Looking for Help Proofing my First Build

kent10000

Hello, I am planning on building my first PC with the budget of around 600. I can finally afford to build my own PC and I would like to make sure these are all compatible, I am aware there is no HDD since I already have one. And depending on price I may upgrade to a 1660 super even though that will probably not make much of a difference. Oh yeah, and on the Part Picker list it shows the old 14nm 1600, I'm planning on using the new 12nm one that comes with the wraith cooler. Anyway, here's the link on PC Part Picker https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ncVHn7 

And here's a list:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 65W AM4 Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler Wraith Spire - No LED 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AB350M-DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Storage: Team GX1 120 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB GAMING X Video Card 
Case: Corsair SPEC-DELTA RGB ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA BR 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Thanks

Looks good. The one thing I'd change is the motherboard. I have a motherboard tier list in my signature: try to get a tier D at least, preferably a tier C. That way in the future you can plug in a used (cheap) 3900X when your current CPU gets old, and your motherboard will have a strong enough VRM to get the full performance out of the CPU.

You might also want to consider slightly faster RAM if it isn't a huge cost, since Ryzen gets much faster with faster RAM. (try for 3000Mhz or similar, you can probably go up to 3200Mhz without compatibility issues)

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

37 minutes ago, kent10000 said:

I'm planning on using the new 12nm

Here's the link, you can add it to your parts list

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/8HqBD3/amd-ryzen-5-1600-12nm-32-ghz-6-core-processor-yd1600bbafbox

If you're spending $50 on a PSU, go for the Corsair CX450, it's gonna be a lot better than that BR you selected

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (14nm) 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($85.00) 
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($79.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($63.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Silicon Power A80 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($69.98 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB BLACK GAMING Video Card  ($203.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cougar MG130-G MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($53.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($38.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $595.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-03-15 00:52 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 hour ago, kent10000 said:

Hello, I am planning on building my first PC with the budget of around 600. I can finally afford to build my own PC and I would like to make sure these are all compatible, I am aware there is no HDD since I already have one. And depending on price I may upgrade to a 1660 super even though that will probably not make much of a difference. Oh yeah, and on the Part Picker list it shows the old 14nm 1600, I'm planning on using the new 12nm one that comes with the wraith cooler. Anyway, here's the link on PC Part Picker https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ncVHn7

And here's a list:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 65W AM4 Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler Wraith Spire - No LED 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AB350M-DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Storage: Team GX1 120 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB GAMING X Video Card 
Case: Corsair SPEC-DELTA RGB ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA BR 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Thanks

I really don't understand the appeal of the GTX 1660 cards. Every benchmark I've seen shows it sucks absolute burnt koala penis, so I don't know what kind of game Nvidia thinks they are playing with this allegedly "brand new" GPU. You can do much better than that for your hard earned money. If you are going with Nvidia, then I wouldn't go any lower than an RTX 2060 super. I would also replace that Ryzen 5 1600 as well. For more or less the same price, you can upgrade to a brand new Ryzen 5 3600 and get a much better performance.

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

10 hours ago, BlackManINC said:

I really don't understand the appeal of the GTX 1660 cards. Every benchmark I've seen shows it sucks absolute burnt koala penis, so I don't know what kind of game Nvidia thinks they are playing with this allegedly "brand new" GPU. You can do much better than that for your hard earned money. If you are going with Nvidia, then I wouldn't go any lower than an RTX 2060 super. I would also replace that Ryzen 5 1600 as well. For more or less the same price, you can upgrade to a brand new Ryzen 5 3600 and get a much better performance.

I Agree that the 1660 isn't very good, but im only planning on doing mild 1080p gaming and I sadly dont have the extra money to upgrade the the GPU sadly so im stuck waiting for a sale.

42 minutes ago, kent10000 said:

I Agree that the 1660 isn't very good, but im only planning on doing mild 1080p gaming and I sadly dont have the extra money to upgrade the the GPU sadly so im stuck waiting for a sale.

Well, if I were to go lower than the 2060 super, the lowest I'd accept is a GTX 1070. You can get one for more or less the same price for a better performance. I'm all about not letting these companies rip people off. 

Link: GTX 1070     (Only 11 left in Stock)

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

20 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

Looks good. The one thing I'd change is the motherboard. I have a motherboard tier list in my signature: try to get a tier D at least, preferably a tier C. That way in the future you can plug in a used (cheap) 3900X when your current CPU gets old, and your motherboard will have a strong enough VRM to get the full performance out of the CPU.

You might also want to consider slightly faster RAM if it isn't a huge cost, since Ryzen gets much faster with faster RAM. (try for 3000Mhz or similar, you can probably go up to 3200Mhz without compatibility issues)

Thanks, I found a faster ram kit and changed the PSU as you and other people have suggested. Do you mind recommending a budget mobo that has a good vrm as I find the motherboard market very confusing.

21 minutes ago, kent10000 said:

Thanks, I found a faster ram kit and changed the PSU as you and other people have suggested. Do you mind recommending a budget mobo that has a good vrm as I find the motherboard market very confusing.

Depends on what exactly you are willing to spend. If you want AMD's latest X570 motherboard, the video below breaks down the best of those at each price range. 

Top 5 Best X570 Motherboards:

0:55 - Best Entry-Level ($200)

2:30 - Best All-Rounder ($300)

4:05 - Best High-End (Sub-$400)

5:35 - Best of the Best, No Compromises ($♾)

7:40 - Best MicroATX

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

17 hours ago, kent10000 said:

Motherboard tier list in my signature.

Tier C or above is what I'd usually go for, depends on what you want to be able to power.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

19 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

Tier C or above is what I'd usually go for, depends on what you want to be able to power.

Hello,

Would a AsRock B450M Pro 4 be a good Choice?

This is my Updated Part List. Thanks for all the Help. If there are any problems with this please let me know.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9WQsvW

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (12nm) 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor 
Motherboard: ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory 
Storage: Team MS30 128 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB BLACK GAMING Video Card
Case: Corsair 275R Airflow
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power

Thanks Again

Kent