b01ad1cd0c1e28e0c.png

If someone is trying to claim your stats page as their own to cheat a badge then you should PM a forum moderator (myself or @TVwazhere would be best)

Otherwise I'm not sure what you are asking? :S